2019-05-11 17:02:34

Hi, all!
I know that this is probably the third topic about somethinelse games, but I have an idea about getting them. So, I've seen that Mazen has a download link to The Nightjar for jailboken devices on his website, and it will be really cool, if he adds more games like Audio defense and Papa Sangre. Can you do that, Mazen? Otherwise, if you can't do that, can you just give an Ipa file for audio defense?

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-05-11 18:09:26

I've got all the ipa's, but I'm not very sure if we can have them up. Considering this is not quite Bavisoft due to the transparency of the fact that the games are dead, the games are never really made available for purchase either. Thus, I did ask for moderator opinions on this in the previous topic, but I don't remember them ever chiming in.

2019-05-11 18:22:10

k, send me a PM with the Ipa files.

2019-05-11 19:46:06

just send me a PM Jake

2019-05-11 21:26:25

Pm's still need to follow official guidelines. So we'll wait and see. I believe there was a topic about this where someone might've posted the link, but I believe it was in that topic I wanted input from the mods. Keep in mind that these games had actual copyrighted material behind them, big-name actors being a great majority of that. I'm sure that is probably why the games hadn't been open sourced. Lot of paperwork would be needed for that, and it's not of interest at this point since Somethin Else got rid of their game development division.

2019-05-12 09:01:45

But, here tis the thing: Those games have bin so popular back in days, I really don't understand, why we can't just get the ipas and play them again.

2019-05-12 17:09:38 (edited by jack 2019-05-12 17:10:09)

Because here's the potential problem.  I paid money for all the games yet I still had to download ipa's because they were purged from the app store. Usually, at least for the audiogames archive, the way we handle games with unknown licenses is that we can't have them officially available until we know how to handle them. This is why BSC was delayed because they were never officially made free until later. A company like Somethin Else, while unfortunately only too happy to cut off its game division, may wish and have the money to fully enforce copyright law. It's not fair, and copyright needs major reform to actually benefit creatives rather than fat corporations, but it is what it is. Unless of course one of the mods chips in and says otherwise.

2019-05-12 23:01:31

those games were amazing, now the company totally ignores us!! Where is our audio game engine they promised!! where!!! aaaaarggg!! why, these games were the best!

2019-05-13 01:19:05

It's not that the company ignored us. They were split up. Somethin Else is still around as a media distributor, but their game distributions (where the talent really was) was let go.

2019-05-13 01:20:03

I modded audio defense sounds. It’s fun. I will post a link of me playing it

2019-05-13 07:51:53 (edited by defender 2019-05-13 07:52:48)

As far as I know, there is still no official rule change unfortunately, but after that long discussion in site and forum feedback, the consensus (which included input from multiple mods) ended up being essentially this.

We won't worry about copyrighted content until such time as we get a takedown request, and even then unless it becomes a big issue we'll just remove the links or the topic.  No one has the time or law knowledge to go through every link, check every file, and keep checking BT Sync folders for changes just to spot potential issues, particularly when we've never actually had problems yet.
The exception to that seems to be (unabandoned) audio game pirating/obvious audio game code and asset steeling.

2019-05-13 10:28:07

So, if I understand right, we should post links to ipas and it will not be a problem. can you do this, defender?

2019-05-13 14:29:47

@Urh, signature dude, signature. I know you're angry but probably not the best idea.

2019-05-13 14:31:25

here they are! All three inside a nice .zip.

2019-05-13 14:34:44

If you want to play on iOS 11 or 12 you will need sydia impactor

2019-05-13 15:06:00

Huh darn, if there would be a way to get those ipas onto your device wirelessly, that would be awesome, my charger is broken, so that's why.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-05-13 15:42:38

Hi. I would just like to chime in and say that I have been doing some experimentation with Cydia impactor along with Zarvox, and it's not that you need it if you are running IOS 11 or 12, you will need it for any IOS version. Also, Zarvox may still be under the impression that Cidia impactor is capable of signing 32bit apps for 64bit devices, unfortunately that is not the case. Audio Defense, being the IPA that we did have at the time, seams to be 64bit compatible, so it installed fine, but later I tried installing some other apps and all of them complained about some kind of binaries, wich have to do with 32bit vs 64bit apps. So bottom line, yes, you can install IPA apps using Cidia impactor, but you can only install apps capable of running on your device, and if it's a 32 bit app, IOS11 or 12 won't accept it at all. I just wanted to make that clear to anyone who wanted to know.

2019-05-13 15:52:17

simba wrote:

Huh darn, if there would be a way to get those ipas onto your device wirelessly, that would be awesome, my charger is broken, so that's why.

Greetings Moritz.

If your jailbroken you can, install them from filza

2019-05-13 15:53:20

Install filza then appsink  unified

2019-05-14 08:08:07

Hi.

Well, problem is though that my device decided to update itself to ios 12.2, so I am out of the jailbreaking business for now.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.