2019-05-08 12:20:52

I would watch it now but I can't seem to. I'll try with a computer after school.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-05-08 12:27:22

Cool. Also, does the upload files.Io  link still work? It’s in post seven.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-05-08 12:50:27

I'm not sure, it said something like invalid when I clicked on it. Could something like dropbox be used?

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-05-08 12:54:09

I don’t really know how to use dropbox. I can ask my friend to have a look at it. Does the YouTube link work at least?  If it doesn’t, you can just use the Pontes media downloader to try and download it.

2019-05-08 14:28:37

If somebody who could access the link could please download it and then find a good place to host, it would be really appreciated. I have no idea how to use dropbox and my friend isn’t able to host it at this time.

2019-05-08 15:03:40 (edited by Donavin.Liebgott 2019-05-08 15:09:55)

Hi, here's the movie with audio description:
http://www.***/download/4663
And I've watched this several times, just makes me realize how bad apartheid really was.

2019-05-08 15:11:04

Thank you so much! I really appreciate you giving us that link. Dam! I’m excited!

2019-05-08 16:34:54

It appears as though the subtitles are not read.  That’s okay though.

2019-05-08 19:34:25

Yep, just as I thought. Are there even any subtitles on the actual film? Also, what do our non-South African friends think of it?

2019-05-08 19:46:56 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-05-08 19:50:37)

Can't watch it yet, will later. I have always been a little conflicted on sub titles with audio discription. For example in black panther, a moovie called earth, and the boy who harnessed the wind, they got annoying fast. Having some guy read off what they are saying in a sometimes robotic voice is.., no, I don't really like it in audio discription. It will be interesting with out them here.

2019-05-08 20:30:57

I know. It’s just called to have them there. Please post your opinions once you seen the movie? It would be awesome to hear them.

2019-05-08 21:34:52

BTW,  I like the guy who audio described the movie. What do you guys think? The way he pronounces the title is quite hilarious. I know he’s not South African. Fun fact, the only reason I watch Nelson Mandela documentaries is so that I can hear the documentarians  pronounce the names, places and words incorrectly. LOL!

2019-05-09 11:17:16

If there is a place where all the mispronunciations can be found, it is definitely in the audiobook of the long walk to freedom. I have linked it in one of these posts.  Imagine hearing an American trying to speak Afrikaans. That is exactly what you can find. LOL! No offence to anybody.

2019-05-09 11:43:34 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-05-09 11:44:34)

The moovie was good. How ever mandela's accent sounded,  off, and his voice sounded off two, maybe a little too cheesy. But that's just me, an americans thoughts.E

2019-05-09 12:13:27

The moovie it's self I loved. I also liked that they included the stick fighting thing.

2019-05-09 13:23:26

I like this stick fighting scenes.  I do wish that they did read the subtitles though. If you had to choose one favourite part of the film, which would it be?

2019-05-09 15:22:05

Speaking of Nelson Mandela, I have an interesting story to tell. Rewind to July 2013. I was around 10 years old, and my brother and I were going into a toy store to buy some video games. Near the entrance of the store, my brother had found the audiobook of Nelson Mandela‘s favourite African folktales. He then said to me: hey! If you buy this, you will get a free Nelson Mandela.  We began to laugh. It turns out that the, free Nelson Mandela, was actually a small toy that came with the audiobook. No, I didn’t buy it. Although I did buy the audiobook around a year later.

2019-05-09 16:34:43

Ah yes, I remember seeing that book around. African stories and tails are something I have read quite a few of, they are something every one can learn from. As for the best seen in the moovie, I really can't say.

2019-05-09 18:03:20

That book was okay. My favourite scene in the movie is where Gregory gives a chocolate to Mandela‘s wife.

2019-05-10 19:42:59

Apparently Morgan Freeman was supposed to star as Mandela in a Hollywood film directed by Clint Eastwood. Apparently that never came about. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

2019-05-10 20:18:22

That was one of the best south african films I have ever seen, after invictus of course. As for my favorite scene, it has to be the stick fighting scene. As for the unsubtitled words, I can't make everything out since the pronunciations of the achters are not that clear, but from what I can make out it is a warrier's challange and answer used by the traditional Zulu people.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2019-05-10 21:03:17

Thanks for that. Are you South African as well?

2019-05-10 21:05:39

Actually, never mind the last question.

2019-06-12 12:07:07

Sorry to bring this up again, I was just wondering if someone could help. I don’t want to create a whole Nother topic about this. Does anybody know if the long walk to freedom is audio described and on the movie vault? Also, just a small fact.  Apparently, this film is actually based off of a book that is not real. The book itself is real, but the story in the book isn’t. The deep in counters Gregory had with Mandela were, apparently, nothing but hallucinations. Scary when you actually think about it. Mandela said so himself. 90% of the things that happened in the movie between Mandela and Gregory were fake apparently.

2019-06-12 19:21:34 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-06-12 19:23:50)

I would also ask in the  blind mise tv shows topic. I actually read more about good bye bafana and found that out. And in mandelas book long walk to freedom he does mention him, but never most of the stuff that ever happened in good bye bafana, although he did seem to consider him one of the nicer prison guards of the time.