2019-01-08 22:35:07

Hi all,
I've noticed that some parts of cucat.org, the cavi website, where they currently have some amazing courses on REAPER for free, appears to be down.
I can visit the wiki and download the assignments files but the cavicast page doesn't work. It takes a lot of time to load and then it just says that the server took to long to respond.
Also, when I downloaded the REAPER midi course, they said in it that you were supposed to get some sfz files that they had made, but I couldn't find them anywhere.
Does someone know anything about this?

Regards
T-m

2019-01-08 22:39:17

I wouldn't rely on these. I've found the courses to be holy unreliable. They require a lot of things that are no longer available.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-05-13 13:03:38

Is anybody else hosting these? The site was working about a month ago and I downloaded the Audio Essentials and Reaper Module course, but I was unaware of other Reaper MIDI courses that I would also be interested in downloading. I'd also be interested in the GoldWave and a few of the Linux-hosting courses as well. In fact, it would be awesome if somoene found a new place to host it as an archive.
Since CAVI ran out of funding, perhaps they might release some of the other courses to the creative commons GNU General Public Licence the way it was done with 3D Velocity.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2019-05-13 16:06:09

They're still a good source of learning, even if you can't get all the supplementary stuff.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-13 17:21:10

what is this kavi about

2019-05-13 18:41:06

Well, as taken from Cavi directly,
CAVI, or Cisco Academy for the Visually-impaired, is 'a leading technology school for blind and vision impaired people around the world.
Online learning can level the playing field for blind and vision impaired people who want to learn computer and technology skills. Local schools may have excelent classes, but transportation issues, higher costs, and lack of accessibility of the curriculum hold some people back. CAVI has spent a decade working to bridge this gap for our students.
If you've ever wondered if blind people could fix computers, design websites, learn programming, run Linux servers, build networks, or work with audio production, you're in the right place. You can learn to do those things too.'

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2019-05-14 14:45:08

Hi.
It looks like the audio stuff can be downloaded again.
http://wiki.cucat.org/index.php/Main/Audiogiveaway
Let me know if you have problems downloading the audio stuff. As far as I know there aren't other courses other than the audio stuff available.

Have a nice day.
Francois

2019-05-14 18:25:44 (edited by Green Gables Fan 2019-05-14 18:30:13)

I was able to download the VST archive, as well, so if anybody has problems with it, I or someone who has them can host it. :-)
Additionally, if the SFZ archive is working, let me know. Otherwise, I can probably get by and by without it if I am going to study how to make an SFZ in the first place.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy