2019-04-18 18:50:40

Is the same result, only in a different way.

But well smile probably (IntPtr)0 works well too.

My problem wasn't know how to create a pointer to 0... the problem was know what was the correct value. So, use the enum is a more explicit way to know what are you putting on that parameter smile

smile

So, same for other options; if you want, you can pass any intPtr value depending the value that you want, instead of use the enum.. But of course, the enum is for be more explicit.
smile

2019-04-18 20:28:01

@26, for extradriverdata? That does not take any form of an enum. If it took an enum, its tye signature would not be IntPTR, now would it? Just pass new IntPTR(0) to that function since you do not have any extra driver data that you need to throw around.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-04-24 05:06:45

OK guys, finally is working.

After fight with the variables, the parameters and other invisible stuff, with the appreciated help of cameron from from the FMOD forum, we got that this shit works smile

But well, currently the example works just instantiating a sound source, and don't set any listener / room properties yet; Will be a work for the future.

So, the repository of the working project (using FMOD 1.10.12) is this:

https://github.com/sanslash332/fmod-test-in-monogame

In the solution are included the header project for FMOD 1.10.12 and for 2.0. A, and ilegally (for now) the DLLS of fmod.

Probably if you reference from the monogame project the project of the fmod 2.0, after change two or three small things, it works too.

smile

@lightsome please try it, and tell me if it works for you smile

See ya!

2019-04-24 17:33:44

That's really a good message. I almost went crazy from infinite testing and searching... I'll try your solution as soon as possible. And in addition, I also made some progress with setting the room properties. Here is my demo.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkQiPnyu5PNtgvw88_UEZrkRXjmMBA

Try it and play with all the parameters.
My demo should sound like you were standing in front right corner of an empty middle-sized room with concrete walls and a big window behind you.

We should keep investigating as long as we fully understand to the API. Whanks for cooperation.

2019-04-25 06:26:25

Oh! Interesting, very interesting!

So, first. You should upload the code to a git repository; is more easy share it, track the changes, push new code, and other things smile

So, about the code itself...

How can work that struct distribution?

Checking the same struct in to the fmod source code, the variables that are a triplet (like position x, position y and position z) instead to be three different variables, are an array of size 3. Curious that it can work having  a different structure.

Of course, if you reduce bot structures to bytes, probably you got the same result smile but well. You do it... Awesome smile

So, if you check my code, apparently you got a different way to dump the struct in to a byteArray; in my case I used other code. But we got the same result smile

So, I suppose that a good next step is get a small program that use bot plugins and can change it properties dynamically.

The only sad of resonance audio, is that you can't have various rooms with exits, or different configurations. you have to configure your engine to change the ambience when well, your character enters in to a different ambient.

Thanks Lightsome for your work. We got a complete example using resonance audio in c# smile

Now, is time to merge bot works in to one big example smile

¡thanks!