2019-04-23 06:28:32 (edited by Zarvox 2020-05-03 02:20:56)

links for latest version, and post for version 6 afterwords.
Get the latest version here:

Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0l9r3ke3qn49 … 5.zip?dl=1
Mega Sync:
https://mega.nz/#!jQF2CAaL!iYfyocsZmdEE … 1UUs4Kl6yI

Version 6 post:
I have a message for Oriol Gomez, and then I will share the biggest features of version 6.

Oriol if you are pissed at me for making this creator don't be pissed yet. Version 7 is going to be even worse. If you hate me for doing this now, you won't like me after version 7, so save your rage for v7. With that out of the way, let's continue.

Version 6 has 5 main features.
1. Integration. You now use the creator in your pack folder and it will detect all lvl and ogg files. This means multi level support!
2. Custom sounds. Now you don't have to fill in the sound name fields like name=, ends= and fail=. You can choose sounds to automatically be written in for it.
3. Tutorial creator. It isn't much, it isn't suppose to be. But it is a nice thing to have.
4. Playback is now one file instead of two.
5. The track position is used instead of a timer, making timing more accurate. Also, the delay between writing in playback and the level file is gone. No more delays.

A few more things to say. The manual was rewritten, especially the setup section. So please read through the whole manual again. Also, I highly recommend reading the change log first, there is a link in the guide sections for it, and a link to return after done reading change log. And this change log isn't crappy and confusing. This one is nice.

I am proud to present to you all, version 6 of the rhythm rage level creator!

2019-04-23 16:50:53

ha!
I was waiting forr this...

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-04-23 17:26:27 (edited by Zarvox 2019-04-23 17:31:19)

It's come a very long way since version 2. I know version 2 sucked, but I had to start somewhere. This version should have everything you are looking for. If not, let me know what you need and I will see what I can do for you in version 7. I have my own project for version 7, but I am happy to listen to feedback.

2019-04-23 17:30:24

hay!
I saw a bgt runtime error
but before,
I see this and I doen't understand.
---------------------------
good advice
I strongly recommend you change the file and folder name.
OK   

then, I chuse a song for my level and
bgt runtime errar
would you like to copy the stack traceing to the clipboard?
Call stack size: 3

Function: void slist()

Function: void setup()

Function: void main()
help?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-04-23 17:32:04

Ok, I will look at it

2019-04-23 17:38:06 (edited by Zarvox 2019-04-23 17:41:01)

I found out your issue. Did you cut or copy the files to the pack folder you want to use? And does your pack folder have any ogg files in it? Because I got the error when no ogg files were found, but when there were ogg files it worked perfectly fine

2019-04-23 18:42:21

O! I did not run it in a pack folder, just the main folder! woops?

2019-04-23 19:42:20

Version 6 is a lot diffent from other versions. Please read the whole manual. I make sure the manual is up to date before I release

2019-04-23 19:48:15

dude amazing! keep it up! gonna try it

Yours kindly

2019-05-05 16:30:02

Hay Zarvox, Orial's making a new version of Rhythm rage.
the good news? All old packs will still work.
The better news?
Orial's thinking about asking for your help with the level creater in the new game!
He'll give you credit, to!
So, if you're interested, get in contact with him!
Later!

2019-05-05 16:46:18

The problem is, the new ver will be in JS, and this creator is in BGT.

2019-05-06 01:15:19

At 10 I saw the post, at 11 yeah, right now I only know bgt. Idk if I will switch or just tell him to remake it and still provide credit. But the credit might be reduced in that case because he wrote it all... we’ll see what happens

2019-05-13 00:23:53 (edited by Zarvox 2020-02-28 09:04:35)

A new version.

Version 6.5.
The main reason for this update.

Fail=, early=, late=, had the space after the = and before your sound name, so the sound name and the next attribute were together.
That definitely gave Rhythm Rage some errors! So it is fixed now.

The other notable change is the music and volume files having an exclamation mark in front now instead of a semicolon. So make sure you replace the semicolon in all of your levels.

The manual has been updated of course, and this time it is named Manual.html. I forgot to rename manual (v6).html, so just delete that one.

There is a later version than this, please go grab it in post 1 or in the post containing the latest update.

2019-05-22 02:02:24 (edited by Zarvox 2019-05-22 02:08:23)

I tried creating an audio tutorial today, but it's not great. I sound bored, and I'm doing this on my bed, so if I move you will hear me move. I don't have a chair. I don't move often, but still, not a good setup. And I am just horrible at recording things!
So I want to ask this question. For those of you who want audio tutorials, what about the manual is confusing you? Have you read it several times? Have you spent a week with the program to get use to how it works? If so, is it still difficult to put all of that knowledge together in the program?
If I absolutely have to, I will make audio tutorials. But if the manual is not understandable to most people, or you don't understand something, let me know and I can either start writing a simpler manual, or give you a short description of how to do what you are confused about.
This thread isn't just for updates, you can ask questions if something is confusing or tell me if the manual isn't very understandable.

2019-05-22 02:22:12

No, the manual, most of it, is very understandable for me at least. It just takes some time getting used to, is all.

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2019-06-11 13:36:22

I have some news regarding version 7. It's not ready for release but it's in progress. I have figured out how to organize the version 7 concept and merge it with the custom sounds, But it is taking a lot of work, because I had to change the way it writes sound into the level, and I have to change the way custom sounds work. I've gotten far, but it is a long process. And I'm sure when it is released there will be several syntax or errors due to the changing of custom  sounds and writing sound files. But when version 7 comes out, it will be amazing. It will make the required effort of coding a level much less. You might be asking how could it get any more reduced? You will see what I'm talking about when version 7 is released. Until then, I'm working on it, it's going well but I'm having to take apart a few things to put together a better new one.

2019-06-30 22:48:35 (edited by Zarvox 2020-02-28 09:05:15)

Version 7 is released! You thought I couldn't reduce the effort even more? You were completely wrong.

What's so great about version 7? For 1, custom sounds now support different sounds for press and hold actions. For 2, the options panel is remade. But the true value of version 7... is containers.

What the hell are containers? They are what makes a level different from other levels. They are a set of sounds, that all change at once for a press or hold action. That means you don't have to switch each individual sound now, just hit semicolon or apostrophe and all of them are changed for you! You also get to name the containers, so you know exactly what soundset it is. It's genius!

Please read through the custom sounds and containers part of the manual, and look at the sound management note for more details.

There is a later version than this, please go grab it in post 1 or in the post containing the latest update.

2019-08-11 22:26:19

What is this. Every time i try to play the level i just created with this tool, i get a bgt runtime error. What am i missing? Please answer as soon as possible.

Best regards: Marco

2019-08-12 13:56:31 (edited by Zarvox 2019-08-12 14:39:41)

@18 You need to put the exe in the same folder as your pack. And that folder must have sounds in .ogg format. Otherwise it will give you an error. I will have it tell the user what the problem is so they know what to do, instead of it giving an error. And while I'm at it I will fix the annoying error when you first create an alias or macro. Hopefully I can fix that error.

Edit: I have fixed the alias and macro error. They were super easy. Time to fix the no sounds bgt error.

2019-08-12 23:31:52 (edited by Zarvox 2020-02-28 09:05:46)

Hola. Version 8 is out. There's not much new. Just some bug fixes with array boundaries, and sound list management.

What's new:
Page up and down, as well as home and end, open levels without level manager having to be opened.
You can add an auto numbering system to your files if you wish.

I apologize for not having a better container system. I'm still thinking of the best way to remake them.

My dropbox may be broken, so let me know. I'll keep the last version in my dropbox if it is.

2019-08-13 20:19:48

I still get the bgt runtime error even if i copy the .exe file in to my pack. What should i do? Also, how does the program know, when i press the start/end hold action, which key i want to be holded?

2019-08-14 05:38:30 (edited by Zarvox 2019-08-14 05:39:14)

You have to have sounds in ogg format in the folder. If you don't have ogg sounds it won't let you continue. And I don't understand your question about holding. You press enter to start your hold action, and backspace to end the hold action. This is so you do not have to hold the key down.

2019-08-14 18:29:36

Zarvox wrote:

You have to have sounds in ogg format in the folder. If you don't have ogg sounds it won't let you continue. And I don't understand your question about holding. You press enter to start your hold action, and backspace to end the hold action. This is so you do not have to hold the key down.

I have the files in .ogg format but istill get the error. What am i missing?

2019-08-14 21:59:39

How far can you get before you receive an error? Can you set up the options and time cursor and then it gives an error? Is it before that? After that? We may be talking about the wrong error.

Version 8 has fixed a few errors, so try that to see if it fixes your problem. If the link doesn't work let me know.

2019-08-15 02:51:08

no it is when i try to play my level. What am i missing?