2019-04-25 15:52:23

Are you running the executable from within the zip archive? There is no need for an installer, you are just supposed to extract the archive and run ah_damn_it.exe

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2019-04-25 16:12:42

i have ekstracted it from the zip to a folder and when i run the exe file it just gives me this error

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-04-25 18:54:21

i also tryed running this game on windows 7 pc and windows 10 pc, it still dont work

So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-04-25 19:08:43

it seems that you aren't the only one receiving these errors, apparently other people with other applications sometimes get these as well. It's actually a bit worrying, but unfortunately I don't know how to help you fix this.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2019-04-25 19:14:26

I opened ah damn it.zip in widows explorer, then ran the ah damn it.exe file and his extract all. Then I go to the extracted folder and tun the exe.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-04-25 19:15:52

It seems that by looking at the error, a WX dependency or dll of some sort is missing. I used to get a similar error with Accessible_Output2 once upon a time.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-04-25 19:25:20

do i need some kind of visualc++ version?

2019-04-25 19:27:36

@fred, after briefly taking a look at the WXPython read me, it appears you will need the visual c++ 2008 and or 2015 runtimes.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2019-04-25 19:51:15

you meen i need both?

2019-04-25 19:51:58

If one doesn't work, then try the other. I'd start with 2015, as it says python3 versions require that.

2019-04-25 20:21:51

it finaly worked

2019-04-25 20:42:32

Awesome!

2019-04-25 21:26:13

I wonder if these DLLS can be packaged in the executable?
This is a fun game by the way.
Would you also be interested in an offline mode where:
There are 2 teams,
Both teams consist of a more or less equal random number of entities,
The entities will hunt there team enemies,
Entities from both teams can collect items to improve speed and gain boosts,
The player can watch the battle,
Optional the player can unlock new and more interesting entities by achievements that the player can then spawn to help a team by using assist points, which you get 1 every 10 seconds.
This is just a cool and maybe relaxing idea.
Or, a mode called LMS where everyone dodges through an obstacle course as long as they can.

2019-04-25 22:45:21

Nice detective work Mason, thanks to your help now more people can play the game!

2019-04-25 22:46:07

Happy to help!

2019-04-26 02:07:44

Okay so this is something that I had suggested before now on one of Steevo's podcasts, but I think it was misunderstood.  It'd be interesting to have different types of environment, lava rock with pits with a step of mud around them, ice that could make you slip around, sand with water in the middle that slows you down ETC.  Either as difficulty modes, as changes that happen when you pick up a certain item, or every couple of minutes automatically.  Obviously it'd make scoreboards a bit different, but it would add allot of variability to things.
In future maybe you could even base the enemies upon the environment type, but then you'd possibly be encroaching too far into CP clone territory.
Even just some stray bits of ice now and then would make things slightly more challenging.

Either way I think cactus's need to be quieter, and possibly have different pitches/speeds so that they don't all blend into one.  Someone also suggested them going away after a while, which I agree with, and item despawn rate could be increased as well.

I really like the curse system by the way.

2019-04-26 02:09:31

Okay so this is something that I had suggested before now on one of Steevo's podcasts, but I think it was misunderstood.  It'd be interesting to have different types of environment, lava rock with pits with a step of mud around them, ice that could make you slip around, sand with water in the middle that slows you down ETC.  Either as difficulty modes, as changes that happen when you pick up a certain item, or every couple of minutes automatically.  Obviously it'd make scoreboards a bit different, but it would add allot of variability to things.
In future maybe you could even base the enemies upon the environment type, but then you'd possibly be encroaching too far into CP clone territory.
Even just some stray bits of ice now and then would make things slightly more challenging.

Either way I think cactus's need to be quieter, and possibly have different pitches/speeds so that they don't all blend into one.  Someone also suggested them going away after a while, which I agree with, and item despawn rate could be increased as well.

I really like the curse system by the way!

2019-04-26 17:15:52

thanks mason, I'll put a note of that in the readme. I searched for this error online, but I never thought to look in the wx readme! big_smile

2019-04-26 21:01:43

@68 glad to help.

2019-04-28 01:14:21

Hello all, build 3 has been released! This one is pretty cool, adding more stats, more power ups, computer controlled players, fixing some bugs, updating spawns to make cacti spawn less, etc. You can get it from the link in post 1. Enjoy!

2019-04-28 01:45:01

This game is really awesome, even though I suck at it, especially getting rid of the trolls. I will try the new version when I get home. One suggestion is maybe add an option in the main menu to learn sounds instead of having to play them from the sounds folder.

2019-04-28 02:18:55

I agree with the learn sounds menu option. This game is awesome! I have a quick question. What is nvg.dll?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-04-28 02:37:15

yes we can make a learn game sounds option. nvg.dll is a small part of the nonvisual gaming engine me and some friends made which powers ah damn it

2019-04-28 03:15:48

There is a weird thing going on with saving. One time the save actuallys aves, other times the game actually like uh, clears, and it's just weird. Love the new things though. I just lasted a bunch with like seven total pc AI. Pretty nice adicting little thingy.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-04-28 09:01:37

hi.
In my oppinion, will cool if you add updater in this game.
my best score was 108 lol.

Yours kindly