2019-04-22 19:08:57

I wonder if somehow some antivirus is deleting a game file before it has a chance to start, similar with what was happening with BGT games. I'm not sure really where to begin debugging this error as you seem to be the only one getting it. What antivirus are you using? Also, as to bats, the trick is to time your jumps right. There is a demo in my anyaudio recording I posted above. Also, you don't need to get them but risking it gets you a lot of points. Yes, zombies can catch you in the air, you can not jump them.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2019-04-22 19:25:48

macafi web advizer

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-04-22 19:47:06

Ground fireballs or maybe those armored guys from the castles walls game or robots that go diagonally from one random corner across to the opposite corner killing everything they land on might be fun.

2019-04-22 20:14:45

haha yeah they could be! @fred, I have never heard of this before. I'm not sure but it could maybe be the issue. When you launch the game, it extracts the files needed for execution to a temp directory. If your AV is deleting files from that directory before the game starts, That very well may be what's up.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2019-04-22 20:59:49

@sammy tupy. I;m also still recieving this error. How do I stop this thingy from happening?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-04-22 21:13:13

when i open the folder for first time i have 7 files

So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-04-22 23:35:16

When you run the application, other files are extracted to a temporary directory that you don't see right away, it may be these that are getting deleted. @redfox, is your traceback the same as freds?

2019-04-23 00:55:00 (edited by turtlepower17 2019-04-23 00:56:46)

@28, oh God, I hope the robots wouldn't be as vicious as the ones in that micro game where you have to navigate the electrical maze while avoiding the bots, that game is hell and I never win it, lol. Although, speaking of which, electricity that you had to jump over might be another idea that could make this game even better. I was also thinking that maybe a powerup could be added which would allow you to hit the bats from on the ground, but that it would only last a few seconds. Alternatively, there could be arrows that you pick up and shoot them with which could be used for this purpose, but they should be an extremely rare item so that people can't abuse them. I like the challenge of the bats, but I also would like to get a break from them, especially when there's a whole cluster of them that appear at one time.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-04-23 01:11:19

@Turtlepower, There is going to be a powerup called insecticide. When you get it, for 15 seconds if you get within 3 tiles of a cactus or bat or mosquito, it will spray them with insecticide and destroy them automaticly without you having to do anything. Maybe I will even make insecticide slow down trolls for a few seconds or something.

2019-04-23 01:56:48

Sweet! Glad to hear that.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-04-23 04:04:49

Why insecticide, that's for well, insects.  Pretty cool regardless though...

2019-04-23 09:11:53

Hello all, build 2 has been released! We now have a main menu, a way to skip the intro, the start to a save file system, a couple new stats, and a scoreboard! Get it from the same link as in post 1. Enjoy!

2019-04-23 13:28:50

By the way, Sam, are you still working on redspot, because you can't see the link to it on your weebpage?

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-04-23 13:56:01

this is the error i get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ah_damn_it.pyw", line 5, in <module>
  File "nvg.py", line 1879, in init nvg
  File "nvg.py", line 13, in nvg.MockModule._initialize_
  File "nvg.py", line 1884, in nvg._dialogs
  File "c:\python37\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py", line 627, in exec_module
  File "site-packages\wx\__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
  File "c:\python37\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py", line 627, in exec_module
  File "site-packages\wx\core.py", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

2019-04-23 17:08:26

yes, I get the same thing.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-04-23 19:20:35

i'm playing well nothing problem. Wow i like this game it's amazing! keep it up bro!

Yours kindly

2019-04-23 19:32:22 (edited by kianoosh 2019-04-23 19:44:57)

Could you make it so we just die when we step on cactuses instead of being one step unit away from them?

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-04-23 19:44:51

no really i get same too but i redownload it and all right

Yours kindly

2019-04-23 19:45:49

well sorry for double posting:
kianoosh if you want kill trole just hide behind of cactus and cactus will make its amazing thing. But you will rage if you will step on cactus lol.

Yours kindly

2019-04-24 01:41:25

there probably should be a limit to how many cactuses can be on a map at a time. You can make yourself impervious to trolls by just not destroying the cactuses, and then they will almost certainly just get destroyed by them as more and more are generated.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-04-24 17:50:06

dude this trole is pissing me off.
can ya add like: i must hit this trole to 3 or 4 times for kill in the map sometimes is not cactus and can't kill it. Really damn this thing.

Yours kindly

2019-04-24 20:04:41

and this error is doing me so angry

2019-04-25 01:56:30

Unfortunately I have no other ideas as to why you are getting this error. If you haven't, attempt to disable your antivirus and see if that makes it go away. The error you are getting has nothing to do with my code, and thus it is very difficult for me to help you debug. All I can do is give educated guesses about the internal workings of python or pyinstaller. As I said, I think the most likely culprit is your antivirus, because the game extracts files to a temporary directory to run. In a way the executable you run is a self extractor that extracts a couple hundred small files into a temp dir then executes the proper  code. Try disabling your antivirus then running it and see if it works

2019-04-25 02:01:10

I think you should make this a cross platform game so that Mac users can  Play it as well.

2019-04-25 10:10:24

i tryed that but still it dont work, it just give me this error, it could be easyer if you could make an setup for installing this