2019-04-21 18:47:25

Well, I thought long and hard about if I should preorder the game or not, and suddenly 60 euros were gone from my bank account and I received an E-Mail by steam telling me that there is a new game in the library.
I went for the normal edition now because I find it, in retrospect pritty pointless to pay for a season pass which is not even available now and can be bought for the same price of 30 extra euros some day later.
So, downloading the game, let's see how long it takes initially, I hope not that long so I can start playing Tuesday morning.

Will the game be able to play actually Tuesday morning depending on the time zone?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-04-21 19:26:40

this is the release date countdown
https://yourcountdown.to/mortal-kombat-11

2019-04-21 19:44:10 (edited by hadi.gsf 2019-04-21 19:45:07)

@alireza, that's normal for the folder to way 0 kb. steam has encrypted the pre load somewhere else.
@simba.
go here and check the timer:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/9763 … _Kombat11/
I think, sadly, we are going to get the game  a bit later than the consoles. i am  dumping my frustration in the steam mk11 forums lol.
also that count down url is for consoles, not for steam.
I think at least. the only thing we have at this time is the store page i posted.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2019-04-21 20:13:15

@Simba, there is a button in the app where you can change the inputs to arrows, d,b,f and so on.  set your punctuation above none if you haven't already, that could help too.  You'll have no problem reading the moves, I can attest to that after 2 years.

2019-04-21 20:24:45

wait! that's a crime! we'll get it 10 hours later!

2019-04-21 20:39:07

this is real
https://steamcommunity.com/app/976310/d … 085/?ctp=2

2019-04-21 23:10:34

I tried out that pocket guide for mkxl but couldn't find what I was most interested in which is frame data. Is there any way to see this?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-04-22 00:36:33

for Frame data, your best bet is testyourmight.  OCRing moves has given me some success though with it.  I'm preparing by watching the movie!  Cannot wait for the game and for Shang Tsung to come out.  I like most of the supposed Kombat pack as well...
Spoilers be ware!

I have been wanting Fujin for ages, terminator would be super coo, and I highly doubt we'll get Injustice Joker.  at the least, he'll be completely redone to suit the R-rated movie.  Plus, with what they've done with Kotel and Aztech culture, Nightwolf I expect to be fantastic.

2019-04-22 15:25:58 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-04-22 15:35:02)

Alright... lol last post on this subject from me. No idea whether this was a character tower, a normal one or some kind of super tower. But notice how Baraka basically bodies Liu Kang for the first 15 or so seconds, takes 1 hit from the fire rockets and the player's entire health bar literally empties within 5 seconds. This one if nothing else is bound to be patched, if it was a character tower casual and maybe even some competitive Baraka mains will rage like nothing else, considering the consumable item the game recommends will probably be a rare one. Now that is what I call meter burn...
https://twitter.com/EhnaMill/status/1120294460112478208

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-04-22 15:34:10 (edited by Jod 2019-04-22 15:43:40)

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
dude this is bullshit, jax modifies the time to seperate black people from white? if you don't believe me search jax tower ending in google.

2019-04-22 15:36:03

Don't you think you could've put a spoiler warning next to that?

2019-04-22 15:43:57

i think i could.

2019-04-22 15:53:00

Thanks. Not everyone likes those... I don't mind checking out gameplay, but tower endings and story I'd rather see for myself.

2019-04-22 17:05:38

I think i might have missed this, but is there a guide on how to make the menus speak? Thanks.

2019-04-22 17:08:31

Hi.
Here is the review of the game written by SightlessKombat:
http://www.reviews.sightlesskombat.com/MK11r.html
Very interesting review in my opinion.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-04-22 17:27:10

It is indeed. Also, cool that the menu narration is in fact slightly more than just the main menu, understandable though that it's not absolutely everything, since they'd have to get him to literally record every single thing.
I am curious though whether or not the krypt is still in 3rd person like MKX, or if they went full first person view with turning and such. If it was still 3rd person and still has coordinates, it could potentially work out just fine. I got through the entire MKX krypt without any assistance using a guide on gamefaqs, but guess we'll have to see how this one works out.

2019-04-22 18:15:35 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2019-04-22 18:22:12)

@90
Thanks very much for the compliment on my review.  I actually came here to post the information from said review rather than the review itself so that those who wanted information, such as how to make the menus read, wouldn't have to go to a separate link which I know can be frustrating.

@89
The following will work once in the main menu:
1. press menu/options on your controller.
2. press RB/R1 4 times to go to audio.
3. Press Up 3 times then right once to enable "read menu options".
4. From there, press Up once and then Right once to enable "interaction Sound Cues".
5. Finally, press B/Circle then A/X (Cross) to back out of the menu and save your changes.

If done correctly, you should now have reading menus and cues for interactive objects.

Disclaimer:
I've had the game for about 4 days now thanks to Warner Bros. sending me an early copy of the game.  Though I haven't played everything, certainly, I've had a good look around the game and here is a relatively shorter version of what you're probably wanting to know:

• There are a few options that read in addition to what did in the beta, but the fact is that the menus still only reach a few layers deep in terms of narration

• Krypt is third-person and 3d, in the sense that it's open-world with a full angle camera (up/down/left/right) based on initial testing with sighted assistance.

• Krypt has no audio cues for chests, navigation to other important items or locations etc, making it impossible to unlock anything without sighted assistance in my view, even with the co-ordinate system that's in the game.

• Unlocks come from towers of time (TOT) or Krypt in the majority of cases, but you do get unlocks from playing classic towers and levelling up through online matches

• Speaking of online, the netcode I got to experience through the pre-release review was pretty solid over all on Xbox One and the first layer of the online menus read, so you'll be able to easily pick your mode even if you'll need a little assistance getting everything set up after that

• The majority of modes (Towers Of Time, Kollection, Stage Select/Character Select+Variations+Difficulty Select etc) will need OCR to get full use of, as well as with aspects like customisation of both characters and AI loadouts

• Tutorial is only accessible up to the section on combos, which requires sighted assistance as OCR didn't read button inputs and demos weren't defined enough in terms of cues, so became a process of trial and error which I'm really not happy with at present.  May write out a guide if there's interest

• Story mode is playable from beginning to end, though a choice system (similar to Injustice 2's) prevents it being fully accessible without sighted assistance to make sure you've either played through with everyone or know who you can play a fight with etc

• When OCR works, however, it works well for the most part, even including consumables in Towers Of Time, though it can be hit and miss

• Finally, there are unlockables through the mobile app, including an announcer voice (no footage as of yet), but mobile app is inaccessible without sighted assistance in order to get what you need to access said content.

Hope all that information is useful

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2019-04-22 18:17:30

@91
If you could link me to that guide I'd be interested, as I've never managed to get through any of the krypt without assistance due to the design etc and would be willing to try it for myself.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2019-04-22 18:32:58

wait did they release the game yet?

2019-04-22 18:48:02

@sightless
Here you go.
The key is to always keep track of your coordinates and what direction you're facing in. If one of the stupid jumpscare QTEs fucks with your compass direction, either try to reorient based off walls or try to triangulate based off where you were and any near by chests, or just restart the mode and walk back.
I actually did have fun with that mode in X, we'll see about this one, though doubtful there'll be a guide this time since it's one giant lootbox.

2019-04-22 18:57:51

good job, sightless kombat. i'll update the first post.
My big disappointment, inaccessible tutorial. oh well.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2019-04-22 19:09:54

@92, cool stuff. Good job... appreciate all the information, though would've liked to know a bit more about gameplay. So far, al the bulet points you listed have been turnofs for me, other than the fact that menus are read aloud to a point and interaction cues exist. Seems to me they left out getting the most essential things to read.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-04-22 20:14:38

@97
Happy to answer what I can, what do you want to know?  I agree, for the moment none of the essential elements are read by an accessible implementation, but hopefully that'll change.  Sound design and scoring as well as voice acting are solid though and the game seems to reward a relatively patient playstyle, though anti-airing is problematic due to stubby down 2's from what I've seen.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2019-04-22 21:03:17

Great writeup Sightless.  It's going to be a long work day tomorrow.  Well thank goodness for the preview function in tutorials.  it got me through the Injustice 2 learn hub, so hopefully this one too once I'm used to stuff.
For those who are asking, the krypt is indeed third person with coordinates.  You can also reset chests, so theoretically we could navigate with patients and at least unlock some stuff.  I will not say how doable it is until trying though obviously.  I'm still working my way through the one in MKX.

2019-04-22 21:05:31

Just a progress update:
Up 7 from the default options starting point (when you press menu in the main menu) is the option to toggle match recordings.  It's off by default so I'd suggest turning that on if you want to record or analyse your matches later down the line.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.