2019-05-04 20:20:47

Link is down, sadly.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-05-04 20:29:48

People have had the opportunity to see what Scramble is like from the various live streams done on it. It just seems like an attempt to undercut Scramble, getting a similar title out there before Scramble itself was released.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-04 20:31:23

want to try this, but both links I se up here are broken

2019-05-04 20:31:41

well he could have released scramble at any time. couldn't he? it's not audio game's fault if he chooses to release his game first.

2019-05-04 20:35:57

Post 11 has already put a link for it.
I like the game despite the few bugs here and there, but did any of you find tanks somewhat overpowered? And how many shots does it require to kill them.
A bug I wanted to report is that the music volume settings always get reset when pausing then resuming the game, so I hope that gets fixed soon, as well as the tank loop sound not stopping when you get killed by it unless you return to the main menu. I also wished there was a learn game sounds option, though I must admit all sounds are now familiar to me after a dozen or so playthroughs.

2019-05-04 20:37:12

Hello there. So yeah. Since the firefox link no longer works, here's the one simter hosted. http://www.sdj-productions.tk/misc/

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-05-04 20:50:22 (edited by audiogame 2019-05-04 20:54:43)

I just updated the link in post 1. Thanks post 11. Also, riad, thanks for the music setting thing. I fixed  that in the new version.
Now, post 24. There is a very tiny corner of this community that has indeed played scranble. It's called beta testing. And let me point it out to you, that scramble's, uh, existance, has been shown off like 333 times since november of last year. Like seriously, I'm not trying to take the place of steve. His and mine are two different things. They are different languages. He has modes, I don't. Etc Etc. So yeah. Scramble could have made an appearance before now and it hasn't. Not my fault I'm going to wait until after scramble is released to release my take on it. Don't forget oh shit, aw hell, and aw damn it. Just don't.

-

2019-05-04 21:48:17

So, just checked this shit out and not gunna lie here, I love it. The way I see this is the following. Scramble, while I've heard the various streams of it, has a lot going on. This, does also. Both have some of the same concepts, but different powerups, and let's not forget, that Scramble, has latters that you go up and down to collect shit if I remember correctly, remember, I'm not a beta tester so I can only say from what I've listened to the podcasts and streams. This, does not. Both games have a lot of potential here and wanting you to see what you're able to do with this. Keep up the good work. I am indeed looking forward to the release of scramble as well so there you go.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2019-05-04 21:52:01 (edited by ogomez92 2019-05-04 21:57:21)

I will have to agree with post 33... It's ok to create some hype about an upcoming game, but it's been more than 5 months since the first scramble appearances, and since the first recording he has been saying it would take some time but not too long for the game to be released. Hell, same thing can be said about rhythm rage for the mac. I've done exactly the same thing. But I don't blame this guy for coming up with his own take on the game and having the balls to post it online, just like I can't and won't stop anyone from making a danger on the wheel with coins instead of cones, as long as you didn't blatently copy my source.

Cheers.

2019-05-04 22:04:20

Hi.

Well, something that buggs me even before I start the game.
The powerup text file says.

superfast: This lovely powerup like speeds things up and like does some other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

You can't remember? You, the developer who probably wrote this file can't remember what hhis own source code for this powerup does? Sorry, but this is everything else than professional in my opinion, why do these things keep happening? Almost every change log or readme file has these things these days.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-05-04 22:11:52

Did I ever say it was a professional game? If so, then please, point that out to me.

-

2019-05-04 22:13:50

therei is a difference between the game beeing proffessional and or it's manual. The game it self is good, at leased what I can say after playing it for around 5 minutes and getting the sounds down, but come on, a readme, manual or what ever assistive file should give an overview on what the product is about, how it works and all that stuff.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-05-04 22:16:47

but it does. It says, it speeds things up. Sure, that could mean a bunch of things, but yeah, it gives a general idea.

-

2019-05-04 22:18:10

Hey come on give the guy a break. I mean just go and find out what the powerup does for yourself. big_smile

I'm impressed, it's not a bad game. I thought it would be a scramble wannabe, but it's actually different. I like it.

2019-05-04 22:24:50

One thing to add though, at the end of a game it would be a good idea to stop the ambiance sound. I got killed by a tank and the thing kept on drowning out the speach, at leased for me.

As others have probably said, a learn game sounds menu would be a good idea, I didn't really know what the map crusher or anything else sounded really.

Do the power ups or rather power downs actually bring in points when you collect them next to their good or harmfull effects? If so, for the most players will not care for those items due to that most of them bring harmfull effects anyway.
Personally, I would go and either put in some more good items to balance everything out, or, when you collect certain items, award bonus points for collecting coins during the item runtime.

I am pritty happy with my first game, scored around 7k points I think.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-05-04 22:28:15

Oh and while we are at it, is there a way to look at your achievments again? Couldn't find an option for that in the main menu or the status display, so if it's not implemented, it would be a good idea for those who want to look at those again.

Would be an awesome game for mobile plattforms.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-05-04 22:31:16

Items do give, points. They don't bring them to you, they give you them directly, not from the map.
Learn sounds menu is in the works for the next build.
And, nice score for a first game.

-

2019-05-04 22:31:22 (edited by The Dwarfer 2019-05-04 22:38:13)

And guys, I'll clarify once again that I have no problem what soever with him creating a game similar to Scramble. I've played it and heard demos now and I can definitively state that aside from a couple things with the same names, the fact that you move around and can jump, the fact that you get items, and the fact that there are powerups, the concepts differ from there. I won't even include achievements and stats in that list since every arcade audio game and its mom has those features implemented. I have no problem with the game play. I have no problem that it was released now because Sediment's right - technically, he heard my game idea and decided to release something inspired by it, when he felt it was ready to release. Orial was valid in his concern that I haven't been working on Scramble, because I have given no release date and I haven't told anyone aside from my testers and friends how close to completion it is, so that's all he has to go on. So yeah, I figured I'd get those things out of the way.
As for the name thing, here's why I have a problem with it, and I hope it will clear things up.

Someone brought up ah hell and ah damn it. Yes. Those are both crazy party themed arcade titles with obviously similarly themed names as oh shit. However, Sam and Carter created them, both asking... "Hey dude. I know that you just released Oh Shit... and I was wondering if I could make a game called (game name), or would that bother you?" I told them yes they could, and we were all going to create a package with all three of those games and make it kind of a collab sort of thing. We didn't though because Carter said oh hell to ah hell, and quit working on it. big_smile Sam released his though.
But here's another thing about those games. Oh Shit, Ah Damn It, and Ah Hell, those were also 3 similarly themed but differently featured games whose goal was to pis off the player as much as possible. That's why I called it Oh Shit in the first place.
However, Scramble? That was called as such because of my original vision of the game - scramble to get as many items and avoid as much as possible before the pit swallows you whole. Fight against an ever decreasing amount of time to scramble... and get the highest score possible.
But Branble did even less to conceal its similarity and obvious taking-after of Scramble than ah hell and ah damn it did of Oh Shit. All he did was replace a few letters in the game name. Just take the SC, turn it into BR, and take the M and it becomes an N. There ya go. The name is a complete rip on the name Scramble. And to circle back and tie these together,  the oh (or ah) swear trilogy of games had sufficiently different names, rather than Branble vs. Scramble, wherein Branble looks like "Bran's Scramble."
I hope I've made that point clear, and not confusing... believe me I tried. big_smile

So you see, it's not one of those "illegal" things to do. It's technically not stealing. It's just one of those low, kind of slimy things that personally, my morals would prevent me from doing. I won't argue that it be changed on my demand or claim rights to the game name like I have some kind of patent for it, but as an equal forum user on a level playingfield I will come forth and express my displeasure. That's all. And because that's all I came here to do, I will not hijack this game's topic any further with this issue, as I believe I have reasonably said what needed saying. I know that game topics with drama and or flamewars are extremely unattractive to potential viewers, so I will not be the one to boot one up here over a minor issue. I'm not just "ducking out" of an argument as it were, - if Bran or someone else has a different take on this I'd be happy to listen and agree/disagree with it, I'm just saying I won't keep bringing it up as an issue.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-05-04 22:32:57

One more thing I'd like to see is for powerups like the anti gravity to stop after some time. Because when you get that powerup, you literally can't jump anymore without losing health, and from what I've observed, it never wears off until you die.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-05-04 22:36:02

Thank you 43. I understand, but I do want to mention that as it stands, branble was supposed to be a concept similar to that of scramble, so what I'm saying is that without the game name being what it is, branble, the game wouldn't be where it is. And I personally respect my game name ideas :d.

-

2019-05-04 22:39:29

Oh don't get me wrong dude, I respect your game names and game creations as well. You didn't steal my code or anything big_smile and I do appreciate that you gave me credit for the inspiration, because I know you didn't necessarily have to do that.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-05-05 00:19:27

Yeah I don't see it as stealing or anything like that either, it's kind of one of those ahhh... did he really? moments, but then just move on from it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-05 01:59:01

Hey there. I just released a new version, fixing a few of the bugs. The sounds learning menu didn't show up yet, because I wanted to get these bugs fixed, but yep.
Once again, someone is allowed to host this, just make sure to give me the link so I can update the posts with them.
https://send.firefox.com/download/36cd2 … 1qEoVLF4HA
have fun

-

2019-05-05 05:33:30

when I clicking on a link it said this link has expire
could you upload on another place like dropbox or google drive so someone can host for you else where

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2019-05-05 07:56:36 (edited by musicalman 2019-05-05 08:00:30)

I'd host on my Google Drive, but since updates are made frequently, I don't think that is the best option.
As for the game itself, I tried it and I really like it, though I'm not at all very good at it, and I haven't yet seen all the power-ups and hazards smile. But I have a few suggestions:
1. Sometimes I have no idea what power-up I collected, and other times I collect one that doesn't seem to be documented, but there are so many I can't keep them strait in my head. A learn game sounds option might alleviate this, so I'm glad you're working on that.
I suggest though that it contains some of the less-often heard sounds. But if you don't want that, you could make it so that menu items are unlocked after certain things have happend in-game. For instance, you check learn game sounds to familiarize yourself with everything, but when you play, you get a power-up you've never heard before, or anything else really, and it's making all these sounds you didn't get a chance to prepare for. Well, you gotta panic and fight your way through as best you can. If after two or three meet-ins, you're still stuck on what's going on and would like some help, the learn game sounds menu may get those items in it. It's kind of a reward for fighting through things and getting used to them, ya know? Just a thought.

2. I personally don't have an issue with the name, since credit was given to Scrambled for inspiring the idea. Borrowing from the name before release though is undermining in a sense, but we all have our own standards for that sort of thing. To some people, a name is just a few characters, to others it is important enough to deserve legal protection, and of course it depends on context and personal circumstances too.
I'm of the belief that while you can't please everyone, you should listen to as many people as you can, within reason of course. I believe the name has been enough to turn people away, which is a shame because this game is pretty fun for me, and I'd hate for its name alone to be responsible for reducing the player bass. Given the amount of clone drama that's been going on, I can see how simple name borrowing can be taken wrong.

3. As much as this isn't a professional game, I still believe the documentation is lackluster. It doesn't have to look like a college thesis, but it does need to show that you put some effort into organizing and presenting the information, and I don't see that really. There are too many small sections that tell you to look at other sections or documents. That's my biggest issue with it. Comments such as "I can't remember what this does" generally don't look good when they're written by a developer. The game itself is pretty cool, far cooler than I would've expected actually (though I am easily impressed), and it needs a cooler readme. I'd be interested in cleaning it up if you want.

Well, that's all I got. Hope this continues being developed! BTW I'm still super excited for Scrambled, so yeah this is not gonna replace it for me.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.