2019-05-13 22:36:53

Yes, I was wondering the same as post 225. Also, I can't wait to even hear a trailer of Crimson Eclipse. Then, I can't wait to of course play it. Then to finally be able to start on my on game thoughts. Yaaaaay!!!

Thumbs up +1

2019-05-13 23:44:39

Hi,

In answer to posts 225 and 226, thanks for the question about the name. we decided on the name Sable, as in the heraldic term for the colour black. As we wanted something which both tied in with the company name Ebon Sky  Studios, but also we’re all big RPG fans and knew we wanted to  create games which had a dark edge to them as well, so because of all of that Sable tied in nicely with each point and that’s how we came up with the name Sable. Ebon Sky Studios was similar in that we knew we wanted to produce games with that dark edge to them so Ebon as in ebony or black worked well for that, Ebon Sky was also the name of a Dungeons and Dragons campaign world that a close friend of one of the members created  in the past and we all liked the name and it seemed to again tie in nicely with the types of games we wanted to produce.

Thanks again for all the positive comments, its great to see people so excited about both crimson Eclipse and Sable.

The Ebon Sky Studios Team
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

Thumbs up

2019-05-14 04:19:00

What if you complete your first game, but failed to release it as a standalone executable?

Roses are red,
Violets are yellow;
You challenge me to change my signature,
I say oh hell no.

Thumbs up

2019-05-14 19:23:53

Hi,

@number 228, As mentioned previously it’s too early to discuss specifics like packaging at this stage, the video series was more designed to just give an overview of Sable, more detailed information about these kind of finer points will be detailed nearer to the release of Sable. I can assure you however we will definitely be  releasing Crimson Eclipse as a standalone game/executable. We set up Ebon Sky Studios  as we wanted to create our own immersive RPG audio games, Sable was created to allow us to create these games, but we also wanted to share our development tools Sable with the community  so others could build their own games using our software too. As mentioned in the first post in the topic we want to create RPG audio games which have immersive storyline, exploration and strong battle mechanics . Crimson Eclipse is a chance for everyone to see what Sable is Capable of, but also a chance for us to show the types of games we want to create here at Ebon Sky studios. so to answer your question yes we will definitely be releasing Crimson Eclipse  as a stand alone game so everyone  can play and enjoy the game, we just don’t have a release date set for this yet.  As mentioned yesterday, although we don’t currently have any more specifics to share about Crimson Eclipse as soon as we do have more details we’ll be sure to share them here and also on our social media pages too.

The Ebon Sky Studios Team
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

Thumbs up