2019-04-18 11:14:26

i can see what you mean there about resetting every 3 months but it still stands that if you put in a whole ton of work it's going to be undone. or if rl gets in the way which it does and should do obviously, but if it does then that puts you at a disadvantage for that whole round. you've effectively lost before you've started. at least with a persistent server yes you'll be playing catchup but there's still a chance you can become a power to be reckoned with.

2019-04-19 04:06:20

I would be ok with a reset every 3 months or so. Also, @374, are you saying that the project was officially abandoned, and if so, was this stated on the forum anywhere?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-04-19 12:56:51

The closest thing to an official statement is the following:

Aprone wrote:

Yeah this has been a tricky project because so many of the original plans didn't work out as I had imagined.  The quick solution seems to be to tear out huge portions and re-code the game to something that a larger group of players will enjoy, but that would "kill" the game for people who like that original direction.  There's a voice in my head telling me that it makes the most sense to forget what the game is Now and focus on making it a game that more people will want to play, but then again, growing up I've always hated seeing games changed around to appeal to the masses.  I remember a few games I really enjoyed, but the majority of players found it either too hard or something, and complained until the entire game was changed to accommodate them.

Of course I'm not saying that any group is whining about Castaways 2 to get it changed.  With this game I'm interpreting the silence as complaining, since very very few people enjoy playing it.  That's actually a more severe form of complaint than a group who complains but continues to play the game, lol!  Something has to be done to fix this game, but I still can't decide on exactly what that needs to be.

He doesn't directly say it is officially abandoned, but there haven't been any updates since, except this small patch last year to make multiplayer work again.

Errare humanum est!

2019-04-23 00:54:57

This game is amazing and there is so much to do that it is hard to get it all done in a time frame. Three months would be all right. I guess he'd have to reset it eventually. LOL
Unless we all just move into hius server and live there happily ever after milking cows, chasing chicken and flogging slaves.

A

2019-04-27 11:07:37

as someone asked on a previous post, is anyone still playing on the multi player server? if so I just may pick this game back up, it was very fun when aprone first debuted it

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2019-04-27 13:31:15

yeah i might do again but firstly there needs to be people there and well secondly the 1 month thing really is a deal breaker.

2019-04-27 15:08:56

I have been playing offline, so if I knew others would be on the server, I would try the multiplayer game.
What if some of us start a game on May 1st and see how many people we can get back on there?
If we show Aprone there is a lot of interest, maybe he will make some new changes.

2019-04-27 15:33:57

has aprone even been about though? i certainly haven't seen him for i don't know how long though.

2019-04-28 07:31:04

He can probably still se how many are logging into the server, whether he's on the forum or not.
So if he sees continued interest, he might be prompted to come back to the project.

2019-04-28 16:37:45

yes that is a good point you make there.

2019-04-29 00:26:06

I'll think about it. I don't like the monthly reset, either, which is why I hesitate to try, but let's see if others respond over the next few days. If enough interest is generated, I may very well log on on the first.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-04-29 06:44:38

I EMailed Aprone and asked politely if he would consider anything like a three-month reset. I told him there's still a lot of interest in this game in the forums. No idea if he'll respond, but I saw his contact on the kaldobsky site and thought it was worth a try.

2019-04-29 07:08:05

Damn it.  I think I'll log on as well on the first.  I haven't played this game in ages and I never got too far.  I'm kind of busy with finals though so we'll see.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2019-04-29 22:47:18

add me to the list, I will also log in on the first

2019-05-10 17:44:29

Hello everyone, is there a way to assign more than one worker to a job?

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2019-05-10 18:42:26

i really love this game, but seems i won't get too far withthe crashing bug, i don't know how to fixe it

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-05-12 06:23:42

#390, not really.

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
space
Try praying about it though. wink Maybe the church can help you a little bit with that.

AKA president731

2021-09-06 03:35:25

is this still being updated?

2021-09-06 05:16:34

@Valmorian not at the moment, but possibly in the future....i remember a while back aprone did say he wanted to revisit this project

2021-09-06 08:32:10

Valmorian wrote:

is this still being updated?

If it was, then you would have heard about it. You could also have checked the website, which would give you the answer.
Damn I hate when older topics are being bought back to life, just to ask if a game is being updated.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-09-06 23:37:44

I did check the website it say sthe same thing it always has