2019-05-04 10:24:02 (edited by audiogame 2019-05-25 23:47:59)

Hey there folks.
So some of you guys have heard anyaudio recordings of this game thing called branble. Well, here it finally is.
First, I will begin by saying that this game is buggy. There are undoubtedly some flies flying about that I haven't squashed about.
But with that out of the way, branble is a similar game to scramble. The similarities are not really noticeable, especially with this version, and the advancements ever since the other versions, considering that the game just branched out to many things, but yeah. You run around, get coin things, and avoid different things trying to kill you. Information is in the readme. The link to download the game will stay up for seven days, or, 100 downloads, I will have someone else host for me at some point so I can post a more permenant link for you all, but this'll do for now. I'll renew the link next week.
I hope you enjoy branble. As always, post feedback and suggestions and I'll try to listen to them. Thanks much.
You can download it here: https://www.stormsrath.jc-hosting.me/branble.html
Bran, ble. Pun, definitely intended.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-05-04 10:40:08

Gonna try it out right now.

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2019-05-04 10:54:56

try it out thank you bro by by die die lol

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-05-04 11:25:32

@1
hi. just sent you a pm.

Have a lovely day.

2019-05-04 11:26:59

hey audiogame,
thank you for a cool game!

2019-05-04 11:34:05

Hey there. There's two applications here. What should I run? Is it branble.exe? Or, the other one? Thanks for the answer. smile

Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with lies

2019-05-04 12:04:00

you must run bramble.exe
and thanks for cool game.
Btw scoreboard sistem have bug: scores are in different places so i mean in first places need more points, and there is 400 points guy. Then is coming 6k guy, etc but in last splace is 43 points guy. Oh bro if you understand me, bravo.

Yours kindly

2019-05-04 13:08:15

Hi, whenever I enter a menu with music in it, I get an error stating that menu music could not be set. I don't know if I'm the only one who gets this, but if I'm not,please fix it.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-05-04 13:17:58

Yes, you are one of the only few people who does. This is a very common mPro problem. The game stores music volume in the registry.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-05-04 13:43:06

After playing for a bit, I have some good and bad points.
Since scramble isn't released yet, I can't really compare the too. But this is actually quite fun to play. There are a few things that would be nice to have though:
- A learn sounds menu to figure out what all the different things are. There are quite a few objects that you can call into being with powerups, and it would be cool to know how they sound like.
- Use synthisized voice or get rid of the more theatrical effects on the item pickup announcements, because more often than not you don't hear what you've found.
- Shorten the announcements, because they tend to overlap which causes confusion. To be honest though, things like cannon spawns, powerup spawns, or enemy spawns shouldn't have to be announced, since they're fixed processes that always happen at speciffic times.
- Sort the scores by point rankings!
- Give the time bomb powerup a name!
There are also some bugs, and I fail to see how your testers could have overlooked those.
For one, you can get trapped in walls if you jump into them, which means you have to take a step out of the wall before you can move freely again. When you pause and unpause the game, the ambience stops playing. Furthermore, when leaving the statistics display, the window title doesn't change back, and always says "statistics display" until you close it.
To conclude, this is pretty good for a first release build. It could just use some polishing.

2019-05-04 14:25:34

Hi brandon. This game is cool. I played it for a while now and will do it again after posting this. But first, if your host runs out, just use this link: http://www.sdj-productions.tk/misc/bran … lease.zip.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-05-04 15:02:25

i like the sound of this but the music is deafening, and drowns everything out at least for me. is this common?

2019-05-04 15:08:29

@12 the music can be turned down with page up/down, if you don't have the problem I have wherein it resets to the default every time a new menu opens.

2019-05-04 16:41:04

Hello guys.
Let's reply to some posts.
@4: Thanks for the offer, but someone kind of did it already. Thanks simter btw.
@7: Yeah, I know about the scoreboard bug, I am looking into that one.
@8: I'll have to make the music save somewhere else.
@10: I really appreciate this feedback and will look into it.
Also, that is not a wall. I notice I forgot to put that in the documentation. If you reach the min or max coordinates of the map, you'll hear that thumping noise to let you know in case someone's running away from something and doesn't jump in place:d.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll document that.
@11: Thanks for that.
But yep, thanks guys for the feedback, I'll be looking into some of these things.

-

2019-05-04 17:04:03

hey in scoreboard menu, can you ad something like this: pozition 1: playername and if you press enter  you can coppy this score to your clipboard.
Also idk if you find it but still, in scoreboard menu i pressd enter in one score and game exited.

Yours kindly

2019-05-04 17:13:15

i'm sorry for double post:
will good if you will add how many days this score will remane in scoreboard.

Yours kindly

2019-05-04 17:38:35 (edited by The Dwarfer 2019-05-04 17:45:42)

I will start off by saying that from the recordings/demos, I've actually quite liked this concept. In fact, my next podcast will probably be a side-by-side comparison of Bramble and Scramble, to see how they differ / are similar, etc.
However, and this is the only part that slightly bugs me: the name. A bramble is a thorny shrub or vine. This game does not have anything to do with navigating, removing, or otherwise dealing with harsh vegetation. It is therefore obvious to me that the name Bramble is an obvious rip on the name Scramble... and that does bother me a bit because it's like "Oh... know that game Scramble? Let's make a similar game to it (but not too similar...), oh and let's call it... Bramble! Mwahahahaha!"
-So I could make a zombie shooter with several differences, and call it Stwamp since I'm Stevo and it's like Swamp.
-Or a PVP called Red Square, only that it doesn't have claymores or bullet bombs and there are AI enemies on the map and bases are more than 1 tile wide on the map and... oh yeah we use metal to build them.
-Or an arcade crazy party type called oh damn, but where mosquitoes actually fly and dive bomb you. Come on Sam, why do mosquitoes walk on the ground anyway? big_smile
-Or how about an rpg called Echos of Stevia? Sorry, I just had to.
big_smile I'm not actually mad you guys. I'm not claiming that Bramble is copying off of my ideas. In fact, I'm glad that my idea has sparked hopefully another type of game or rather an augmentation on another that could perhaps be a little better. I'm still going to release Scramble as planned. Bran did not take my source code or my game name fully, so it's all good. Most of that above was humor, though it did illustrate why I am at least a little bothered with the name choice because it's so blatantly obvious. Come on, everyone can tell it is.
[edit: I may be corrected in terms of the game name - it could be Branble or Bramble, I've seen it referred to as both and Bramble was the name used by sediment and others who demonstrated it on Any Audio over the past few weeks. That's why I've assumed it is called Bramble.]

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-05-04 18:03:59 (edited by The Dwarfer 2019-05-04 18:10:19)

I do kind of wish there was diagonal walking though. And I'm kind of lost without a learn game sounds menu, especially because of the shear number of things available in the game. big_smile Also, I got 193 on the scoreboard... I mean that's better than my ah damn it scores but still, meh.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-05-04 18:29:03

Man steve I love your humor lmfao. It is planned for a sounds learning menu to be a thing though. So yep.

-

2019-05-04 18:49:00

Agreed with 17. The name really bothers me as I feel like the developer is trying to caitalize off of the success of Scramble. If this game was forest themed with bushes and thorns I could understand it. Sorry. Just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-05-04 19:32:56

Yeah, it seems kind of like a let's see if we can one up scramble, bwah hah hah hah hah hee hee hee hee hee. I don't know what to think about that, certainly, games have come along which have taken heavily of other games' concepts, or are a mish mash of two or more games. I do rather like it when it seems to be done in respect to the other title(s), or to pay homage to them. I haven't really played this, and won't since its BGT, but it seems like this was done a bit less tastefully than that. I'm not saying the game is flying in the face of Scramble, but it could be trying to ride on Scramble's coat tails, or be trying to ride the hype train Scramble has going on.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-04 19:35:40

evrything is good, accept the name, the  only bothering thing is the name, sorry, but this is the real part

2019-05-04 19:52:24

one question though. how can scramble have any success to capitalize off of or whatever if it's not released? This game is released. Branble that is. And after hearing some scramble playthroughs I notice a big difference. It seems he may just being paying tribute to me. But at any rate, the community has a fun game to play out of the mix.

2019-05-04 19:57:41

What made me wonder here really is: how do you base an idea of a game from another that hasn't been yet released? And the funny part is when you said that this game is similar to scramble, really? Like this community has played Scramble and got used to it, seriously man? There are a lot of people who even don't know what the heck scramble is, but it's like you're saying: hey, let me take the place Steve was about to take before he does.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2019-05-04 20:16:39

wow, this game is greate! Keep up the good work.