2019-05-02 17:16:49

I am vastly improving the AI though, your not supposed to lose the game with no control when you pick up a possession, bad powerups sure but not powerups that give you no chance. Right now when you pick one of those up you pretty much turn it into a pig game where if the dice just happens to role a 1 the game is over and no amount of skill can save you. I may add some kind of way to break out of possession if you really want so if you think you are about to die you can try to save yourself.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2019-05-03 07:40:40

My suggestion is to take out all the little references to your friends.  If we're not a part of your group, it kinda doesn't make any sense to the rest of us.

2019-05-03 14:03:54 (edited by Ghaith 2019-05-03 14:04:46)

Hello, this game is epic, please, please continue this project.
Though it was hard at the begining, but it is addicting, the online mode thing is cool, hope it'll be frequently updated.

2019-05-03 15:42:23

I have soooooooo many ideas! Here we go...:

• Instead of a growing map, make a huge map with all kinds of different areas. Like a snowy area where there are bears and freezing water where you can catch fish for some extra points. And a desert where the cacti and trolls spawn. And a pond where you can dive for pearls, and there's bubbles, but there's also fishies and stingrays and other stuff.

• If you don't like that, then maybe just specific areas of the map with different tiles where certain things only spawn, like sand for cacti, ice for bears, etc.

• If you end up doing the different tile things, you could have them do different things, like eventually dying of thirst if you don't drink in sand, or slipping around in ice, and freezing if you stay still to long, this would obviously make dumbies more useful, cause you could place them in a place where you don't die over time, and go to the die over time area yourself, allowing the dumbies to get some extra points while your away.

• Chasms

• Mushrooms that can help or hinder you based on there pitch.

• Some different soundnig mushrooms doing the poison spore thing.

• Hindering powerups, like slow down, spawn enemy, etc.

I'm sure I could think of more but that's what I got for now.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-05-03 15:48:13

O, and facing, so that you don't just chop everything within a 360 degree radius, if there's something coming and your waiting behind a cactus and a troll is also there, chop, bye bye cactus, enemy, and life.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-05-03 19:13:04

I like the idea of different environments too, but I would worry that would make it too close to a Crazy Party clone. If it could be managed, it would be pretty cool.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-05-03 19:18:41

lol isn't this supposed to be a crazy party clone?
Well it's kinda 3d Oh Shit, witch is pretty much the flying boat from cp with rocks, no ambience, powerups, and carpet instead of metal or whatever it is in cp.

----------

2019-05-03 22:14:21

@sam, do you think you could have an updated version of the game's changelog in post 1 so I don't need to sift threw bunches of posts to see if there's a new ver?

----------

2019-05-03 22:24:50

An auto-updater or an option to check the latest build number would be great I think and better than always editing the original post.

2019-05-03 22:43:06

yeah, that too.

----------

2019-05-06 00:08:37

I think we can get a build checker pretty easily yes. Also the idea isn't to make this a cp clone, the idea is just to make a bunch of cp items and drop them into 1 place to make an interesting game.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2019-05-08 18:18:32

I was playing the game just now and I noticed 2 things.
First, trees aren't very dangerous. I have *never* died from a tree.
Second:
I get possessed,
A troll appears,
I go to a cactus and wait,
A zombie comes up,
The AI attacks,
Die goes the zombie,
Die goes the cactus,
The troll comes up,
And die goes me.
By the way, would you add bulls to the next version?
Maybe you must corner them against a map boarder in order to kill them when they aren't charging.
They could be another way of getting rid of trolls.

2019-05-08 21:23:28

Hi. @112, the sanario you described is fixed for the next version. Also yeah bulls were something that has been talked about, we'll probably do that they would certainly be fun!

2019-05-08 21:46:43

OK cool!
Looking forward to it already!
Actually, I'm blind, so maybe looking isn't the right word...

2019-05-09 20:45:33

Bulls will be fun

2019-05-10 03:04:51

I think that the possession power up should be removed. As Sam stated, the AI will never be perfect. Therefore, there will always be that small chance that it jumps up and gets eaten by a bat, and if you're controlled by it... there goes your game. This coming from someone who likes to create evil power ups to mess with people, there is a limit to that. There should always be a way - a choice you could make to get out of a situation, rather than a random roll of the dice that says, "game over." and there's nothing you can do about it.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-05-10 05:42:45 (edited by defender 2019-05-10 05:43:33)

As I think I might have mentioned already, scattered bits of ice would also be fun imho, even if they only stick around for like 45/60 seconds or something.

2019-05-10 06:39:34

My initial thought upon seeing the possession powerup was that it was meant to be the opposite of the friendly bot. I guess that's why it doesn't bother me that much when it makes you lose the game, not to mention the negative connotation that possession in general has. If it were removed, it wouldn't hurt my feelings, but I've always seen it as something that's meant to screw you over.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-05-10 21:43:47

Nah. It was actually meant to be friendly, because without the screw ups the AI can clear the board quite more easily than you can. Either way, even if it was supposed to screw you over - rock storms in Oh Shit are supposed to do that, it should have a viable way out, something that requires extra or irregular work to get out of the way instead of just a... the random generator rolled a 1. Aww, you lose!

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-05-11 05:28:37

yeah, fair enough. I have an idea for a replacement powerup then. What if you could pick up something like the ghost sword that's used in CP? Of course, you wouldn't be able to use it infinitely. perhaps it just gives you extra range against ghosts for one hit, or freezes them for a few seconds so you can go in for the kill more easily. It could even protect you against curse by slightly reducing the likelihood that the ghost can hit you as it passes by. I wouldn't recommend calling it a ghost sword, though. I personally think that's one of the most idiotic concepts in CP, not least because it sounds like you're spraying them with something rather than stabbing them with a sword.

2019-05-13 18:31:46

I really hate when there is a troll, and there is also a ghost, and the ghost curses you over and over while the troll walks up and uses you for target practice.

2019-05-14 01:38:10

I agree with you post 121

2019-05-14 01:38:26

It's still a great game though.

2019-05-15 18:11:48

I've been thinking, and here are some ideas that I consider fun that you could add to this game.
They could be in different modes or whatever.
Bonus ghost: A normal ghost, but every time it curses you, you get 1+current curse level points! Can you survive long enough to get good points from it?
Unstable: This could be a mode or something. Every second, every object or entity has a 5 or so percent chance to teleport to a random position.
Skeleton, enemy:
These have short bows, and they run away from you.
When there at a safe distance, they load up and shoot at you, requiring you to jump to avoid them.
You need to trap them against a corner or something to kill them and get those 2 points!
Magnetic cannons:
These are normal cannons but when they fire a ball, it simply rolls randomly around the board until it hits something. Maybe you, a wall, a troll, or a cannon. Probably drops a point when it dies and expires after 20 seconds.
If one is near you, you may be able to attack it to send it rolling in the direction your facing.
There could be a mode where you can't attack anything besides cannon balls and you must relie on aiming with cannon balls to get points!
Battleaxe: It's a power up, and while you've got it, you can attack trolls.
All I can think of for now.

2019-05-19 22:27:09

I'd be glad to translate the game firstly in french, and possibly in spanish, as my spanish skills are getting better

pika-san, a pokemon fan! skype: luigimax127
Discord: luigimax127#5490
Pokemon show down username: pika127