2019-05-13 01:15:09

First they took control of our old computers, the ones that just sat there unused until the fateful day that an individual decided to turn them on. Next they spread to our new computers, quickly bypassing are anti-virus protection systems, and entangling themselves within them making themselves immune. Then, they migrated to mobile devices, taking over cellular connections, Bluetooth,  wi-Fi connections, and any other way that devices are  interconnected.  The thing is, 20 years in the future, phones are a lot more advanced.  They can send  electrical signals, Pulses, and much more. The thing is, they won’t stop at controlling electronics. Soon, they will use electronics to take control of us.  And since they have access to the World Wide Web, they know everything there is to know about us.

This came out of nowhere. It took me a grand total about 10 seconds to finish the idea. These things whatever they are invade devices, and those devices can generate signals that can affect our brains, turning us into slaves. I want to do something with this idea but I don't know what

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-05-13 01:18:52

So... Cell by Stephen King?

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2019-05-13 01:22:13 (edited by Dark 2019-05-13 01:30:44)

Lol I'm afraid I was rather thinking the same thing, though in King's case of course it was a signal in mobile phones that turned everyone into zombies, it didn't migrate or anything, and it wasn't exactly intelligent, though there was a horror film called pulse which went with something similar, with the internet downloading ghosts of the dead who could get people through wireless technology.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-05-13 01:31:37 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-05-13 01:33:56)

I don't read king, had no idea about that.  Plus, this force is intelligent. Or rather, they are intelligent.  The fact that already existed is rather unfortunate, but also cool.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-05-13 02:15:51

Heh. I rather liked that book, it was the first Stephen King novel I ever read.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-05-13 04:25:21

I looked it up, now I want to read it.

2019-05-13 09:31:54

where they getting the info from, wikipedia, lol!

2019-05-13 09:39:52

This sounds similar to the film called the 5th wave.

It's also the first book in a trilogy, but if you don't want to read the book and prefer to watch the film, audio vault has it.

2019-05-13 10:16:28

Also sounds like the Daleks from Doctor Who, maybe. Or the Cybermen.

2019-05-14 22:39:12

Wasn't there a x files case in a very early season that made people mad by looking at digital displays? Can't recall the details because it's been ages since I watched those.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-05-15 01:23:01

Hi.
This is very funny, @anIdiot king beat you to that idea but it's still a good one. You should read cell, it's one of the nastiest zombie stories I've ever read. Or maybe zombie isn't the right word but they turn into something very similar when they get a blast of the signal. And yes there is an x-files episode like that called wetwired which was very good. Another episode that was similar was blood but instead of being controlled by tv's and things it was being spread by crop dusters. But before anyone asks, no the audiovault doesn't have the x-files seasons or at least not yet. And they don't have audio description for the original seasons, I don't think they ever will.
Maybe I can help you expand on this idea, maybe the things that enter the computers and control humankind are aliens, spirits of aliens, or some other kind of creature or strange being. Maybe we created these things accidentally and now they are out to get us.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-05-15 10:49:38

@ 11, I was  thinking of aliens mostly.  I’ll definitely consider giving it a read. I checked out the book a few days earlier.