2019-05-02 02:10:43

Disclaimer: Do not even try this game unless you're up for a lot of learning and fiddling around. It takes some work to play. Some knowledge of Japanese helps as well.

This is a JRPG with some decent mechanics, collectable characters and weapons. I have yet to find any content that is unplayable on iOS with Safari.

The biggest draw of the game is probably the massive amount of playable story, all of which VO can read. If you double tap while a character is speaking, it stops scrolling the text and brings it up in full so we can read it.

Account setup takes a bit of work. You have to sign up with a Mobage account, which only works in Japanese as far as I know. I got through it because I know a little Japanese and I used iTranslate for what I didn't know.

I've used Seeing AI to learn how some screens are layed out. A lot of things read with VO, including enemy HP in battle and the gauges for your charged attacks. Some things do not read at all though, like the pop-up menu and some of the quest icons.

Battle can be a little confusing. The wiki helps here though in learning what skills and summons do. Some battles let you view a pop-up of the skill and some just use the skill when you double tap on it.

I haven't figured out how to manually assemble a party yet, but there is an auto select. When the game asks you to pick a focus and element, you can just hit select for the defaults for now. I'll play with party management later when I have more time.

I hope someone gets some enjoyment out of this. I don't really like the story so far. Not sure how long I'll stick with this since generally FFRK is my game of choice. Just thought I'd announce this is surprisingly playable for those that want a new JRPG and don't mind a a little work to play. You can find the game at:

granbluefantasy.jp

And the wiki is at:

gbf.wiki

2019-05-02 18:22:32

Wow, I'll have to check this out. I've heard of this game, but just figured it was another one of those inaccessible MMOs

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-05-02 18:27:49

i wish we have a jgt for ios, that would be nice

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-05-02 19:48:19 (edited by pitermach 2019-05-02 19:49:08)

If I'm  reading David's post right, this is a game you play in the browser. If this is the case, then in theory you should be able to just use the translation facilities built into Google Chrome to play. I'll be trying this out later.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2019-05-02 20:35:38

Just a tip, I don't think this will be workable on windows, at least not without some heavy mouse use. Since like ffrk, this does require vo to be turned off and on at various points.

2019-05-12 16:42:15

So I've been playing this and it's pretty neat. The story is pretty cool too.

2019-05-14 04:07:17

Is the whole game in Japanese or just the account creation?

2019-05-14 10:00:43

I cannot get past language selection screen, both on PC and android

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-05-15 04:45:30

A bit curious, is it an action RPG or is it like FFRK where the battle system is turn-based?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-05-15 10:06:13

It's a turn based RPG, with some sidescrolling sections.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-05-17 09:25:30

I messaged the devs about accessibility, because why not?

2019-05-17 12:53:26

If you want to play this game on your pc, it is only playable with jaws touch mode, because it sees all content.
With nvda you can only select a language and nothink more.
I have tried to play this on my iphone but it is so hard for me.
I am playing with jaws and it is playable.

2019-05-17 18:41:25

Should I create an account with Jaws too? What's the best way to create an account?

2019-05-18 11:03:28

Maybe I am wrong but you dont need to create any account.
Yo need to create a character only and it is stored in web browser's cookies.

2019-05-18 11:07:05

@Orin, you create an account by simply logging in with Yahoo, google, facebook or whatever else. I recommend doing it with Jaws too.

2019-05-18 16:22:17

Okay, so I've connected via Twitter, but what do I do after this? I'm assuming this is character creation, but either its in Japanese, or the edit boxes and combo boxes are unlabeled.

Is this where Jaws touch is necessary? activating that, it still doesn't give me the info I need when attempting to navigate this way.

I'm willing to put the work in and fiddle around, but I'm lost ATM.

2019-05-18 18:30:59

Any idea on how to play this on an iOS device?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2019-05-18 18:57:51

You have to select your gvender as far as I'm not mistaken. You have select a gender label and then some unlabelled stuff, two from the most right side are genders. Male, femal. After that you will be taken to the tutorial

2019-05-18 22:38:37

wanted to play the game on iOS however sadly the game is not available here. when I open the website and select a language, I select play and then I select get it on app store however it says the item is unavailable.

2019-05-19 00:13:20

Tried playing this with the touch thing for jaws, but it's not reading any kind of skills or attacks in battle. Am I doing something wrong? I've gone left and right on the screen and nothing's really being red.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2019-05-19 02:42:15

This is like record keeper in the sense where you have to memorize where a lot of things are on the screen, including most of battle

2019-05-19 17:16:01

Hi:

I tried to download the app, but it says app not available. My App Store is set to U.S. region. What am I missing?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-05-19 18:46:33

You have to play it from the browser. The dedocated app is japanese region only.

2019-05-19 21:24:43

How to play it through the browser from an iOS device? Clicking the play link says that I need to go to the app store

2019-05-19 23:57:01

I somehow managed to click the play now button but after selecting a language I don't know which part of the screen that I must press to start the game.