2019-04-16 21:28:56 (edited by frastlin 2019-04-16 22:20:20)

Hello Ghorthalon, how did you provide status messages for loading the external audio resources for the different maps?
I'm having a problem where not all my audio resources are loading in the production build and I'm wondering how you managed to monitor all the uploads? Also, how did you list out all your assets? did you have a big file with all the imported audio files, one big audio file with a js file that had sound sprites, or what did you find to be most effective?

Edit:
I found your library:
https://github.com/Ghorthalon/agk-sound … r/index.js
and see that you had a callback for every sound. I'm guessing that you had an object that had all the sounds in that level and a bool saying if the sound was loaded, then you just got the number of objects with loaded sounds and compared that with the total number of sounds every 500 ms to get the progress bar.

I really wonder how much faster loading a single sprite source is vs a ton of smaller audio files. If it is really that much faster, then it would really be useful to have a sound sprite generator that has you upload all your sounds, then outputs a list of the sprite starting and ending points, the sound file's name as the sprite name,and a single audio file with all your sounds combined.
Here is a discussion on the topic:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/commen … le_images/

2019-04-18 18:44:28

So I'm trying this out. I'm using a different audio library that offers 3D positioning plus effects (its not FMOD, though I definitely could use that). I have a small menu going, or at least its supposed to be going. The audio library I'm using is called 'wad'. Anyway, I load it up in the browser and it plays the menu open sound, then just sits there. I can't give it any keyboard input or anything.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-04-19 05:09:42

Hello,
Just wanted to point out this little thing.
If you are using JAWS, you need to press JAWS key +z so that the browser can handle the keys. that will be NVDA + space if you use NVDA.

Regards,
Amit

There once was a moviestar icon.
Who prefered to sleep with the light on.
They learnt how to code, devices sure glowed,
and lit the night using python.

2020-04-27 17:06:28

Sorry about reviving this topic, but these modules do look interesting and I hope to start using them. I have a few questions, how evr. Has anyone made an example game using AGK yet? And when I run with the web browser, everything works fine. However, when I run the example code given with electron, I get.
[Window Title]
Error

[Main Instruction]
A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

[Content]
Uncaught Exception:
ReferenceError: performance is not defined
    at new SoundObjectItem (C:\source\js\AUDIOGAME TEST\client\index.js:3318:23)
    at SoundObject.create (C:\source\js\AUDIOGAME TEST\client\index.js:3538:20)
    at Object.parcelRequire.index.js.agk-soundobject (C:\source\js\AUDIOGAME TEST\client\index.js:3722:37)
    at newRequire (C:\source\js\AUDIOGAME TEST\client\index.js:47:24)
    at C:\source\js\AUDIOGAME TEST\client\index.js:81:7
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\source\js\AUDIOGAME TEST\client\index.js:120:3)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:968:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:986:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:816:32)
    at Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:728:14)

[OK]
Any idea what could be causing this?
Thanks!

2020-04-27 17:41:00

hi
I've made some games not really using AGK but using the systems behind it.
If you go into my github @ogomez92 you can get some code. Try the new roadsplat for instance.
It uses lots of different audiogame libraries, and I use much better coding practices than beatstar for example, so I'm learning how to be a better coder and making better games. check it out and see if you like.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-04-27 19:23:53

@30 I did actually try roadsplat, however it will not run for me. I do
$ npm start
and
$npm run
When doing
$ npm start
A window shows but nothing happens. The same goes for all of your games, minus the template, but that is hard to understand at least for me because most of it is on one line.

2020-04-27 23:30:08

The error I am getting now is:
[Window Title]
Error

[Main Instruction]
Error launching app

[Content]
Unable to find Electron app at c:\source\js\first game\client

Cannot find module 'c:\source\js\first game\client'
Require stack:
- c:\source\js\first game\node_modules\electron\dist\resources\default_app.asar\main.js
-

[OK]

2020-04-28 14:33:04

with roadsplat, try npm run start

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-04-28 14:39:52

I actually managed to fix all my errors. For roadsplat
npm install
For the game I was making
--target=electron
not
--trarget=browser
Once I figure out how all of Oriols includes work, be looking for a javascript game guide from me! smile

2020-05-10 00:44:07 (edited by amerikranian 2020-05-10 00:44:45)

So I am another idiot who apparently can't figure out how to run this.
I have installed Oriol's dependencies for npm by doing
$npm install.
I have installed parcel globally by doing
$npm install parcel -g
I can't figure out how to run the template.
Typing in
$npm run
or
$npm start
produces an application which just says "game" and doesn't react to my key presses (I'm assuming it's supposed to?)
Suggestions would be helpful. Please give as detailed instructions as possible, lol

2020-05-10 01:58:52

Update:
I did manage to get roadsplat 3d working by doing
$npm run
but the template itself still refuses to run. This is odd.