2019-05-06 00:06:44

Hey!
This thing seems to be extremely powerful, however it is bloated, and some things are harder than with the standart libraries. However I am kinda impressed
https://www.chilkatsoft.com/

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-05-06 01:17:42 (edited by Ethin 2019-05-06 01:18:21)

Poking at this I immediately dislike their licensing terms, which makes me hesitant to use it. (Their license agreement also appears to be unavailable too.) For the "license-required" classes the lowest price you have to pay is $289.00. I don't really see what this offers other than a uniform API over multiple libraries that already exist and that are fully open source. The idea and concept is awesome, but their licensing isn't very reasonable.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-05-06 01:20:32

Yeah, I thought the same, but on the other hand, you get some specific APIs wrapped up. Licence is availabled in every package you download from their site. I am writing a test application to compare performance with the standart .NET libraries.
I know, I am probably doing millions of things wrong. Correct me if you see anything.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-05-06 14:03:05

I've already used them about 10 years ago. They once were pretty well advanced due to open source not being such a well-known and popular thing, but most of their stuff should be accomplishable by open source or at least cheaper third-party packages too.
Best Regards.
Hijacker