2019-04-15 10:55:10

i guess what i mean is that assuming on previous runs i have assigned helium as long as i don't do it on the currant run it won't matter?

2019-04-15 14:13:55

Once helium is assigned it stays assigned forever unless you explicitly remove it.

2019-04-15 15:18:53

ok cool. that's what i wanted to know.

2019-04-15 15:21:11

the 1 thing i do want to know though is what are the main differences between block and health and why block isn't so important in the later game?

2019-04-15 20:36:01

@329:
Block: The amount of damage that is subtracted from the initial value. Let me give an example:
Enemy is doing 30 damage
You have 15 block.
You only take 15 damage as a result because 30-15=15.
As to the block not being important later...
Spoiler:
Past zone 60 the enemies will always go through your block and deal at least 20% of their damage no matter how high it seems to be.

2019-04-15 20:58:03

right i see. but does block still help though?

2019-04-16 16:05:27

It still helps but not as much, which is why you should not bother with shieldblock if your going past zone 60.

Btw, I've been a bit quiet since I've had such a busy week I've not had really too much time with trimps, so I just cracked through until zone 74, which was cool if hard.
I'm now though just going to do some runs to get stronger, since post zone 60 things are still a bit hairy. I'm currently on zone  54 after finishing a balance run, and will probably try either the meditation or the trimp challenge next to get some new perks.

Has anyone tried decay? The reward for that looks awesome, but the challenge itself looks tough as hell.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-16 19:21:37

so if i new i was going passed z60 don't bother with block. ok. so when the shieldblock comes up is there a way to dismiss it? or what?

2019-04-16 20:43:02 (edited by amerikranian 2019-04-16 20:43:27)

@333: The only reason why you get the shield block upgrade is because you run a map called The block. If you wish to avoid that upgrade, don't run the map. The shield seems to scale worse when it gives block anyways.

2019-04-16 20:50:52

@amerikranian, shieldblock is actually better under zone 50, especially if your not using wormholes and so likely don't  have as high equipment upgrades, indeed shieldblock equipment upgrades are slightly more useful than standard ones while your still at the stage of buying levels in equipment your usually okay.

This is why its good say if your doing a balance  or the like, though really if your not planning to go past zone 60, or even much past  your best off not using it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-17 13:51:42

well i can't remember who it was that told me about how to activate the challenges but thank you. i successfully activated the disaplin challenge, so thank you again to whoever that was that told me not to increase any pirks.

2019-04-18 05:53:09

Hmmm, not sure what you mean about not increasing any perks, unless your going for the under achiever challenge, perks are how you get better.

Well I portaled at zone 60, and now am trying again. I've just finished the meditate challenge which was very easy,and intend to see how high I can go at this point, I'd really like to get past zone 80, though we will just have to see how tough things get around the zone 60 mark.

2019-04-18 11:10:48

so once i've completed this challenge could i do it again if i so chose or not?

2019-04-18 13:33:11 (edited by Dark 2019-04-18 13:33:38)

You can repeat any challenge you want to,  but the only challenges that its really worth your time repeating are those that give a helium reward like balance, since once you've unlocked a new perk, its unlocked permanently.

2019-04-18 23:09:36

ok so as far as i know i've completed the disaplin challenge. but i can't find anything to confirm that i have actually completed it. although i do have this new thing come up called airlooms. anybody know what that is? what they are for? is that an indication of my completing that challenge?

2019-04-19 00:36:48

When you've completed the discipline challenge, you unlock a new perk. It should now show in that list.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2019-04-19 03:32:37

You will also get a log message when a challenge is complete, so take note of what zone a challenge completes on and make sure to read the log to see that completion.

Oh, and as regards heirlooms and voidmaps, nope you get those autoamtically after five portals I believe.

2019-04-19 05:38:15

Still playing that game heavily. I just passed the 10k total helium mark. I did all challenges up to the trimp challenge except for Decay which I don't have the time to micromanage.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2019-04-19 05:40:03

@greensatellite, there are some map related actions that aren't accessible. A sighted friend who is playing says he has an option to finish map after completion, that would be useful for me. Other than that I like the new herlooms screen!

Oh and I'd like to access other tooltips, especially the special effect active in the void map, the breakdown of damage, looting, production, etc.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2019-04-19 12:43:03

there is some new stuff? i havent seen it?

2019-04-19 15:31:22

ok so am not running any challenges this time but i want to see how far i can get.

2019-04-19 16:24:15 (edited by Dark 2019-04-19 16:24:36)

@Origine, a lot of extra info can still be got by mouseovering on things, EG mouseover on trimps will tell you breeding rate and stats, so until Green satellite gets around to some fixes that is always a way to check things.

In terms of maps, bare in mind that between the repeat toggle at the top of the map (just under the name and heading), and setting the number of times to repeat down at the bottom near the save link, you can often control what maps do while you idle, EG repeat for items, or repeat until ten for the 200 bonus.

The map  chamber screen is still a work in progress, indeed while there are buttons to load preset map configurations, I don't seem to be able to save quite as easily, or at least when I try saving with one of the extra option presets it doesn't take, though I gather Green satellite is having a well deserved break.

As I said, being rather busy last week I wasn't able to do as much challenge wise as I would've liked, but I do seem to be getting on. I'm currently on 34 k total helium, though I would like to try and make it to zone 80 this time around so we'll see what I get there, and the helium rewards post zone 60 really ramp up.

Thus far, I've completed discipline, size, metal, balance (twice), scientist and scientist ii, and have just finished meditation.

I will probably try Trimp next, particularly  because decay looks rather daunting, though given how quickly I got to zone 60 this time around  am probably worrying needlessly.

Indeed, I will say at this point with agility at 16, I would be struggling with the game's speed without the access fixes and summary.

2019-04-19 23:18:27

Hello everyone, I just recently started playing this game, and I quite like it. so far I have like 64 trimps, but yet I can only employ 32, why is that? and I have like 13 huts so far.

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2019-04-20 01:44:09

I have just pushed a new update for the Screen Reader version, finally addressing the Perks screen! I also generally do in-game events for holidays, and have just enabled the Easter event. This event works by occasionally putting an Easter Egg icon onto an empty space in the World map, and clicking this icon gives you either a random amount of a random resource, or a chance at Helium, Void Maps, or Heirlooms! I've taken care to set the cell that the Easter Egg spawns in to a button role, so it should be easy for you guys to find these eggs as long as you check each world once for a button icon. Let me know how this feels, I'm totally open to adding some other indicator or something if you feel it's necessary.

I also hear you all loud and clear that maps still need more love, I'll focus back on them again next.

@the best in the world Only half of your Trimps can be employed at any time, the rest are reserved for breeding and fighting. Trust me that its for your own benefit!

@Origine I'm also still trying to figure out a good way to make every tooltip in the game Screen Reader accessible. There's too many random little tooltips for me to be able to give each one special attention for a Screen Reader solution, but I'm getting close on some good ideas for a blanket fix (my best idea right now is to just make all tooltips clickables on the SR version, and have clicking them auto read like building/job/upgrade descriptions), then at that point I can go in and fix the ones that are still problems.

Since it's been a few pages since the game was linked, here's another link to the Screen Reader version of Trimps: https://trimps.github.io/ScreenReader

2019-04-20 06:35:56

I got an easter egg, but I don't know exactly what I got from it by pressing the button. Do you get told in the normal version?