2019-05-06 12:05:11

Hi,
to be honnest, even if it bothered me in the first place, the machine like sounds do indeed give a colour to the game, like shadow line's oldschool sounds do. I really really like leafox's douns for example.
It surprised me as well, but I really ended liking those strange 8bit like manamons.
Regarding the other posts, my position is still very clear. I definitly enjoyed playing manamon. Update or not, it was one of the best audiogames I've seen so far, and it still is in my opinion.
Yes, I would gladly see a manamon II be released. Yes, I would love to play it, to discover what's beyond the see, or beyond the stars, depeending on which the autor choose to explore, but he never promissed such a thing, so I'll never start complaining about how much money I gave for that project only because there's no episode II. I paid not because I wanted to sign some kind of moral contract with the autor. I paid because the dev deserved it, and because such an amazing product deserves to be bought, not stolen. I remember I bought it even before finishing the demo, and I'll never regrete that decision.
So AAron, if you're still reading those posts, which would be really surprising (I'dd have given up like 20 pages before this one atleast), allow me to tell one single thing. Even if it's not obvious in everyone's point of view, the whole community is totally grateful for what you did with manamon. Keep it up if you wish to do so, and if you don't, thank you for everything you've allready done. You were part of the revolution I wrote about on this forum a few months ago, the revolution of audiogames, trying desperatly to publish something else than eternal clones of battlezone/redspot/random side scrollers. We all owe you one.

Best regard,
Simon

2019-05-07 15:01:45

If Manamon2 ever came out, it's going to be a 100 dollars. big_smile

2019-05-08 02:35:35

And I'll gladly pay for it. Of course it'd be  fare more expensive than a regular videogame, but considering the small amound of developpers that have released games that can be compared with manamon, it's worth the price.
The same goes if a potential bk IV was released.

Best regrd,
Simon

2019-06-06 14:48:40

Does anyone know where I can find a list of what elements are week or strong against other elements? I can't seem to figure out what is strong against what at lower levels.

2019-06-06 16:42:29 (edited by keithwipf1 2019-06-06 16:42:48)

Start menu/manamon/type effectiveness manual.txt

2019-09-04 19:18:04

Hey everyone!
It's been a while since last time I've posted here, but I have a question about registration.
I'm getting a New computer in a few days, and I'm wondering if I'll have to buy this game for the second time.
Is there a way I can get the full version on my New computer without buying again?

2019-09-04 20:15:57

If you have purchased this game and you have your key you can register this game on any computer. It dont have a registration system similar to gma games account or new games from draconis entertainment, where is limit for registered devices. But remember, that this game can check your key during receiving unknown gifts, or trading, so store this key for yourself. I have registered my own copy of manamon to 3 computers, and I didnt have any troubles with license

2019-09-05 02:09:32

If you haven't used the key on 5 computers you won't have to buy again

2019-09-05 20:37:00 (edited by Tristan04 2019-09-05 20:40:36)

Shit! I don't know my key. Haha
I bought the game, but I didn't save the key I got.

2019-09-05 23:56:44

Where did you get five as the magic number?

2019-09-08 19:15:18

Ok, new question.
I actually did find the key, but it didn't work. I included the right e-mail adresse and everything, so I don't know what's going on.

2019-09-09 00:03:16

@tristian04:
Did you type in the e-mail address and key manually, or did you paste it in? Could you private message me and I could try and help?

2019-09-09 00:33:34

That is because you do not tipe your email address, you tipe your name you used when purchasing.

2019-09-09 13:09:11

Oh wow, thanks so much, Nidza07!
So that's what I was doing wrong.
Got the game registrered fine, and everything works as it should.
Thanks again!

2019-09-17 23:06:38

I haven't read this topic in a long time, and I imagine most other people aren't either, but I've seen some posts in the last couple of pages that I find troubling. I've addressed part of this issue elsewhere, but I feel this needs saying.

Should Aaron have done a better job with Manamon overall? In my opinion, absolutely. And I don't think that's unreasonable; I'm not saying he should've rewritten the game, and I offered my own services free of charge many times to do this.
Was Aaron obliged to drop the price or make the game free? Absolutely not.
Let's be real. He's getting a trickle of money from this game, even now, without having to work on it. People still buy it from time to time, still comment on it, still like various parts of it. And so they should; the game is not completely awful, not by any stretch, and there are a lot of things done well, or reasonably well, here. It would be nice if, after three years and more, the price were to drop considerably, but Aaron has no good reason to do this.
For me, this overall picture means that I'm probably not going to support him anymore unless he really, really picks up the slack demonstrated in this release. For the rest of you, I hope it means that you think before you buy. But please, please don't make unreasonable demands. The game still did take time and effort, so you aren't just going to arbitrarily get it for free when the dev is tired of updating it. That's not fair and you shouldn't expect it.

For fun, I took the game for another spin just recently. Didn't find anything new, didn't really do anything new, except I found out that Junanchel is just not all that good. Nature Dance is brutal though (brutal in a good way). And while I still don't like Snowmonno's frailty in the Irroadium fight, it is very fast and hits very hard. Also learns Ice Tempest at a really high level, though by the time you get that move, you're probably committed to a physical set running Spirit Force, Frigid Touch, Aura Master and Snowball. I know I was. I keep forgetting how good (or not good) Mortrex is, stat-wise, but trading for it is a pain. Ditto Grizzlord, in particular. why not Lamgurk, you ask? Because Lamgurk's awful. lol

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-09-18 14:24:24

Hi,
besides, even if there are indeed things to correct in Manamon, considering the large large majority of bad games here, often games that shouldn'teven be called games, manamon appears as a major release to me. Do you really wish to compare that kind of work with.. tk, tbr, sb? Of course not. Because as unbalanced as it may be, it's still one of the few five games that do take more than 30 minutes for us to make a full playthrough. One of the rare audiogame with a scenario. Show me a better one and I'll gladly join you saying that many things could and should have been done, but in the mean time...

Best regard,
Simon

2019-09-18 16:37:57

Hi:
Is anyone interested in  helping me obtain a Grizlord? I really don't have the patience to train up a teddyburn to level 45; it's so slow in the beginning that training it can be a real pain, and I really want to see what it's like to play with Grizlord. I have no idea how to forward ports, by the way, so if anyone is interested in helping out there as well in order to facilitate the trade I would be grateful.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-09-18 19:53:22

tayo.bethel, check your private messages. I am able to trade. Let me know what time works best for you. I am in central time.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-09-18 22:12:18

AHC takes more than a half hour to play through. Anyway, I agree with Jade, always have and always will, because its the truth.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-09-19 00:18:31

Yep, AHC (even if the scenario is... what it isà, we've got two games including manamon. Shadow line, let's go for three, bk of course, four. and... well... I'm afraid we're done Nop nop, bk counts for two since the two last bk are clearly both long. So finally I was quite right wasn't I ? Five.

Best regard,
Simon

2019-09-19 01:40:29

Shades of Doom
BK2
BK3
Shadow Line
A Hero's Call
Paladin of the Sky
The Gate
Manamon
Entombed

These are the games with decent length that jump up and bite me. I'm certain I'm missing some. Bear in mind, of course, that length and quality are not the same thing. After all, some much shorter games actually are beasts to code (or can be), or have a crapton of replay value. As far as production value, I have a lot more respect for something like AHC, which went to great lengths to provide audio immersion, even voice acting, than I would for something like Manamon, which, while it has great music, decent sound design and plenty of length, doesn't really do anything revolutionary. A lot of its map mechanics, and even many of its sounds, are borrowed wholesale from a previous VG title, Paladin of the Sky. This is totally fine, BTW, as Paladin did the whole top-down navigation thing fairly well. Most of the music assets were not created in house, but were used or bought from outside sources (again, not a bad thing, there's some great music in this game). But again, attributing goodness with length is just silly.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-09-19 04:36:17

I think as of now, nothing can touch AHC. Not Manamon, or any other VGstorm title. The closest thing to it is The Vail, and it still has some catching up to do. And when that comes out, that will be another great quality game that takes time to defeat. Manamon is a great game as said, but you give it more credit than it deserves. Its outdated by today's standards. Well, not entirely true, but it still falls behind more modern offerings from Out of Sight, Matruesound, and fallingsquirrel. He did a good thing with manamon, then, even now, but as i said, the curtain must close on every show.
Fun Fact.
Manamon was the 1ST audiogame I truly enjoyed. I played duckblaster, Top speed etc, but when i 1ST played Manamon, i was so happy. I didnt want to stop. I was fresh out of the hospital after a sergery, and that is what i played. I couldn't even focus on my parents. That feeling is gone now.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-09-19 17:40:31

AHC is better than Manamon? In some aspects, maybe. In others though, it falls behind. Let's recap.
Replayability.
This is arguably AHC's weakest point. When you play through the game once, you've pretty much finished everything. There are some sidequests that you possibly could miss, but I dono, those add up to maybe 90 extra minutes. I speak from experience, I am the first one to my knowledge to finish the game. There is no point in trying most of the classes in AHC do to you having the party of a rogue, a priest, a ranger, and a mage. If you choose to double up in one of the classes you won't really learn anything new because you've already seen pretty much all the skills the class has to offer the first time through.
Manamon, on the other hand, contains a greater amount of things to try do to it having 158 creatures. Yes, Jayde, I know, most of them are broken, but you wouldn't know about that fact until you sit down and mess around with each of them. My point still stands: There's just more options when it comes to Manamon's replayability.
sound design.
I'm not even going to argue this one, AHC beats Manamon by a long shot.
Length.
It took me a lot longer to finish Manamon than AHC, and I think that fact is true for anyone.
Handholding.
The reason as to why it takes you less time to finish AHC is do to the sheer amount of help in the game (Beacons anyone?). Manamon, on the other hand, has very little handholding, and that's only when you begin playing. It goes away rather quickly.
So is AHC better than Manamon? I don't think so. Both games have good and  bad points about them, but I don't consider one superior to the other. Besides, you can't really compare the two do to the difference in the mechanics.

2019-09-19 21:56:14

Hi, I am still wondering what has changed as in the walk threw the portion about the box into the teleporter does not work and I am still stuck on how to get it into the teleporter.  If I follow the directions on the walk threw I always get into a mode where the box can not be moved further.  Anyone have any tips for me on this one?

2019-09-19 23:16:49

Heh if only there is a way for you to have a pegason right from the very start of the game or even a code so you can catch the pegason at the earliest part of the game before you rich the first stadium, I might going to do this game again.
I mean, what is the point of having a very strong manamon as a price if you will have to get it at the end of the game? You don't have much use of it anyway so its useless.