2018-12-17 19:42:33

bookrage wrote:

I disagree with you guys on this one about not charging us about it even though development has stopped.

Take for example the original Red, Blue, and Yellow Pokémon games this game was inspired by. If you were to find the cartridges today in some store, you would have to pay for them to play them, even though Nintendo has long-since stopped interacting with the Gameboy and the original versions of those games. However, they are complete products even though development on them is no longer a thing nor are they associated with any new products like the Gameboy player for the gamecube or anything like that.

Manamon is no longer undergoing changes, but it is a complete game that a person invested a lot of resources in. Just because it no longer updates doesn't mean it ins't complete. You paid for a complete game and you are still getting one, just one that doesn't have a future in that form. Doesn't keep you from having fun on it though.

So Erin has the right to charge for this game, even though they are no longer updating it. It is just like when a major game company stops making a particular game cartridge, they still can and should charge for it if they so like.

You may be right there, but to that end, the only people making the money off of that game are either a) the original buyer or b) the store owner that you're purchasing it from. One more thing to note - you aren't paying full price for a game that is years old.

And, one more thing. I wouldn't be harping so much here if it wasn't for the fact that this game is digital. I went back and looked at this developer's posts and he has went completely radio silent on this forum, despite the myriad of suggestions given in this topic. A quick patch could fix all of this and make this, if not completely, a fairly unique game from an audiogames perspective. I say fairly because of all of the obvious pokemon references, but still.

I get that folks get busy with real life. But at the same time, you created a game, you charged money for it, and we're still paying $40.00 2 years later to play it, despite absolutely 0 changing in the last year. Frustrating not to hear a thing from a developer, even if it is just development or progress ramblings on things they're working on. It doesn't give me much hope or feeling that I am actually cared about or included.

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2018-12-17 20:50:57

Steam doesn't stop charging for Digital game downloads after development has stopped either, so my point still holds. And in many cases, digital releasers like the consoles or Steam do not reduce prices either so my point works, even without a cartridge or physical disk.

2018-12-17 21:50:04

Actually yeah, they do. lol Games start going down in price give or take a year after initial release, more if they're not being developed any more.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-21 23:30:16

bookrage wrote:

Steam doesn't stop charging for Digital game downloads after development has stopped either, so my point still holds. And in many cases, digital releasers like the consoles or Steam do not reduce prices either so my point works, even without a cartridge or physical disk.

They don't stop charging, but they also lower the price. A game that was $60 on first release can be had for less than 20 dollars a year or two after its initital release.

One prime example of this is 7 days to die, which I got for under $15 and it was original right around 35 dollars.

I understand that we're a small market, but $10-15 off if the game isn't going to be developed anymore isn't a lot to ask and may sway potential buyers toward it.

If not that, get on these forums and tell us of the status of vg-storm, its progress, what future plans are, something. Show us you're actively developing *something* so we know we're not throwing money at a dead horse. Because I truly love the games I've bought from this company but I don't want to see it drop off the face of the earth after I spent hard earned money on something.

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2018-12-22 03:03:09 (edited by Socheat 2018-12-22 03:03:37)

And, he haven't update the unknown gifts, either. So the unknown gifts became known gifts.

2019-04-12 00:56:16

of course He will do that.  because he became crazy about the community. and  people asking him to make his games free.

2019-04-12 02:58:00

A lot of games just came out recently the price came down $30. Only six months ago. So he should reduice half price and it's almost twy years old.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2019-04-12 12:21:28

Personally, I know it's a minor thing, but having to flag something I payed for as an exception to my virus protection program is a problem.  I love the game, but I don't like having to do that.

2019-04-12 12:34:57

Well well. this game needs a really big update, new maps, and that we can get all manamons offline without internet, because this game does not have server so you have to create it, and I can't because of the router.

2019-04-12 12:40:20

same   problem.
I don’t think he will   update it any more because  the website is not updated.  so  he  leave the developers community

2019-04-13 04:38:13

I notice that. Personally I love the game, but, I just wish more update to the content.

2019-04-14 14:37:51

Guys, even his website needs updates, and he didn't update it. So why should he update those games for us? smile

You guys have to live with that.

2019-04-14 14:48:04

i think aron has given up on this game and his website

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-04-14 16:16:16

Maybe he have family or girlfriend problem. That's why he disappear?

2019-04-14 17:11:27

He says it’s because of his job, which might be true. Still, i don’t think it’s exactly fair to charge so much for something you know you won’t be able to support properly. Idk who we’re kidding though, coming from someone who knows him, he’s the type that’d do anything for money. Just look at psyco strike.

2019-04-14 17:47:43

That's why our blinds community doesn't trust any developers.

2019-04-15 06:10:11

while I understand that erin might have a job, I really don't understand why that should keep him from popping in every once in a while to let us know he is still here but that he is busy. If he's not planning on working on the game anymore I think he sshould just make it free.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2019-04-15 14:02:48 (edited by Vulcan 2019-04-15 14:06:43)

I understand that people here are upset that he has not been working on manamon.  I am as well, but asking for it to be free, No! No! No!  That is like asking Konami, Sony, and Nintendo to
make all the stuff they no longer update to become free.  How about just lowering the price?  40 dollas is terribly expensive for an audio game.  I think 20-25 would have been a good range for his fun but flawed buggy games.  Complaining over and over and over will not bring an update to life, and as for post #3,766, can you explain further?  Having the ability to connect to a central server would be nice, and or beeing able to catch all manamon off line would also be nice.  has anyone knoticed that the unknown gift is still the same?  Does anyone have the lunar that was a gift a while back?  and if so at what level?  I would like to get it at the level it was given so that i could train it myself.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2019-04-30 14:35:19

Guys don't judge on someone you've never seen or even talked to, it's not nice and nonsense.
I wrote to VG storm about  a month ago, they told me that they don't wanna say if they're working on any  project or not, but he definitely hopes to offer  some new games in the future.
I agree manamon could get a bit cheaper since it's not being deweloped anymore but in the other hand manamon is one of the best audiogames ever created, without any doubt, and it really deserwes to be at a price, even so high price.

Stella rossa di Belgrado
We Love you Red Star, we do

2019-04-30 15:26:21

Well, I can agree definitely but one of the best audio games? Hmm, not really but it's probably a matter of opinions. Sound design is nice, story is... well, nothing special. Besides it's more or less Pokemon clone it's totally unbalanced with non-working online features which are breaking the game.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-04-30 19:07:17

It saddens me to read some of these comments. Creating a game, even if using resources probably starts out as a fun project you'll get paid for, then, you start getting told "fix this," "fix that," "change this," "change that," and make it cheap/free. I feel like some should just make there own, better, and free game that they can keep improving on for the rest of their lives so everyone else can be happy, maybe.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2019-05-01 07:15:21

Yeah, BK3, Shadow rine, two excellent examples of free games with tons of updates after release date, huge games compared to VGStorm's productions in terms of quality and mechanics.
And no, I am not a person who is not buying games. I have huge collection on Steam library, Supporting ambitious projects is amazing and yeah, I purchased Manamon just to realise it was a wrong move. The game is amazing just for one playthrough. After that I realised how unbalanced it is, how many repetitive stuff iit contains and the game is definitely over-priced.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-05-01 07:34:50

Agreed Lirin. And also a dev should support their project, and improve upon it. Not aadopt a release and forget cycle.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2019-05-01 18:45:59

A lot of the "fix this" and "change that" calls, at least for this game, are because quite a few of the characters and moves are just renamed mix and match versions of the same crap. If it's not that, then it's because some of the moves have an accuracy penalty for what looks like no good reason. That means that a normal fight could be anything from a one hit kill to an epic knock down drag out brawl based solely on dumb, blind, random luck. That starts to really grate the further along you go. If it's not either of those things, then it's probably the goofy spelling errors and silly grammar mistakes that you'll see sprinkled throughout. As for whether the game should be free or sold at a lower price, well, that's the developer's choice. As long as people continue to buy his games, he gets money for simply having them available for download on a server. To that end, why change it?

2019-05-05 22:10:35

I have a question. I think it's been asked before but ...

Yes, Manamon needs updates.
Yes, Manamon could be better.
Will repeating the same complaints over and over and over again when the developer has no interest in listening to this commentary do any good at all? As for pricing ...
Well, it's his game. As such, he has the right to set his own price, and he certainly isn't obligated to make his product free if people are still paying for it. People who make free products usually make small projects that they do for fun, or their games are made free due tosome other circumstance such as being listed as abandonware. While it would be nice if more things could be added--more realistic Manamon sounds (by which I mean sounding more like animals and less like machines; think Murkit) and voice acting and a deeper story, for example, at the end of the day, this is still the developer's game and as such, all the complaining in the world won't sway him if he isn't here to listen, much less say anything.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134