2019-03-12 02:13:49

Ok, so I am looking at this topic, and I'm interested in checking this out, so exactly what will I need to play?  This topic has over 300 posts now.  Usually by the time we get lots of posts the links in the thread to the relevant files/tutorials/other things die, so rather than click on a bunch of dead links in this topic, I'll just ask.  Exactly which files will I need?  where are the files I will need, and are they up to date?  Thanks.

2019-03-12 13:19:57

i can't edit the post at the top but the link to the dropbox folder is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8yep5q1oxw8y … w1oea?dl=0
the scripts you need are v3.5 in the scripts folder. you will also need the plugin manager which you will find in the x3tc folder as well. the scripts are up to date as an from last night and have been tested by me.

2019-03-14 11:13:15

Hi,
I know this has been asked a few times on here, and I have gone through the replys too but I don't really get what to do to have the scripts run when the game starts?
do I just copy scripts from the dropbox link above, and paste them in the script folder in the X3 game I want to play? and then launch it with the X3 universe plugin manager lite?
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-03-14 18:53:40

you go to the addons folder of the game then into scripts if you're playing x3AP. copy the scripts into the folder. with the plugin manager you need to make sure it's run as administrater. then focus it on the x3ap folder in documents then set the save to modified so you can use any script.

2019-03-15 19:49:57 (edited by JLove 2019-03-15 19:56:13)

How do you set the save to modified?  Also, I am assuming that Zac is no longer working with the scripts since he got his new job, so has someone else taken over that?  I'm seriously concerned about paying for something I'm not going to be able to really play if there's no chance for expansion and improvement in the future.

2019-03-15 21:58:02

well i'm playing it at the moment and it's just fine. once you've set the plugin manager to the correct folder then go into the menu's and look for modified. can't remember which menu it's in but it's a normal menu system like you'd get in any programme. am hoping others will work on scripts yes i'm in talks with someone who has reworked the existing scripts to work much better and am hoping they'll continue but i have not heard from them in a few days.

2019-03-16 02:24:08

ok there's been a further update to the scripts. changes below:
- The position of your current ship is now written to logfiles 249 and 250 directly at the beginning, next to the sector name.

- At the end of logfile 250 flying ware containers (i.e. containers in space with a ware inside) are listed, sorted by distance to your ship. The list includes the following information:
• name of the ware in the ware container
• Amount of the ware
• Volume
• Transport class
• Whether you can transport the ware with your ship, and if so how many units you could carry at a max.
• Distance to the ware container, including coordinates.

(The list, including the headline "Container in space", is only logged, if there are actually containers in the current sector. You can test this by throwing something out of your ship's cargo room.)

if anybody wants to follow this thread or even join in then go to
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php … p;start=15
you'll have to sign up to post. however there's a nasty capture there that you'll need help to get around or ask the forum admins to help you with.
the scripts are now in the db folder. i've removed all the previous versions of the scripts to save confusion. so in that folder you'll find the latest scripts plus the x plugin manager.

2019-03-17 20:28:13

Hi.
Darren, can you actually tell me again how I can enter coordinates manually? I still remember how to install the package, but how can I get to the prompt on entering the coordinates?
Also, maybe you can tell me a bit on what my first goal should be. I am still flying around in my mercury fraighter and trading ore. I found a neet little ore mine in the power circle which coughs out ore at 50 to 60 credits currently which I can sell easily to weapon complexes and the like.

So, any tips on what Is should work up to?

greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-03-18 00:26:00

ok firstly with the whole coords thing:
1. you need navigation software. purchase at equipment docks. there's 1 in argon prime.
2. activate command console. shift c.
3. go to havigation. should be the top one.
4. near to the bottom of the navigation menu i can't remember how far up from the bottom 3 or 4 arrow presses (i think) is the coords option. hit enter.
5.type a set of coords as follows. 5000, 0, 5000 hit enter and you should be on your way to the in system coords.

as for goals, well the beauty of this game is that you can start in any way you can. what i did was to maximise my cargo bay of the murcury. speed and rudder optimisation. then start trading. what i did next is to start moving about into space belonging to other races. such as the borons and the paranid. the borons have a really good super freighter that when fully upgraded can give you a cargo bay of 14000 units. the paranid food stuffs are excellent for trading. you'll see what systems i mean but i'll point you at empires edge dukes domain.
once i got that ship and fully upgraded it i then started to invest in factories. now because stations get swapped in and out of the game regularly, it gets a little more difficult to tell you where to place factories but i can say that argon weet farms make good profits multiple races will buy from them and they will help with your race relations overall.

now i have 4 factories, ore mine, silicon mine, weet farm and cahoona bakery.
i also have an argon eclipse protecting me wherever i fly. armed with 8 HEPTS at the front, can't remember what weapons i have on my rear and front turret respectively. so i feel quite safe at the moment. i have 5x 25jg shields on my ts transporter and 1 200jg shields on my eclipse.
so really in the first instance it's up to you what direction you wish to take however my next target is to go for a tl class transporter. that for me is going to be a boron orka. i need to check the stats on that but from what i remember it's the fastest of the tl's and the one that can carry the most cargo.

2019-03-18 04:07:46

Hi.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Do you actually know how I can equip weapons to a ship? I bought a small laser for my fraighter and want to install it, but I am not sure how it works.

also, is there a reliable way on how I can repair my ship? i apparently flew into something and now my speed is limited.
I tried mucking around with the repair laser by going EVA, but this didn't seam to work.
I looked at a shipyard in argon prime, but couldn't find a repair option.

Do you have any tips?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-03-18 12:46:43

you need the gunnery menu to equip weapons. press g. then press enter on each weapon and then arrow right then press enter. the onboard computer will say weapon installed where weapon is the name of the laser.
have you checked to see that the weapon you wish to install is compatible with your ship or even if your ship has bays/turrets?
to repair a ship go to a shipyard. go to the trade menu. any damaged ships you have will show right at the top. buy the repairs like you would any product. press enter when you've made the max selection possible.

2019-03-18 23:22:59

ok so i'm changing my mind slightly. i'm going to go for the argon mammoth. that's got the biggest cargo bay this side of the war sectors. i'm nowhere near ready to head for those sectors yet.

2019-03-20 00:13:35

Hi.
Ah, thanks, i found the option. Sadly though it almost ate up all my credits, so I have to start making money again, damb!

Do you actually have any ships you remotely control to send them out on trade runs? What about nav satelites, did you drop out any of these as well?

I don't really know what to do currently and what actually helps me and what is just there for visual overview. It still would be neet if we could check the prices of products while in space so we don't need to dock at a station everytime we want to do something.
I know that sighted players can in fact do that.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-03-20 00:35:01

so can we if you assign a hotkey. do you know how to do this?

2019-03-20 00:54:02

Hi.

No, actually not, Zack ones wanted to tell me how that works, but we enever came around doing it.

What I know that it only works with albion praylood, which I need to start anyway.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-03-20 11:13:00

Hi,

darren wrote:

you go to the addons folder of the game then into scripts if you're playing x3AP. copy the scripts into the folder. with the plugin manager you need to make sure it's run as administrater. then focus it on the x3ap folder in documents then set the save to modified so you can use any script.

Thank you for that,
However my folders are all in the c program files folder instead of documents. I installed games via steam if that helps.
Will the scripts still run?
  for example, my x3 folder is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict
still need to find the stupid AP folder... lol.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-03-20 12:09:50

no it's documents egosoft x3tc and x3ap they are 2 separate folders.

2019-03-22 02:56:02

Daren, do you know how I can set up a hotkey for the price checking script? This would help imensely and i would finally have a reason to start albion prayloode

Greetings Moritz.

2019-03-22 05:41:15

Also, a question regarding exploring of sectors.

Let's say I jump into a sector and look up the log file of the stationary objects available. Let's also say that there are production complexes for shields, medium weapons and warheads.
I now look through my auto pilot destinations and find the shield and medium weapon complexes quite quickly, but not the warheads one.
I now would enter the coords of the warhead complex into my auto pilot, but wouldn't then the auto pilot crash into the production complex? So, when I want to fly to a stationary object, how far should the coordinates I enter into the autopilot be away from the target?
And, if I, let's say, leave the sector and return with some new goods to sell, do I still need to enter the coords of the warheads complex again or will it already show up in my autopilot destinations so I can plott a clear course to that one? I noticed that it happens with gates, I did some exploring today, so I am just wondering if it's the same for the production complexes.
For some strange reason though, when I enter the coordinates of a gate and engage the AP, it takes me to the coordinates, but I don't find a new gate on my scanners. Also not sure why that is.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-03-22 13:14:24

you need to go into options shift o. then down to controls enter. then copy profile that should be the first one. enter. then type a name for your profile. i just called mmine accessibility. after that you need to use your left and right arrows to go to different tabs. look for general. then arrow down to trade log hotkey. it should be all the way near the bottom. press enter on that. then there's 3 options. add control which is the top one. apply then canccancel if i remember rightly. hit add control. then tap the button you want to use. you don't need to press enter it will recognise the button. (note make sure the button you wish to use is not already in use by another function.) once you've done this click apply and you should be done.

2019-04-19 14:57:47

hi all,

there's been another script update. notes below. i'll put the update in the db folder now.

I finally found some time to make some changes again:

- If you have a Freight Scanner installed, and a ship targeted, pressing the hotkey will write a ship log to logfile 150 containing the following data:
1. Some generic data: Relation (omitted if it's your ship), ship name, sector name, position in coordinates, distance to your current ship.
2. The wares (and their amount) that are installed on the ship, divided into weapons (listed by front and turret weapons), shields and softwares. If none of either category are installed, the log will say so.
3. The wares that are not installed on the ship (i.e. which are located in the cargo room), only if wares are present in the cargo room. The log will contain the ware, its amount, volume, transport class, whether the ware is illegal in the space of the current sector owner, and for missiles and weapons whether the target ship can install (i.e. use) them.
The ship log is called for your current ship, if you have no target selected.
Currently not logged are Marines and other personnel.

- If you have a Trading Computer Extension installed, and a factory targeted, pressing the hotkey will write production information about that station to logfile 150 containing the following data:
1. Some generic data: Relation, factory name (contains sector name), position in coordinates, distance to your current ship
2. The product(s) sold by the station, including the current amount and maximum amount, the product name, the current price, the min and max price, the volume and the transport class of the ware, and whether the ware is illegal in the space of the current sector owner, only if it is really so.
3. The resource(s) (divided into primary and secondary) bought by the station, including the current amount and maximum amount, the product name, the current price, the min and max price, the volume and the transport class of the ware, and whether the ware is illegal in the space of the current sector owner, only if it is really so. If the station has no resources of either type, the log will say so.
4. The production cycle information, including how many units of which product(s) are produced in what time as well as which and how many wares are required for one cycle.
5. The remaining time for the current production cycle.
6. Whether the station has enough resources to start the next production cycle. If it has enough resoures to start more than one, the log will tell you how many cycles it can run with the current amount of resources. If it doesn't have enough resources, it tells you which ware(s) and how many units of them are missing.
The current production log will not work very good with player complexes consisting of lots of different production chains. But for single NPC stations and NPC production complexes, as well as single player stations or complexes just containing one production chain, it should work fine. I'll see about changing that in the next version.

- I also fixed / changed a couple of minor things:
• The ware order for factories was incorrect (i.e. wares weren't logged in the correct order).
• I replaced the long version of the transport class with the short version (e.g. "Extra Large Container" turns into "XL").
• For ware containers floating in space, it is now also logged whether the ware is illegal in the space of the current sector owner.

2019-05-10 23:31:45

I just got the demmo, and the opening screen seems not to work with Jaws, though the only things I found in the folder were the actual application, and an option to uninstall it so mabie I misssed something.

2019-05-10 23:56:36

As far as I know there's no demo, but the opening menu is pretty simple. You start out on new game, and then can arrow down to load save game, movies, options, and quit, I believe. I forget what the order is, but it should be explained in the manual.

2019-05-12 18:57:03

Can you use nnormal keys to select stuff?
Also, how much is the game? It sound good, but Smuggler's was... Meh. Not as good as I would have liked, not as accessable and some frustrateing bugs.

2019-05-12 20:30:43

I'm at a lost as to what you mean by "normal keys". As far as I know, you just use the arrow keys to navigate the menu selections, unless you would have bound them to something else.