2019-04-14 17:53:44 (edited by omer 2019-04-14 17:54:11)

spoilers
try talking with him, press ctrl c and choose him and ask him about personal life or something
end of spoilers

2019-04-17 22:25:32

I think I'm building the melee characters wrong. I'm level 70 and have the magic characters doing damage of several hundred or even thousand hp. The ranger clocks in at about 20 to 30 hp a hit and is very , very slow... The thief does anywhere from 100 to 200 a hit usually. I think my build for them is gross. For the magic characters it's agility and intelligence and willpower to max first, then constitution, then strength and dexterity whenever I think to add them. tongue This probably isn't gonna work for a melee character, so for those I did strength dexterity and agility up first, then constitution and the rest. But now that I think of it, I never saw the thief and ranger as being useful for anything other than being necessary to complete certain quests or unlock certain doors or parts of an area and the like. Then once they had outlived their usefulness they stayed back at the inn until they came up in the conversations and dialog at the end of the game. They just aren't doing anything for me other than taking damage. They're punching bags, little more, and nothing less.

2019-04-17 23:01:35

@derekedit

If you're at level 70 your thief and ranger characters should be maxed out to do quite a lot of damage--Matthias the ranger can actually kill dragons under the right circumstances. Upgrading stats is only half of the play at that level, there's also equipment to increase strength and  speed. I have Gwen wearing the elven prellett's armor, which boosts strength and agility,and if you're lucky enough to find said armor, you could try Matthias in that. Then there's the elven ranger and hunter gear to increase evasiveness, the ring of finesse to increase dexterity and speed, etc. As for thief, give him gear that rates as effortless, pair it with a ring of finesse you can get to the point where you might actually want to give him some heavier weapon just to slow the game down so your enemies have a chance to fight back. Hint: If you're fighting dragons, either do maximum damage on your turn or have the characters maxed out in speed so you get two turns for every one of theirs.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-04-17 23:05:26

agreed about ranger but thief is no bad

2019-04-18 18:51:07

I flee the dragons if I get the chance. They hit hard and I don't know which equipment to get so my chars can stay relatively safe. I once played necro, and charname was Buffeling ShoneMan, a spoonerism for shuffeling boneman. I think I didn't have the right equipment for it so the wyvrens and dragons kept on killing the thing. Then after that I restarted and played warrior for a while, but I had trouble with ghosts on warrior. Now I play priest but I find that squishy, so I might try mage next, although Gwen is mage so I don't really see the point, or I might try ranger/bowman, but then mathias is that, so again...don't quite see the point of doing that.
Same for Thief.
The only classes left then to play are either warrior or necro, as I don't really see the point of playing any of the others, since you already get a piest, a thief, and a ranger partner.
I'm starting to think of restarting yet again simply because of cleric/priest being squishy.
Still, I like AHC very much.

To know, and not to do, is not to know.

2019-04-20 15:59:38

Is there any way to guarantee to get a particular piece of equipment? Or is it really based totally on dumb blind random luck save for the unique pieces you get from quests or in display cases and the like?

2019-04-20 16:44:34

Hi,
@Derekedit: I think that it is random.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-04-23 18:32:17

Today I finished the forest quest. Had a little trouble with the gardion, oh and I'm playing mage this time. So have made gwen fire mage and Magica, Ice mage. Nice blasting set. Anyway
Struggling with the Hydras in the mine. Just the mine quest and a load of side-quests left to do. Graveyard and forest are done. Well, I didn't clear the bandits yet, or even exterminated the goblins, I wanted to see if I could finish the tree things and the graveyard first, and so I did. Now I have only the mine left on main quest, and a load of side ones, but I already said that.
Miniature Alzheimers. tongue

2019-04-24 16:34:47

Hello! I'm having some problem with the divided house quest. I was able to find 2 of the 3 itens needed, now only need to find the last one, which is proving more difficult than I thought.

2019-04-24 21:19:15

I don't know which ones you've found but likely you're missing the one that's closer to where the shaman is since it's well out of the way. If it's not that then I'll list the other two in case. One's in or near a chief's tent and one is in the palace.

2019-04-25 07:42:33

Do anyone know if there are going to be anything added to the game? I would love to see more areas added.

2019-04-25 11:27:18

Hi_
Did someone manage to get the strongest potion from Beatrice? Apparently this quest is not level related, and completing the game doesn't seem to play a roll either. So is it even possible?
Best regard,
Simon

2019-04-25 11:51:27

hey all  plese someone help me how to i  understand navigation in this game its so  confusing

2019-04-25 14:29:39

Well, I've not found the shaman yet but I was able to find the other two. Where is the shaman? Is he in the palace?

2019-04-25 15:15:26

I've found the one in the shief's camp, I have a shaaman's treasonous letter and only need to find the lst one

2019-04-26 04:39:53

the last one is in the goblin king's palace somewhere/

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2019-04-26 14:34:07

I found one which is in the palace's infirmary, another which was in the shieftain's tent.

2019-04-27 13:05:22

Do the who framed  ... and the final letter willturn up

Guy Gavriel Kay

2019-04-27 13:12:58

Thanks!

2019-04-27 19:45:37

I keep checking this thread to see if the devs have any news to give.  haha.

2019-04-28 03:52:14

There hasn't been anything from them in a long time. I imagine that will remain the case for a long while yet to come. I hope I'm wrong.

2019-04-28 05:43:00

Anyone e-mail the devs?

2019-04-28 09:19:57

I have but I didn't get any response. I hope that the developers are working on more stuff for the game or working on a new project.

2019-04-28 11:58:38

Hmm, that's sad. A Hero's Call is pretty promising game, I'd love to see the expansion of the game. But damn.

2019-05-04 15:03:33

Hi. It's me again. I seem to have gotten stuck. I have finished the game, but here's my problem, it said I could go on with my adventure as the hero of Farhaven or I could restart with my same character by going to the south gate. However, when I try to do that, AHC says: You cannot restart your character if it is carrying a unique item.
I failed the Wilhelm and Freda quest so got his pickax, but don't know if I could drop stuff from my inventory?
It would be nice if I could, because magica seems to have been a good char for me. Yep it took me two weeks to finish AHC but then again I didn't play all the time.
So it'd be sad if I was forced to lose magica because of a unique item that I'm apparently carrying.