2019-03-31 12:44:13

I face a same problem too. it's still useless how much of them I killed, they arrived faster than I could kill in 10 days

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2019-03-31 13:13:54

I am truly glad the game has replay value.  Similar to most resource management games, time and timing are important factors.  The players on stressful difficulty will know the 3 methods of attacking th the outlaws. 1 upgrades from the merchant, 2 pay the greedy mercenaries, 3 go at them all out in the hills.  If you defeat them they go away, if you leave it too long they will gain the balance of power.  Time is against you with so many threats to deal with.  On the other hand if you get a friendly dragon, one of them will go after the outlaws for you.  You can watch on the northern road for advance warning of the dragon colour, and adjust your strategy to the dragon colour.  You will need the dragon lore book from the merchant though.  So if you get the right coloured dragon, you will need lots of food production.  Another strategy is to realize the wolves have 4 ways of being defeated, and the outlaws only 3.  For the wolves: 1 upgrades from the merchant, 2 pay the king, 3 direct attacks in the forest, 4 fish for rubies, and purchase wolfbane  poison.  It suggests that defeating the outlaws should be done ahead of the wolves and done as quickly as possible.  One idea is to delay building the kings house, but if you get the forester and the stone carver rocking up early in the game, perhaps the house reward is actually the fastest way of quick money.  I deliberately did not put save slots into the game, but I am now undecided on this, probably because I suffer the same as the players posting above.  There is a growing band of players who have defeated the game on stressful difficulty and I am encouraging posts here on how they achieved success.  In hindsight, the variable associated with adding outlaws could be a little bit lower, but I am not changing it now, as this would be unfair on those who have fought so hard to beat the game as it stands.  And beat it you shall.  Good job I did not put in panic difficulty or terrifying, smiles.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2019-03-31 23:41:18

HI,
at first I did leave them alone a bit. Focused on getting my resources up before dragon came. In this instance I got a red dragon and took care of that as quickly as possible. then focused on wolves. used bane from merchant did help. seemed to me though I also had max on area with outlaws as well as the wolves. i do have all equipment I can get from merchant for guards and lookouts and villlagers on the outlaw areas. but they seem to only attack about twice per 10 days. so I kill a couple when they attack. my villagers go out and try to find some and maybe kill on average 3 per day. some days they don't even find any. i do utilize the thugs from greeedy city every chance i can send them out. They usually bring back between 9 and 11 heads. and I do keep a max of 10 villagers on the land with outlaws. One gets killed or lost I replace right away. In fact most days are jus the same. make sure I have 10 villagers out there. Party sent to greedy city. And yet I get far more arriving than I have killed.

Don't mean it to sound like I am complaining. Just saying what I am seeing. Will keep on plugging away. if others have beat it then it is possible. I just need to find out what that strategy is. Persistance will pay off I say. LOL.

Shermanator

2019-04-01 19:05:37

exactly what I've been doing, Shermanator. I even put extra 5 villagers to make them come back faster, but the outlaws increase more than I can kill them lol

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2019-04-02 01:32:38

guys that are having issues with the outlaws as I did, you must read rocky's most recent post. I pretty much figured that out, that I defeated the village threats in the wrong order. so sdaly the outlaws have grew to a number where they can't be defeated, so you will have to restart your game over, and basically kill all outlaws first, while at the same time fending off wolves, maintaining the dragon, and of course keeping your food supply stocked. hey the difficulty is called stressful for a reason lol

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2019-05-04 20:43:40

I just came across this game about a week ago, and so far I'm enjoying it. There is one small odd thing I would like to bring to the developer's attention. I can enter the number of workers to assign to a job using the numpad numbers, but I can't hit the numpad enter to get the assignment implemented, I must use the regular enter key to finish off the assignment. Any chance of getting this little problem corrected? Thanks, and looking forward to any future updates this game might have.

AKA president731

2019-05-04 21:35:35

jsymes, thankyou, I am always happy with feedback.  Yes I can see I overlooked the numbpad enter key.  In fact I guess I have overlooked this in every single piece of software I hav released.  I will look at this for future updates.  Technically speaking it must be a different key, smiles.  On the plus side, the numpad numbers work fine and folks are still finding this little game intriguing 6 months after release.  Just as an aside, I beat the game on stressful for the first time 2 weeks ago, may I suggest making hay while the sun shines is a smart move.Anyone who does beat the game on stressful fully deserves a fre copy.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk