2019-04-15 21:14:06

I just reseaved word that the Iconic Church that has stood for more than 800 years is burning tonight.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2019-04-15 22:20:42

From several sources.....there may not be much left come the morning. The spire and roof collapsed, the stained glass windows have melted....this was of an hour and a half ago. So not sure what the current situation is

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2019-04-15 22:44:52

BBC coverage here for UK viewers (for the live coverage): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47941794

Also on Linux natively

2019-04-15 23:44:54

This is terrible. What a great shame.

2019-04-16 00:29:26

This breaks my heart!
I did read that they've managed to save a lot of the treasures that were inside.
From the descriptions I've read, it was a thing of such beauty!

2019-04-16 02:48:15

How did this happen though, like, was it arson? I know Paris is a pretty crime-ridden city. Either way, it's certainly a shame.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-16 02:52:58

That's what no ones looking at right now. How the hell did this shit happen to begin with? My money is either on some idiot was in the rong place at the rong time and dropped something  flammable into something flammable igniting the entire thing. Or perhaps someone was just feeling mean.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-04-16 03:34:36

They said that it started after they closed and after all the tourests had left for the day.

Bitcoin Address:

2019-04-16 10:05:13

@8: I must have missed that bit, though it was a working cathedral in the run up to Easter. There were for a few minutes (going by conflicting reports) claims it started while the cathedral was still open, though like ya said that seems to have been ironed out. Also yes, the treasures were saved thankfully. As was part of the building. It was a true thing of beauty, a symbol of both France and Paris, along with the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Trionphe.

Also on Linux natively

2019-04-16 11:10:36

Am I the only one who thinks this  might have been the work of terrorists?

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-04-16 11:28:40

I suppose it's possible that the fire was started by terrorists, and I admit that was one of the first things that came into my head. However, I'd think they'd be bragging about it by now if that was the case. There have been rumors that the fire was somehow connected with the renovations that were going on, but who knows. I'm just glad noone was injured or killed.

2019-04-16 12:23:18

This is bloody awful, especially I'll say as someone with  a bit of a fondness for old cathedrals.
When I read this topic last night I went and checked the bbc website then my lady and I checked sky and bbc news on the Alexa and were both amazingly sad.

as to causes of the fire, last I heard nobody is jumping to any radical conclusions about terrorists or the like, the most likely explanation seems  to be a really serious accident with the renovation work, like the Grenfell tower over here two years ago, probably just really bad luck and/or bad design.

After all, 12th century buildings weren't exactly made with modern fire safety standards.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-16 17:13:51

Well, it doesnn|t seam to be a terror attack, at leased to me, the mode operandi doesn|t fit there, wouldnt terrorists blow the building sky high with other people in it? a saboutage atempt might be possible, but it is known that they were doing renovations in the roof section of the building where the fire broke out.
One hilarious thing though is the suggestion by a certain figure of politics which coincedentelly can be called the name of a Greenday album released in 2004. He suggested that air water tankers could be used to clear the fire.
Yeah Mr greenday album, with such an old building, totally a good solution.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-04-16 21:59:37

I thought it was a good idea.

Bitcoin Address:

2019-04-16 23:14:11 (edited by sightlessHorseman 2019-04-16 23:16:06)

buddy, it aint.

Do you know with which velocity the water is catapulted from the tanks of those planes? It would get rid of the fire, no question, but i think the plan was to let most of the cathedral standing afterwards.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.