2019-04-03 17:46:16

So I'm liking beta 65 - remember, I mostly only care about battle mode - though I confess all the cards that can only be used on an ally are a bit underwhelming for me.
I've also beaten the quest mode and unlocked like four bots already. It's not hard if you create a deck that can handle it, with plenty of healing cards.

I've also created a halfway decent dice deck. About 70 cards or so, and it still needs tuning.
It has Dicemaster, of course, plus symbols for psychic, fire, water, rock and ground, plus the dice associated + dice discovery/dice recovery/healing dice. (whoa, that's an awful lot of dice in the same sentence). Once this thing gets going, it usually has levels in multiple types and can hit super-effectively (or at least neutrally) for good damage. The trick is not to use Dicemaster until you're ready to start slaughtering with dice. And okay, yes, there's some chance in it, but if you're careful, you will still usually outlast your foe and come back around.

I am now considering a bug-psychic-fairy deck with Cocoon and that move where you get health back the deeper you're asleep. Might be very well worth it, particularly if paired with Hypnotizing Dreamscape/Quiet Room.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-04-03 18:05:46

how is that gonna happen, getting heal whyle sleeping, which card?

2019-04-03 19:40:41 (edited by pulseman45 2019-04-03 19:43:21)

It is a fairy-type card called "revitalizing dream". I never tried it but Psychic/Fairy isn't bad, so I could try Hypnosis+Rest+Revitalizing Dream for example. Playing it with Cocoon instead of Rest is better but probably also much more complicated, even with symbols.
I have a normal/psychic deck that partially revolve around Swagger+Cephalalgia/Wrap Ray/Muscular Cramp, it doesn't seem so bad.
Also, Precalculus+Hypnotic Dice+Dream Eater can be quite fun when you can make it happen.
Edit: Using Cocoon+Revitalizing Dream  is probably not that complicated if your deck revolves more around Fairy than Insect.

2019-04-03 22:13:38

Cocoon is really low-level insect stuff so you don't need the entirety of a bug deck.

2019-04-04 21:32:46

So, I thought I'd try my hand at a good mirror deck.

As far as I know, it...kind of doesn't exist.

You need a lot of mirror cards in your hand for it to fire, which probably means you need Preventive Trussing and some luck. Plus you have to build up your steel level (steel symbol helps with this) in order to pull off the mirror throw/mirror repair cycle. So I guess if an enemy sits still for long enough, you might pull it off.

Issue is, steel is kind of easy to wall (electric, steel, fire, water), and those types are pretty common. Sure, it hurts like hell if you get it running, but it's not safe and it's really, really luck-based. I wish there were some more mirror cards, and I wish Mirror's Repair was a bit lower level. A couple of ideas follow:

Reflection of Self: psychic level 1; follows the number of mirror cards in the launcher's hand; grants 4 health points; launcher puts 1 mirror card in their exile (so like Floral Vitality, except for mirrors, it's a little better but you can't generate mirrors the way you generate flowers)
Unless...
Magical Shards (fairy 3): works following the number of mirror cards in the launcher's hand; takes 2 health points from the launcher; launcher gets one Mirror Shard in their hand
Mirror Shard: has a passive effect in the hand, 1 power on mirror attacks, 3 power on ray received attacks, 2 power on fairy received attacks, 2 power on psychic received attacks
So if you had a handful of those and could essentially generate them, you could make the strat really, really strong, but the bigger it got, the more vulnerable to fairy and psychic and ray attacks in general you'd get. Also, of course, it costs HP, so it's sort of like the Self-Mutilation strat, except higher payoff and higher risk.

2019-04-05 04:10:36 (edited by Chris 2019-04-05 04:13:06)

Pragma, if you ever end up creating a server application, is there a way you can prevent players from losing all their progress and data if they disconnect? The current peer to peer system is really bad about dropping everything if someone's Internet connection goes out for even a few seconds. Perhaps the server could create temporary files that store the user information so they can reconnect without losing everything. If you have to make it work with the current peer to peer system, would it be possible to store temporary player data in the Crazy Party directory of the person hosting the server?

I'd also like to see spectator mode improved. If players join battles, they can't observe the battle until the next one starts. Players should be able to spectate the moment they connect. The server host should be able to be notified and see all players connected, even if some are spectating. Currently, it only shows who is actually playing.

If chat is an issue for spectators, add an option for the game host to toggle spectator chat on or off. Of course, the host could always kick players out if it got bad enough.

Speaking of kicking, please consider adding a ban option. This would create a ban file either on the server's local computer or the server program if you end up making one. This file would include the IP addresses of the people you wanted to ban. If someone using that IP address tried to connect, the game would notify the person that he/she was banned from connecting to this server.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-04-05 04:51:13

I'm definitely in favor of a ban list. There are certain people who are spammers and cheaters who I don't want on my servers, and being able to make sure they can't join would be ideal. I know that people could use a VPN to get around it, but I don't know how invested people would be in getting around that if they can host their own servers anyway.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-04-05 17:29:52

can someone explain how the symbol card works besides just taking up space in a deck? thanks lots:) If i knew how the symbol cards work i could re integrate them into my decks:)

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2019-04-05 17:44:51

josephweakland wrote:

can someone explain how the symbol card works besides just taking up space in a deck?

One of the best uses for them is they can help you passively gain levels. If you have three of a certain type of card, your type will not go down. If you have four or more, it will go up. For example, if you have 3 fire symbol cards and a fire punch card, you will gain levels in fire regardless of what type you are.
Be aware, though, that certain cards can do damage to you based on how many symbols you have, so it's good to be careful.

2019-04-05 17:48:36

@Pragma
Wonder what your thoughts are on having an unlockable reward that stops the clock in certain minigames. There are a lot of the adventure-type ones that I really like, and I would love to have the opportunity to finish them just for the joy of it. Examples: the flying boat, oil installation, the stopwatch corridor.
If you're worried about making things too easy, you could subtract points for deaths, or you could give the player a certain number of lives.
Thoughts?
Thanks for such an awesome game!
P.S. do you take donations?

2019-04-05 20:51:32

@1871, I'm all down for that, except it shouldn't be available in the online mode.

2019-04-05 22:53:45

Hmm... maybe you could have a endless running mode, where you could switch from sidescroller to sidescroller, seeing who could complete the most minigames without dying too many times.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-04-07 16:00:50

@amerikranian
I certainly wouldn't want someone to just be able to stand there and freeze the game because they're not moving. Nor would I want to force someone to complete a level if they legit can't. I do like the idea of having something be based on lives instead of a clock for a change of pace.

@Mitch
I love the idea of an endless mode for both side scrollers and some of the south to north stuff like Running with the Bulls. Count me in for that one. Could be fun in both solo and online play.

2019-04-07 23:13:39

running with bulls is a bunch of bull cause i suck and managed to get game unlocked before being rammed lol

2019-04-08 02:21:42

I . hate . the magic clock! *laughs*

2019-04-12 03:46:32

does anyone know if in the future you will be able to have a higher number of cards then 80 in a deck?
love how the new deck manager is implemented in the game, it makes managing decks a snap

2019-04-12 04:39:28

When you have more than 80 I think it randomizes between what you put in for the match.

2019-04-19 01:38:21

Probably. I don't know if it has been posted here, but i made a playlist with most of the crazy party bgm used in the game. Check out my youtube, pika makusu

pika-san, a pokemon fan! skype: luigimax127
Discord: luigimax127#5490
Pokemon show down username: pika127

2019-04-19 02:14:22

I still hope that for a third mode, they make a Mario Kart-like game. Having a race so has powerups would be fun.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-04-19 02:30:42

Hoping before they do anything like that the board mode is drastically expanded.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2019-04-19 06:06:26

And the quest mode.

2019-04-19 23:18:46

I think it'll be hard to code

pika-san, a pokemon fan! skype: luigimax127
Discord: luigimax127#5490
Pokemon show down username: pika127

2019-04-21 03:52:48

i can't wait to find out what they put in beta 66 when its out

2019-04-21 05:16:43 (edited by Chris 2019-04-21 05:25:24)

A central server or server application please? I know I keep bringing it up, but it would make things so much easier and more enjoyable! Even if Pragma can't host a server, distributing it with the game would mean others like myself could host a central place for people to connect and play. From what I've heard, it looks like Carter and Sam are working with him, so this should be feasible if they all work together. I'm just so tired of all this port forwarding nonsense! There's no excuse for it anymore when you can buy a server for as low as $5 a month. It's also too complicated for some people to set up and isn't always possible depending on where you are.

I also think there should be more time spent on the multiplayer experience itself. Improve spectator mode so that it always lets people who connect view the current battle in progress immediately. Currently, you have to wait until the next round begins before it starts sending messages to connected spectators.
Speaking of spectators, the server owner should be notified when these people join or leave. It's a little weird not knowing if someone decides to join you until the current party is over.
Something also needs to be done about the immediate loss of data when someone is disconnected without warning. I think there should be a player file that gets saved on the server so that players can reconnect and resume playing.

Here are a few more ideas which I don't consider as important as the points above, especially the server idea.

It would be fun to have a world called the Farm, where you play a bunch of games related to managing a farm. One I'd particularly like is a cow milking game where you have to grab a bucket, walk to the cow, and then milk the cow. When you're done, go back and put the bucket away and grab another. Rinse and repeat. Perhaps in hard core mode, there could be an angry bull either chasing you or simply wandering around. That would be great! Then again, maybe that's just me. I love milk, so this would make me very happy! smile

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-04-21 06:31:01

i vish he would give a hotfix or something to fix that, fucking,  team, chat, error!