2019-05-12 00:58:48

You know? When there's this game out there that is actually decent. And then, the developer drops it. It makes me yell sometimes.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-05-13 10:36:12

The most annoying thing in the world are moderators on this forum, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-05-13 13:13:28

No, I am not joking, they are the most annoying thing in the world, a specialy Jayde and Aaron.

2019-05-13 13:18:46

No, Aaron is actualy 10-times better then Jayde, hahahahahahahahahaha! I am saying that because Jayde did something really stupid about two weeks ago. So, Crazygamer posted a question, if someone can give him a mod for Super liam, and then Jayde gived him a warning, because he opened a thred that hasn't being open for about thirteen years. And that happend also the next day, but in the different topic and in the different shape, but with the same person. That's not fair in my opinion.

2019-05-13 13:20:39

The only moderator and news poster, that I really like is Dark, his moderations are not that often, and he posts only good things.

2019-05-13 13:22:53

I know, that I will probably receive warning, but whatever. I was thinking, if I should say that, but i think I need to do that. Because I really don't understand, why someone should receive a warning, just because ofopening an old thred.

2019-05-13 17:26:19

I want to yell when I go to a topic and see 5 posts in a row by the same person, all giving rediculous views and unnessisaryly rude comments.
Also when I constantly hit = instead of backspace, I've been away from this keyboard for a while.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-05-13 19:31:57

UEB I hate it so much! Just leave Braille alone! I also feel that UEB was thought up by a bunch of sighted people that know nothing about Braille and the reason I think that is because I do not know anyone in the blind community that was asked about UEB. Okay sure I may just be over reacting but I feel like if you want to change something like a writing system you should do a better job of surveying the community. I'm not saying that print never changed because I don't know much about print however I do know if you tried to change it today there is no way it would happen and yet it is okay to change Braille because less people read it? I think that's bull! If people want UEB sure, that's fine, but don't force everyone else to switch... Just thinking about UEB makes my brain hurt. I heard but don't know if it is true that UEB came about to make it easier for computers to translate Braille and if that's true that's a pretty shitty reason. If it is so that all English Braille is the same maybe but still like things are spelled different between the US and UK so why should it matter if the Braille is different? I will never learn UEB and I guess I'm screwed if it becomes the norm but it just pisses me off so much!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2019-05-13 21:44:15

Moderation:

Urh, I'm issuing a caution here, not a warning. And no, it's not because you took issue with what I did to crazygamer and his five revived threads, none of which needed to be revived. I am here to make sure the forums run smoothly. That sort of thread necromancy is not necessary, and was extremely trollish to boot. It comes from a user who we're 99.9999% sure had made multiple other accounts before, some of which had also broken aules, and the existence of which constitute a breach of the rules as well. I'm sorry you take issue with how I'm doing my job, but that's about as far as I can go.

So no, the caution isn't because you disagree or because I can't stand to be challenged. Neither is the case. It's actually because five posts in a row is...kind of excessive. The edit feature exists for a reason. Double-posting I just shrug at, and don't care about. Five posts in a row is...rather a bit much. Please make better use of your posts and consolidate a little better. Inflated post counts aren't necessary for extra privileges or anything, and even if they were, this is a bad way to try and earn said privileges. You aren't really covering any new ground, merely strengthening old opinions. Please be more considerate in future.

end
moderation

So, UEB. I don't much like it either. But the main reason it exists, as far as I understand it, is because of computer braille, Nemeth code and various other forms of braille. This universalizes them all. And no, I don't like it, but I sorta kinda get the rationale.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-05-13 22:04:45 (edited by Ethin 2019-05-13 22:05:59)

Posts 27-31 are a wonderful example of why we need the ability to merge posts. A mod selects five posts, hits merge and boom, their combined into one big post.
I don't get UEB myself; agree with 33 and 34 on that. I get the rationale but not the actual reasoning other than "oh, its so that computers can convert it better". OK... so why not then modify the internal structure of braille in the computers memory? Why must you go so far as to modify the actual system?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-05-14 12:16:05 (edited by Urh2006 2019-05-14 12:43:54)

Hi! You are right Jayde. I didn't want to say that you are a bad person, I just wanted to say that it is not fair from you, you know about Crazygamer. And I will never upload anything like that again. And I will also change my signature.

2019-05-14 15:46:38

Get UEB out of existence!!!

2019-05-14 15:49:33

Xarvox's signature wrote:

Roses are red,
Violets are yellow;
You challenge me to change my signature,
I say oh hell no.

Violets are not yellow? Unless I'm just blind lmfofl.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-05-14 16:13:45

As long as my Braille Display supports regular contracted American Braille, I refuse to use UEB. I learned Braille this way, and nothing is going to change that.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-05-14 16:54:38

OK, this scientist IIII challenge in Trimps makes me want to yell.
I bought miners and now I have to spam fight, ghrhhhrhrhrrrhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
There, now I feel 0.5% better.

2019-05-14 17:20:41

I also hate UEB.
It's stupid, pointless, and takes longer, because they took out some of the most used contractions, like sion and tion and arrrrgrgrgrg!

----------

2019-05-14 17:24:23

i agree, UEB needs to go away.