2019-05-05 08:04:08 (edited by ogomez92 2019-05-05 08:04:22)

@bran, Let me know if you need hosting for this, feel free to message @ogomez92 on telegram if you need it.

@43: I said what I said because, while the game may not be complete, it certainly looks complete in your recordings. I just worry that this might become one of those great games that is never released, like treasure hunt 2, perilous hearts, etc. The game is too good to pass up, even if the concept is simple and doesn't have 10000 lines of background story text. You make your games in a way that keeps you playing. Tons of achievements, ever changing world which gets harder as you play... I had never seen an audio game change so immediately and dynamically.
Take oh shit for example. With less than 50 sounds you are making a game that keeps the player on edge. I'm sure that Scramble will do just the same.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-05-05 08:11:19 (edited by ogomez92 2019-05-05 08:13:22)

I need a learn sounds menu. what is this alarm that keeps playing? etc

btw, with the current jump system, I can easily exploit this game. I can move around at 1000000 steps per second (you know what I mean) and keep getting coins and powerups.

2019-05-05 09:21:04

well yet i didn't downloaded latest version, but i think will cool if you add updater system.
Also in my oppinion branble and scramble have some things whitch it looks like each other, but scramble have more different things than branble so both of it are good. Hmm i didn't play scramble but i listened in liam's streams it and i really like it.

Yours kindly

2019-05-05 09:42:48 (edited by musicalman 2019-05-05 09:43:08)

@52 I think you're meant to do that, or at least, it's not illegal or anything. It just adds another layer of pacing to the game.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-05-05 12:37:31

I'm one of the people who thinks some of the power up sounds should probably be changed. Some of them just have so many garbled effects and other crap it's really hard to hear what they are, specially in game. The power up thing is also something i've been mentioning for the past few weeks, although I guess this scoreboard system kind of fixes that a little. Still it's annoying how so many of them tend to have more neggative effects.
Btw, @ironcross, I'm curious why you wouldn't play something just because it's coded in bgt? Bgt it's self isn't a bad language, granted i'm switching to python myself but still, it's a pretty stupid reason not to play a game. The lack of diaganal steps is annoying though, and more of a bgt issue than anything, one of the cool things about python and pygame is that stuff like that is sort of just built in.

2019-05-05 13:21:34 (edited by ogomez92 2019-05-05 13:26:27)

Hi

The lack of diaganal steps is annoying though, and more of a bgt issue than anything, one of the cool things about python and pygame is that stuff like that is sort of just built in.

Diagonal steps are not built into python or pygame. They are coded by the developer. They are in crazy party in fact, and its a bgt game.
In brandle, all they would have to do is detect if a forward facing directional key is pressed at the same time as a side directional key (up right, down left, and so on), and move the player accordingly. Python and Pygame do not affect this.
Its just a more modern way of walking in an audio game which  has to be implemented by the developer. It is only slightly more complex than normal 1 direction walking.

P.s: I do enjoy this kind of walking more than real 3d walking, tbh. Turning around to face something and 3d sound isn't really my favourite. I love games like bramble, great toy robbery, danger on the wheel, etc because movement is simplified and doesn't leave you wondering where the hell you are going at any given point.

2019-05-05 15:01:21

I know this is off-topic, but I've heard multiple posters bring a game made by Carter called Ah Hell and that it got discontinued. Is there any release/playthrough of this game? And @Bran that's a nice looking update, except for the scoreboards which seem to be completely broken at the moment unless I missed something.

2019-05-05 15:06:16

yeah scoreboard is completely and repeating completely broken if you will enter there in game window nothing can do you must exit from there with task manager.

Yours kindly

2019-05-05 15:17:51

what does portable hamer do exactly
smashing enemies, anything else?

2019-05-05 15:56:38

Any game where you can die by being lit on fire in Sediment's giant bong is a game worth playing IMHO.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2019-05-05 15:58:20 (edited by RemusLupin 2019-05-05 15:59:59)

hey audiogame, i find bug:
when you are pausing the game, you can hear item sounds still. So not only items ambionce.
also when tank killed me, you still can hear tank's sound. I hate two things in this game: map crusher and this tank it can kill me just in 2 hit.

Yours kindly

2019-05-05 16:34:09

I can't grab the latest version, it's saying the link has been turned off, and this includes the dropbox version.

2019-05-05 16:57:04 (edited by RemusLupin 2019-05-05 16:58:51)

erm what's going on. I upload it but still error 429. O end has came. Sorry i can't host it dropbox why did you do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Yours kindly

2019-05-05 17:52:06

@63 you have obviously exceeded your allowed bandwidth, you might consider Google Drive, One Drive or Mega as better alternatives.

2019-05-05 18:01:11

@Orial yeah, I personally feel like that's my niche in terms of game development, to make games like that which prove that games don't have to be super complicated to be fun. I made Oh Shit and am making Scramble because they are games I enjoy playing. Also funny you bring up the game seeming done, it's not necessarily but I was just going over the design stage of mode number 7 and possibly 8 which I think people will find a lot of fun. Just finished typing up the outline for it a bit ago. So we're not there yet, but it is definitely not abandoned. I just needed to take a 3 to 4 week break from coding because I didn't want burnout.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-05-05 19:31:55

That's the thing Stevo, and I really don't say this to stop you from making as many modes as you want. But the way I see this is the following: You're always making new game modes because you are not satisfied with the game, so it keeps going and going and the game is not released. I don't know if you can see what I mean?
I really like how much effort youi're putting into it however, so by all means keep working on it and I will be one of the first to buy it smile

2019-05-05 19:40:07

@55 Defender nukes BGT shit as soon as it hits the system, or as soon as a .bgt script is compiled, the executable is nuked. I don't feel like setting up exclusions, and for a dying / dead language, it's not worth the trouble to do so.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-05 20:12:52

aa, gonna be paied, sad dont have money to afford it rofl

2019-05-05 21:18:53

what is this scramble and where do i get it from?

f.a.t.h.e.r

2019-05-05 22:21:14

@Orial no, I've known I wanted to add the modes I've wanted to add since the game's conception, with the exception of the er... minigame, and insanity mode. The showdown mode has always been planned, though I never took the time to sit down and say "look. What exactly, are we doing in this mode?", and then mode 8 is a cheat mode. The only other mode I can think of implementing is an enhanced version of the minigame, but that's just a slight maybe, and other than that I'm about done. I actually have other game ideas I want to start working on once Scramble is completed, so I'd rather not dilly dally on this one too much. It has main end goals with some minor deviations throughout the process.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2019-05-05 22:55:50

Hi.

There seams to be a bug with the pause menu.

When you pause and unpause the game, the pause music keeps playing instead of the normal game ambiance.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-05-06 07:12:42

@68 don't worry. If the game is as good as it sounds, I will most likely be streaming a ncouple of Scramble giveaways in honor of my  good old online radio  gaming days big_smile I'm not a fancy youtube streamer like others here though. I just do it for fun

2019-05-06 08:29:16

The Dwarfer wrote:

@Orial no, I've known I wanted to add the modes I've wanted to add since the game's conception, with the exception of the er... minigame, and insanity mode. The showdown mode has always been planned, though I never took the time to sit down and say "look. What exactly, are we doing in this mode?", and then mode 8 is a cheat mode. The only other mode I can think of implementing is an enhanced version of the minigame, but that's just a slight maybe, and other than that I'm about done. I actually have other game ideas I want to start working on once Scramble is completed, so I'd rather not dilly dally on this one too much. It has main end goals with some minor deviations throughout the process.

Just curious, have you spoken before about the modes you've planned? If so I missed it, but this conversation kinda sounds like you have. In any case, multiple modes are exciting for me. I don't see them as an "I'm not satisfied" type of thing, it's more a case of playing with things and seeing how many unique variations and dynamics can be gotten out of a set of concepts.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-05-07 00:45:07

I agree with you Musicalman. Also yes, I drew up a very tentative outline at the beginning of the project. That has actually kind of been the pattern of this game's development; I draw up a base outline, think on it, begin implementation and experimentation, and change the outline a little bit. So while I knew I wanted to add showdown, and that it would entail the destruction of the cannons and or throwers, I didn't have a completely concrete plan, just the stuff I'd written in the base outline. So the other day, I decided to sit down, and seriously think: what can I do to make this mode fun, different, and offer something that none of the other modes offer? See we have normal which is conventional, rigged which is a bit more difficult, insanity which is a kind of bonus mode based on a powerup in rigged, flat scramble which is without platform, survival which is not only rigged, but rigged with no health increases and just enough health to be considered alive, and of course the minigame... so what can showdown do that is different? And that's what I've been doing. Ultimately I'm very satisfied with what I've done, I just want to do as much as I can to make the player experience a good one, and not only have fun myself, but make the players feel their money spent was not on some half ass rigged together clunker. But also, there is an end goal I want to reach, and I'm doing what needs to be done to get there, if only watering the plants on the side of the trail to make the place a bit more interesting. Scramble is still what I've always wanted it to be, but evolution and deviation... those make things more interesting and unique. Tell me one big project that has stuck fast with no deviations, to draft 1 of its initial design plan. Ruff, first day of brainstorming, draft 1 that is.

2019-05-08 19:13:37

Hi.I have v2.5 or whatever the latest official version is. I can start the program and see all the menu options, but, when I press enter on any of them, the game just freezes and I have to close it with task manager. So, for now, I can't seem to play.