2019-04-14 08:44:28 (edited by Shin_Goenitz 2019-04-15 00:11:09)

Hi there!

I was a prolific audio gamer back in the day (as you can see my account was created in 2006 and it was back then I was at my most prolific) but I've completely fallen behind on what's new, cool and/or hip in the world of audio games. So I was wondering if any of you guys have any good recs for cool, fun or interesting games for the Mac?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I'm pretty much open for everything as long as it has replay value.

Edit: when I created this topic I unfortunately wrote IOS when I meant the OS. Hence, the replies are based on that misconception but games for the IOS will also suffice.

V

2019-04-14 23:07:02

Hi.

Are you looking for Mac or Ios? There is a lot of good stuff available for the Iphone, but for the mac you might have a bit more trouble as there is far less available there.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-15 00:00:37 (edited by Shin_Goenitz 2019-04-15 00:09:04)

Oh I'm sorry, major fuckup there! I was supposed to write OSX but an I possibly snuck its way in. Anyways, recommendations for both Mac and the iPhone would have been greatly appreciated since I have both!

V

2019-04-15 01:11:01

All I see is macOS, which is correct.
You should try out Dark Defender, Cyclepath, and The Great Toy Robbery, as well as Beatstar.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-04-15 03:39:05

Okay, well I'm less familiar with mac games since I'm still on windows, and so I haven't been keeping track of mac releases, of which there have not been many, indeed Mac wise most of your available games will be things like browser games and muds which are platform independent.

Ios wise however there is lots of stuff around, even if  several landmark titles have been lost to Apple's ruthless update policy.

If you want a great arcade title, try Feer, an absolutely awesome game about avoiding zombies.
There are a few audio adventures and 3d first person games kicking around such as a blind legend, blindside and the eerplay titles,. as well as several audio adventures rom ticon blu such as the inquisitor series and the space invaders game space encounter, but the  where the Iphone exells are in rpgs, gamebook adventures and strategy games, especially since voiceover can be used to create very accessible games.

Rpg wise there is the very awesome king of dragon pass and its sequel six ages, though these are pretty in depth. There is then the more casual rpg land of livia, the extremely good strategic battle game path of adventure, and the two very dark text rpgs a dark room and the ensign.
There is then the stratogy war game a few minutes of glory, and Nano empire from the same developer, as well as the strategic card game lost cities, and the rather unique puzzle collection black box.

If you want pure strategy, you could try the very awesome knight commander and crafting kingdom, as well as the other titles from woodside aps which range  a completely accessible tetris game, to a version of mine sweeper and a word search puzzle.

if your looking for interactive stories, there is a host of amazing stuff from choiceofgames and hosted games (also available online), and the delight games library, not to mention the phenomenally awesome timecrest.

there are then the two great social hub collections, gmaeworld and diceworld, which let you play games from ludo to word searches to trivia questions to a host of dice games across the internet, and a large selection of titles from Blindfold games which run the gammet from traditional games to sports and arcade titles and usually make interesting use of the Iphone's hatpics, though beware since some of these can be quite pricey.

There are probably some I'm missing, and a few, such as the first person adventures from somethinelse which are sadly unavailable now, but these are the ones that immediately occur to me at this point.

Hth.

Also note that www.applevis.com  is a site devoted to discussion of accessible aps for Ios and mac, containing podcasts and other information, so that  also come in handy.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-16 05:52:30

Thanks for the reply, guys! Yeah, you saw Mac since I edited the subject of the topic
@dark I know of AppleViz.

V

2019-04-17 01:05:32

There's also Change Reaction and Silver Dollar for the mac, from Draconis. Change Reaction is expanded into a pretty impressive game with more replay value and modes, and Silver Dollar is pretty much a tossed salad of in-jokes surrounding the Silver Dollar saloon from Draconis/ESP's past, for most of us a trip down memory lane, namely the Brawling game (whoopass/Christmas SWhoopass, proving yourself a gunslinger, and trying your luck at the one-armed bandit.) Nice little time-waster there.

2019-04-17 08:20:38

Beatstar is available for the mac, as well.

www.oriolgomez.com

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-04-17 09:14:19

I've never used a mac so don't know anything about this, but you might want to check this article to play windows games on your mac:
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/2064 … l-machine/

2019-04-19 14:05:47

Thank you very much for the replies guys! I only have gotten to play Cyclepath so far but this sure was an extremely addicting little thing with a lot of replay value, just what I was looking for! Loved it! I'll check out some of the other stuff this easter methinks. Again, thanks guys!

@Jack I'll certainly begin with the Silver dollar game since I used to love that running joke back in the day. That saloon popped up in a lot of their games and a good running gag can't be repeated to often in my opinion.

V