2019-04-22 08:39:59

Okay, here's one I ran into while having a poke around the internet the other day.

https://morpheox.github.io/Kraft/

The basic idea is  like Night commander as an incremental game, or kittens game without the kittens, rock hard difficulty and problematic interface.

Like space company, there are several different tabs buildings, jobs, crafting military (latest version of NvdA with the tab fix is helpful here). Under the tabs to switch are amounts of resources with timers to percentage full etc, then under that are the units to buy.

The mildly inconvenient bit is to get unit descriptions and costs you need to mouseover the unit names, so with NvdA hit NvdA a numbpad slash to move the mouse to the unit your on.
However the good part is then the mouseover text appears just under the unit, so you don't need to wander the hole screen to find the info and comparing different unit prices etc isn't too hard. Another nice thing is that when you mouseover on a unit you get the current amounts of resources repeated, EG it might say "fountain, wood 132 - /00, stone - 120 / 120, with the affects of the unit listed at the end.

It gets very frequent updates, and there are lots of things to build and research, plus resources which affect each  other's production, which is always interesting, EG you can't just magically smelt iron from no where, you need minerals. Plus, it has a crafting aspect with the need to build things like blocks and planks out of basic resources, rather than  say waiting until you have enough wood to build that barn.

there is even something of a mild military aspect, where you can build weaponry, equip soldiers  send them out on expeditions to capture land and resources.

the only downer for me, is that the text  descriptions of the units are purely utilitarian, and only tell you what they do in terms of production, not so much what they are, which makes unlocking new stuf not as interesting as it might be, especially when compared to something like space company or indeed Kittens game, still for people  enjoy the building this might be a good one.

The game is entirely free, though you can donate if you wish. Oh, and it'd be very cool if connor could update [this very awesome incremental games list which he made  with this one, kittens game and maybe trimps too.

enjoy!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-22 10:52:40

Please, where to find tab fix?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2019-04-22 16:07:21

There isn't a "tab fix" you can find, its just the latest version of Nvda that has had a fix to the way  it handles tabs which makes interfaces like this one and that in space company a bit easier, since it no longer keeps changing focus out of browse mode when you use the tab key to go between tabs on the same webpage.

all of the actual elements, different buildings etc are still just clickable hotspots so the only way of finding them is going down the page with your arrows.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-22 16:13:46

OK, but those tables are littlebid strange. There are tables with informations about each source.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2019-04-22 16:35:03

Its more a list than a table.
First, you have the tabs to change resources, build, jobs, technology, crafting etc.
Then you have a list of resources with the name, the current and max amount, then any percentage bonuses you get to production.

If you hit t for table under that you can go straight to the list  technology,  or whatever and just arrow down until you get the one you want.
It would be a wee bit easier if you could have the prices and descriptions displayed there on the main page without needing NVdA numbpad slash, but at least once you do that you just have to press down arrow to read the costs etc.

2019-04-22 19:50:06

The laptop key for numbpad slash is NVDA shift M by the way.

2019-05-04 23:27:56

This has killed a bunch of my time. Has anyone reached out to the dev? A couple of tiny changes would go a long way.

2019-05-05 08:34:20

Not as yet, but the dev does seem to be quite active so  could be a good idea, especially as far as page headings goes.

2019-05-05 09:47:52

Also, as far as I can tell, the on/off toggles are not labeled. I'm trying to think of another way to do the tooltips as well though the current method mostly works.

2019-05-05 10:31:51

The tooltips in keepcraft aren't as bad as those in Trimps or kittens game, since at least they appear under the thing your actually looking at, so its just a matter of mouseover and then hitting down arrow rather than wandering the top of the screen.

For me, the toggles are less of an issue since you can always tell from production values when something is working and when it isn't. The big acceess fix I would like to see are some easier ways to skip between bits of the page, since right now finding stuff to build/recruit  in long list is a bit time consuming, especially if you want to check your current resource rate to see how many of a given thing you can buy, particularly since there aren't any easy buttons as in space company.

2020-02-02 03:18:04

Does anyone know if this is still being worked on. The changelog has entries, but no dates.

Who am I? Simply me!