2019-04-23 09:57:28 (edited by livrobo 2019-04-23 09:59:28)

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you have had luck using the redesigned mobile version of Wolfram Alpha. I'm not sure when exactly it changed, but now there seem to be a lot of images and unlabeled buttons that make it difficult to find the information you're looking for.

Even typing something as simple as "distance from San Diego, California to Newark, New Jersey" doesn't seem to return any useful text.

I used to use Wolfram Alpha very often but I've been putting off learning the new design. I thought I'd ask here if any of you have any tips for getting the information you need.

Thanks.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.

2019-04-23 15:08:28

It actually does return the data your looking for (unless it considers your query ambiguous). To read it enter your query, go down to the relevant headings, and use object navigation with NVDA to read it. You'll see a lot of links that aren't labeled, but at the end of that list of unlabeled links the data you're seeking will be there.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-04-24 05:15:52

Aha, looks like that does work. I'm not sure why I didn't think to try object navigation.
Thanks for your help.

Ethin wrote:

It actually does return the data your looking for (unless it considers your query ambiguous). To read it enter your query, go down to the relevant headings, and use object navigation with NVDA to read it. You'll see a lot of links that aren't labeled, but at the end of that list of unlabeled links the data you're seeking will be there.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.