2019-04-15 20:20:31 (edited by JoWier 2019-04-15 20:25:31)

hi there.
I got this idea from one of my friends who's taking part in this programming parttime job or something.
i'm 15, and my summer wacations star from mid may.
i was thinking, how about utilize the time and earn a little money.
this is likely to give me exposure for future endevers as well.
Thing is, i'm not llikely to get any outdoors jobs since india isn't very blind-supportive, honestly.
so could any of you suggest a kind of  part-time work i could undertake? i'd say may be 2 hours a day.
will be greatly appriciated.
ps. i realise that this is a very, very, vague request but i'd be glad to clerify and go into more details if yall want, more about my intentions etc.
edit:
i guess i should throw this in.
Well, i'm more towards tech. so i could take part in programming type jobs, as well as sound design stuffages.
Those are some specific fields i'm more interested in, but any normal common job should be doable i suppose.
regards.
aarush

Abay chal.

2019-04-15 21:41:29

That's fucked up, I know your mind and how it works and that's just... I mean its funny but it's fucked up.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-15 21:50:46 (edited by Ethin 2019-04-15 21:52:31)

@1, you do realize that a fifteen-year-old has almost literally no hope of getting a programming job, even part-time? I've done a hell of a lo of research into programming jobs, as I'm working on attaining the required qualifications, and I have not seen a single one that does not require a bachelor's degree, master's degree or P.H.D. in computer science. Granted, that's in the US, but I would assume (hopefully rightfully so) that that applies pretty much universally. Tech support certainly doesn't sound appealing to me... but that's me.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-04-16 08:16:54

When I first saw the post, I was thinking of tech suport also, you know why lol.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-04-16 12:17:10

You have the same sort of issue in the UK as regards experience with anything to do with programming, you will always need more qualifications and/or experience.

Most teenaged jobs over here tend to be of the very basic sort, like weighting tables or working in a shop, the sort of thing blind people aren't liable to get hired for, plus of course, you have the problem that since your effectively working as a miner, minimum wage doesn't apply (there are several horror stories in the UK of teens being paid a pittance and then let go as soon as they approach their eighteenth birthday).

If you were over here your best bet would probably be a modern apprenticeship, but this usually starts off part time and then turns into a major on the job training later on. I have heard of people who got into more tech orientated jobs that way, but of course your still facing the prejudice about blind people, and of course, if your going that route your pretty much giving up all hope of going to university, though as going to university just  days is a way of getting in debt that probably isn't such a bad thing, assuming that said company don't just land you straight into a middle management position post apprenticeship and your pretty much stuck with no prospects because you have no training or experience outside that company.

Summary! The world is a shitty place run by bastards!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-16 12:50:28 (edited by JoWier 2019-04-16 12:54:13)

lol guys.
yall have the wrong idea, i think. its not like i'm desperately after money. twas just an idea. mainly cause one of my friends went for one so i thought why not. would be fun. .
i have better things to do then desperately cry money money money!
thanks for all your feedback now though.

Abay chal.

2019-04-16 12:52:01

also at 6: +1!
and yes, i do want to go for a university for sure. this is just something i planned as a shortterm thing. m planning to apply for MIT after school.
also, sorry for double posting.

Abay chal.

2019-04-16 14:23:50 (edited by Ethin 2019-04-16 14:27:46)

@8, MIT? Woe, man! Give yourself time to take your ACT and/or SAT first, and to learn more, before you just select MIT! I remember once when I wanted to go to MIT. Then I saw their requirements and I was like, Uh... nope. (For reference, https://mitadmissions.org/apply/process/stats has a set of statistics that will give you more info. According to that page, the 25th and 75th percentiles for tests are[780, 800] for SAT math, [720, 770] for SAT ERW, [34, 36] for ACT Math, [35, 36] for ACT English, and [34, 35] for ACT Composite. There used to be a page where it listed how many people of a particular score range were accepted; I have o idea where it vanished off to though...)

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-04-16 15:05:24

i just deleted my post because i thought it'd be offensive to some people, no offense aarush bro i was just kidding.

2019-04-17 10:45:21

So I just got a job as a translator for some people, I translate from english to romanian as of now, so do not jump on my horible spelling cause I do not have to write in english.
smile
I will though when  I will get a braille display.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-04-17 11:21:01

honestly their are not much jobs for 15 year olds, I have aalso wasted my time finding this,
if you are desperet then, I have watched so many advertisements, which clames that you can earn money just by playing games, and quiz's.
and, I am also from india,
I tryed an application:music cash, in which you get questions related from the music from a particular video clip, you get 30 seconds on each question. you can play that every hour once, when you will be able to collect 500 rupees, then you can transfer that money to your paypal account, but, I don't have paypal so I lost my 230 rupees on that application, so, kan't say it works or not.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2019-04-17 11:23:40

you can also write for this web sight,
https://www.cracked.com/
but, you need paypal account, give it a try.
sorry for double posting.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2019-04-17 14:46:20

Hi.
I just found this thing interesting. I'm 19 now, and though I'm working as a sound designer for local radios in my country, I want to earn a little more money. I could translate text from english to spanish and stuff, edit audio, record voices in english and spanish and... um... basically that.
My titles nowadays are:
1. Degree bachelor in sound design. I actually got this one by 2 or 3 years and ñeh.
2. Graduate degree in locusion. I got this one since a year and a halph.
And I'm not exactly a writer, nor a translator, but I do know english and spanish and have obtained also recently my suficiency in it.
Can anyone recommend me any pages that I could sighn up to work for this kind of stuff?
Thanks!
Take care.
Mike.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!