2019-05-12 05:39:24

Hi.
I've always wanted to pick up a final fantasy game to play, and I'm also looking for new accessible titles for my switch.
Therefore, I know there's FF 15 out on switch, but I know not a lot has been said on the forum about accessibility, which obviously doesn't reinforce my decision to want to buy it.
So I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried it for themselves?
Can they share there experience, if it has any playability for the free rome like in GTA, like attacking enemies, driving your car ETC.
I don't expect it to be the same obviously, I just want to compare details of games like this.
Thanks in advance.

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-05-12 05:42:59

Don't waste your time. You'd have better luck with final fantasy x.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-05-12 05:43:51

I have heard a lot of reviews about the Nintendo switch, and how it’s not accessible. I don’t think it does have a screen reader, so I am not sure how that’s going to work.

2019-05-12 11:23:14

@post 2... can you be a bit more specific as to why?
@3... I have a switch, and while I have to agree that it is probably the most frustrating console out there for playable/accessible games, I have 2 or 3 games I can play, hence why I want an RPG or something for it.

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-05-12 15:45:07

Hi.
I have not played Final Fantasy 15, but I played Final Fantasy X many years ago, but never completed it.
In FF x, you don't have to jump. The map is very linear, so it's quite easy to navigate around. I never fully understand the battle menu, how to upgrade your character etc. but it was a fun game to play.
I think FF x still is the most playable FF game, but it is not 100% beatable without sighted help.
If you feel like giving FF 15 a try, then feel free to do it. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-05-14 06:05:07

For any Final Fantasy game you're going to eventually need sighted help, just as an avid fan of the series I know that for a fact.  I've never finished a game with my sight loss without sighted help, but if you want to try it then by all means go ahead!

2019-05-15 04:41:45

The biggest problem in FF X for us is leveling up your character. In this game, to level up a character you need to use a spheer grid. When you use it you have to move it to certain sections which can be impossible for us.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!