2019-04-16 00:37:31 (edited by masonian 2019-04-23 05:40:44)

I've been holding onto this one for about 4 months, and I've finally got done a lot of what I wanted to get done for a concept demo release.

A lot of it was procrastination. Oh well.

Announcing Shooter, Concept Demo!

What is it?

It's a side scroller beat-em-up game in the style of TBR, SBP offline, SBRW, and more! It contains elements from some or all of these games, and will contain more things as time goes on.
From the read me:
It's a basic side scrolling shooter game, hence the title. What's unique is that it saves the entire state of the game on quit. You have everything from mines, time bombs, weapons, a dynamic map, player upgrades, and more!
If you keep playing, you'll unlock new items as you play!

This is still in very early stages.

Plans for the future
*Cross Platform functionality (Windows, Mac, Linux). Tested on all 3, works. Windows and Mac build available.
More skills for upgrading your character.

Wanna download it and give it a try?

Windows:
http://masonasons.me/softs/ShooterCD.zip

Mac:
http://masonasons.me/softs/ShooterCDMac.zip

Remember, this is a concept demo, things are subject to change, and this is only a proof of concept. Enjoy!

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

2019-04-16 01:23:44

got fatal error when pressing enter after dead

Thumbs up

2019-04-16 01:52:31

Thanks. I forgot to import sys somewhere

2019-04-16 02:49:08

checking; it; out!

yo! this is mike hear and I am playing a kiching gulfer game: if you enjoy my post; please leave a thums up!

Thumbs up

2019-04-16 02:51:33

Sounds interesting. Will check it out when i can.

2019-04-16 03:03:25

So is this actually a beat em up or a shoot em up? The first group has stuff like double dragon, final fight and streets of rage to its name, where your main objective is to go from left to right clearing waves of enemies with your feet and fists with the occasional melee weapon such as a baseball bat or katana. The shoot em up genre has stuff like contra or metal slug where your objective is to make your way from left to right, blasting your way through enemy with your guns picking up upgrades along the way. When I play games like the ones you mention in post 1, I think shoot em ups, because the majority of your time is spent with a gun, and because your enemies are all armed to the teeth with projectile weapons, it is generally not a good idea to try and take them on with just your feet and fists.

Thumbs up

2019-04-16 03:09:47

It's a little of both, actually.

2019-04-16 03:31:30

This game has some balancing problems...

Ivan

2019-04-16 05:16:31

Hi,
As I said in post one, it is a proof of concept, and there are bound to be issues.

I just posted a quick update fixing some fatal errors. Same link.

2019-04-16 05:25:34

a suggestion, can you make it play a sound when we level up? also the name gun is funny.

it's challenge not chalange

2019-04-16 05:29:21

another suggestion, make it that it saves our level, because eg if you are level 69 you spent hours playing the game you need to be able to save your game and don't lose your level when you die.

2019-04-16 08:54:20

it's grate; the only problom I have is some faytle errors

yo! this is mike hear and I am playing a kiching gulfer game: if you enjoy my post; please leave a thums up!

Thumbs up

2019-04-16 10:30:26

I don't know, but some items I can't picked up.

Music is the language of the universe.

Thumbs up

2019-04-16 10:32:41

same here when you exit and launch the game while you are still alive you can't pick some items.

2019-04-16 16:45:42

Hi.
I am experiencing the same item problem...
I am a bid sad I can't even dodge the bullets, because, well, the bullets aren't implemented... big_smile
But other than that, I like it.
I hope next weapons / items will be added after level 20, and maybe some flying enemyes or fire pits, some other challenges...

Thumbs up

2019-04-16 17:43:55

and if you will make map more bigger i will happy dude thanks.

love is nice. If someone is against of it, don't listen to them. You must listen to your heart

Thumbs up

2019-04-16 17:52:41

bullets are still not a thing, when you shoot it gos tward the all sides, how cool i wish that happens hre too lol

Thumbs up

2019-04-16 18:57:16

do we really need another one of these?
We allready have tbr, sbrw, sb, etc... Why?

yo! so I'm working on programing, it's really hard. But I'll tell you where you can contact me if your stupid enough to do so.
Contact information:email: [email protected]
I'm usually found on online games, chatting, and being warned bye admins for talking to much, f**k you admin!

2019-04-16 19:05:26

Idk if I want to throw this game to the sb old titles...
But, the SBRW sound pack thing will be cool tough. big_smile  It will be cool to make your own enviromments, and some crime hunter objects, for example that  timing blades or what ever it's called...

Thumbs up

2019-04-16 20:17:57

We didn't have a game like this which saves map condition when you quit.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-04-16 20:25:53

wow. interesting. checking it out

2019-04-17 01:36:23

I like this, a couple suggestions though. First, when you start out, you don't know when they can shoot you, so I recommend adding a gun handling sound, like a cock or even draw from sling if it's a rifle, etc. This would be just as they're about to enter shooting range. Also regarding ambushes, I think if one spawns, any other items on the map that are ambushes should change their type or disappear so you don't go under two or more at once, because even if you use timing and stuff to your advantage, you're taking like 8 different shots by 8 different guys and you'll just get minced rather quickly.

Ironcross is here to expose the fakes and phonies,
Suss out the wheat from the chaff, the cheddar from the bologna,
I'm a superhero, y'all fools needa know this,
So if you on the other side of right, prepare for a fight no one will ever miss.

Thumbs up

2019-04-17 03:48:44

@10, I think it does?
@11 it does, just not when you die.
@12 try the 0.31 version?
@13 and @14 known bug with saving.
@15 pits of some kind are planned, as well as new weapons.
@16 I planned to make the map bigger, but not sure what I should add past the river. Suggestions?
@17 this was kinda my first project in python, so sorry that the bullet code isn't so fancy. I can at least make them directional, though at some point. lol
@18, noone's asking or forcing you to play it
@19 Ooh, good idea for the blades. The game probably won't have custom anything.
@22 good ideas. Will find a work around for the ambushes, as the items generate their number on pickup, which can obviously be changed.

OK, here's my current todo list
enlarge the map
timed blades
directional bullets
pits
new weapons
fix bug with saving and items
somehow make game save after dying
Add enemy about to shoot you/spotting sounds.
modify item system to not spawn multiple ambush items at a time.

2019-04-17 07:02:28

consider adding some deserted field or what ever if you want to inkrease the size of the map

Thumbs up

2019-04-17 10:50:35

hey,

I really like this thing, I am now level 40 and it is still fun to play. I think there is much potential, so I'm looking forward to mroe upgrades.

- Eagle Ear Entertainment
Visit us on
Twitter
YouTube