2019-04-02 06:49:16

Hi,
Just a quick post to thank Łukasz Golonka for his donations to the vault
Thank you,Łukasz, for your genourous support.
Off to upload more movies and shows to the vault
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-04-06 21:00:48

Hi Gryfindore.
I have some shows to donate to the vault, just some seasons that are missing. How do I get them to you?

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

Thumbs up

2019-04-07 06:35:14

Hi,
Thank you,abdullah alotaibi for your donation to the vault, Really appriciated.
@Guitarman, Thank you for your willingness to contribute, You could mail me with  a dropbox link or any other filehost service that you use.
I will grab them and upload them to the website
Thanks and cheers,
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-04-13 10:52:22 (edited by grryfindore 2019-04-13 10:53:25)

Hi,
important update but first,
Thank you, Zachary Kline for your donation to keep the server going.
Means a lot specially now that I probably won't have a job after end of this month and so wouldn't be able to pay out of my own pockets just in case, so far looks good, though.
Now to news and updates
We have been as always been adding more movies and tv shows, specially mitch and Kool_turk along with steve
We have been going at such a good  pace that we need to upgrade the server, as you probably may have heard me saying a thousand times. tongue
Today I was able to buy the server, and we are waiting on OS installation as I write this.
After that, we will begin the file transfer process, which isn't going to be fast with around 2TB of data that needs to be transfered
So expect some down time, but fingers crossed nothing goes wrong and we are able to pull off a perfect transfer.
Cheers and here's hoping you are having a good day, or whatever time it is that you happen to be reading this. big_smile
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-04-14 15:35:30

hi.
just of intrest approximately how many gigs do all the shows take up?.

Have a lovely day.

2019-04-15 10:05:03

Hi
Thanks, Bernd Kerseboom for your donation to the server! it helps a lot, believe you me. smile
I have brought another server but there seem to be some problems with the hosting providers, and the specs of the servers they list, so the transfer won't be taking place soon.
The server was listed as having 2X 2TB but it only seems to have 2tb instead of 4, so have put in an email to support to work it out.
Its going to be a major pain if we have to use 2 servers for storage ug.
as to the shows size question, roughly a TB, give or take a few.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-04-15 10:26:59

Would it make things easier if you used one server for movies and the other for shows?

Thumbs up +1

2019-04-15 15:18:53

Hi,
eventually they both will run out of space, but yes that could would be the approach we most likely end up with
Game of thrones season 8 episode 1 is in the process of uploading, will inform you guys when done.
should be done soon, though.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up +1

2019-04-15 15:44:27

Thank you grryfindore, Honestly the first time i saw the announcement of your project i had doubts about it, but now i see you've gone ahead and made this a reality for those in the world who can't afford to pay for streaming services for whatever reason that may be. excellent job, and thanks to all the donaters.
I'm just  sitting here waiting for that game of thrones episode, pretty hyped!
Also, i had a request, If possible please upload the orville season one and two, and the expanse season one, two and three. Never can have enough sci-fi shows! The orville specially is worth it if you can find it.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

Thumbs up +1

2019-04-15 17:32:07 (edited by grryfindore 2019-04-15 17:33:39)

Hi,
First, Game of thrones ep 8.1 is up on the server.
Now that you have clicked on the link and are waiting for the episode to download,
Thank you, Hadi for the kind words, they mean a lot.
I had doubts of it working out myself, but I decided I would do something about it rather than sit and bemoan the loss of the access to ADV content
All the people that provide me with content, donate to the server and the friend who has been helping with the site so far are the reason for it going as well as it is
  And of course, coming from a country which has nothing in terms of Audiodescribed content, and knowing many people that can either not aford to pay for services that have audio described content for one reason or the other, or people that simply don't have access at all to any audio described movies or shows where they live is the reason I decided I'd take this on.
Thank you all once again,
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up +2

2019-04-15 18:38:18

Game of Thrones?! Already? But, but... You are amazing.

Thumbs up +1

2019-04-15 19:03:03

grryfindore wrote:

Hi,
First, Game of thrones ep 8.1 is up on the server.
Now that you have clicked on the link and are waiting for the episode to download,
Thank you, Hadi for the kind words, they mean a lot.
I had doubts of it working out myself, but I decided I would do something about it rather than sit and bemoan the loss of the access to ADV content
All the people that provide me with content, donate to the server and the friend who has been helping with the site so far are the reason for it going as well as it is
  And of course, coming from a country which has nothing in terms of Audiodescribed content, and knowing many people that can either not aford to pay for services that have audio described content for one reason or the other, or people that simply don't have access at all to any audio described movies or shows where they live is the reason I decided I'd take this on.
Thank you all once again,
Grryf

wooooo. that was fast! Just watched it!
Thank you a lot, you rule. In the future if i find a way, you're on my watchlist to be donated.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

Thumbs up

2019-04-17 06:16:17

Hi,
Huge thanks to Brendan Smith and maria salazar for their donations to the vault. Thank you guys, couldn't do this without the support of people like you.
@bollemanneke, Thanks big_smile

A few more movies tv shows have been uploaded
@hadi, 2 seasons of expanse for you big_smile the rest of it should be up there, soon as well.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-04-17 07:58:28

grryfindore you are awesome! One day when I have enough money to make a meaningful donation I will definitely do so.

Thumbs up +1

2019-04-17 07:58:57

Hi.
How do we upload to the website? I have a lot of stuff lying around, but I don't have the time to check if all that already is on the site.
I hope you know what you are doing and know the rules before making such website. Especially when living in Europe, where we have extreme rules and punishments for braking those.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-04-17 11:50:32

TLJ: How about the EU first give us a legal way to get what Gryffindore is doing before bitching?

Thumbs up +1

2019-04-17 14:12:52

@slj @grryfindore I think that, someday, when the situation stabilizes, you should allow for *read only* ftp access, so that people could make mirrors of the server. I know, this will put a lot of strain on the connection, but this is a necessary evil. It might, or rather will, go down someday, probably in flames. It's too easy, too public. There should be at least a few people with the whole thing on their hard drives, so that they could re upload stuff back somewhere else when the need comes. The audio description movement should be  like a hydra. When they cut off one head, two more should grow, but in different places, and probably much less public.

Thumbs up

2019-04-17 14:55:26

I think you guys are overstating the danger here. The BMMV, Jeff's page or Ray Star's page never had any problems. No one cares about this kind of thing. Believe me, I know other websites that make far more questionnable things available and even they are mostly fine.

Thumbs up +1

2019-04-17 20:10:30

@grryfindore: Hi. I am sure this question has been asked before, but I will ask it anyway. I have a few shows that I would like to contribute as well as a few seasons of shows that you already have that are not complete. How can I get them to you?

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

Thumbs up +1

2019-04-17 20:44:24

Hi,
Let me address these in order, which I rairly do big_smile
@slj, to be honest, bollemanneke has said all that I would have, but a few things which I believe I have already communicated.
1, no one really cares, that is a Company or a corporate if they did, bmmv, jeffs page ray star's etc would have gotten hit and gone down years ago. No fat corporate wants to sue a bunch of blind people that provide audio description not available anywhere else for free to other blind people. Wouldn't reflect so well on them. Its only fearmongering and such by a few copyright trolls.
2. I am not from the Europ, the UK the US etc so I am good in that regard, too. but again, fingers crossed.
And again, Thanks @bollemanneke you said it much better than I could've have. big_smile
But yes, miki123211's idea is something I already have in mind.
  And fingers crossed we last.
@BrendanGriesel1 and anyone else wanting to get shows movies to us, should probably upload them at a filehost they are comfortable with, and mail them to me via the forums. PM's would work too, but I prefer Emails
Cheers and thanks for all the support, and the willingness to contribute to the vault.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-04-17 21:20:22 (edited by Ethin 2019-04-17 21:37:16)

@bollemanneke, cool it and stop being so damn aggressive. That was entirely unnecessary. Let people be the way they want to be. If SLJ or anyone else, for that matter) wants to caution people, or wants to be caucious in matters, that's perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong with that.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2019-04-17 21:41:32

OKay, okay, sorry, I just dislike copyright police. We all do what we can, but if in 2019 they still fail to give us one central system for these things, too bad.

Gryffindore, don't hesitate to ask me for uploads contained in the list I e-mailed you a few weeks ago. I'm not going to upload everything regardless, though, (bandwith, you knw) so thought a list would be easier.

Thumbs up

2019-04-17 21:56:57

@247, we all dislike copyright police. I fully understand that, and I fully understand how frusrating it can be to not have a centralized resource for hese things, or to have a resource as we do but to deny particular people or countries it for one reason or another. But SLJ's post was more of a caution of sorts; he was pretty much saying, "Are you sure that you've triple-checked everything?" That's perfectly reasonable. Everyone needs that kind of caution in their lives.
Personally I don't feel that anyone is overstating the dangers regarding copyright though. From my POV the only reason no big corp's have come down on us is because either (1) we don't represent anything significant to them, or (2) we're so unknown that said big corp's don't even know we exist. I figure its the former, not the latter.
Also... a security mantra... switch to HTTPS, please. I know, I know, wine at me for suggesting that. But it will take you no time, and if people use a browser like Brave configured to not download from insecure sites.... yeah. I have to wget it all the movies. And we all know how well wget works when downloading files with no extension. big_smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2019-04-17 22:20:59

I used to have the described version of Star wars a new hope lying around somewhere, however that sadly went with my last laptop.  Is there any way to rip tracks from bluerays?  I'm having a nightmare actually playing them on a computer as is, and I have an external player that cost me a fair chunk.

Thumbs up

2019-04-18 07:07:20

Hi,
  @bollemanneke, Thank you, however could I please ask you to get the list to me again? the laptop I had it on seem to die on me every few months. ug.

Ethin, no need to jump down bollemanneke's throat like that, So far things have been civil and lets keep it that way.
SLJ was worning or cautioning, and we took it as such, I don't see anything that bollemanneke said that could said to have been riding SLJ, all he did was make a comment about the EU is all, just a slight misunderstanding, I am sure here. big_smile
As to corporations, I'd say its a combination of those 2 things.
SSL is something I'll look into, but to be perfectly honest with you, not very high on my list of things to be done, content first, everything else later. Not saying no here, but I'll get to it in time. smile

and If people can,  I ask you to just get what you want to actually listen to, and try and not download the whole server in one go.

@dan_c, I am sure there's a way to rip blueray's, but sinse I haven't owned one ever, someone else here hopefully would be able to help you out better.
But I think I have that movie and I'll get it on the vault soon. smile
Hope you all are having fun and have your headphones on,
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up