2019-04-14 13:35:13

Hello everyone

I'm sorry to disturb you, but I have a strange problem with VIP MUD. I play on the Pokemonfusion mud, and I used the easy script builder method to create a lot of sounds triggers for the game. It worked perfectly well till now.
I wanted to optimise some of the triggers, so when VIP MUD was closed I went in the .set file with my character name and I changed some of the triggers in this file. And now, When I lounch the game, all my triggers, keys and alias are gone... They're still in the file, but nothing works.
If you've any idea, it would be great, cause there's a lot of triggers and I've not the courage to rebuild all that stuff...
Thanks in advance, and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Rubyel

2019-04-14 14:43:33

how did you eeven get validated? when i am on theres no wiz on

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-04-14 15:04:39

What's the meaning of this? I got validated because I signed up, and I introduced myself as asked... And I don't understand the word wiz, (English is not my first language), but I guess it's not a good thing?
And I also don't understand why all of asudden someone asked me how I got validated, since it's not my first post on the forum.

best regards,

Rubyel

2019-04-14 15:15:18

Hello @Rubyel.
Welcome to the forum. While I may not be able to help you with your triggers issue, I can try and give you a few tips which might help members solve your problem.
1. Are you familiar with Vipmud's scripting language? If so, then you could look at your .set file and see if there are any pieces of code that may make your triggers fire correctly.
2. You could copy the .set file on here, and someone more adept at the language could look at it and help you.
I play with Vipmud myself, and while I'm not too picky about scripting, I love the ease of using it.
I hope I have been helpful to you.

2019-04-14 15:30:57

Thank you for your answer, I'll follow your advice. I won't copy the text file here, because it's a rather long one. and if there's a mistake in it, I can't see it myself.
You're right, if someone more qualified than me wants to check out this there's the link for downloading my script file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dy2t5z32ru1y … i.set?dl=0
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Rubyel

2019-04-14 17:15:56

Are you getting any errors? Just glancing through, I don't see anything immediate, but your file path doesn't generally need to start at C:, it automatically should start at vipmud/sounds.

thanks,
Michael

2019-04-14 17:52:14

error404

2019-04-14 19:52:31

The problem is, I don't get an error, it's just that anything works anymore... I guess I made a sintax mistake or something like that, but could it break the all file?
Thanks for the path though, if I write commands myself and I don't use the easy script builder I'll remember that.

best regards,

Rubyel

2019-04-14 20:06:17

i can make a soundpack for that gaem if i manage to understand it, lol,

2019-04-14 20:56:20

It's not easy to handle at the beginning, the commands aren't very intuitive... It's easier if you know the pokemon games in general.
Building a sound pack would be great, it's precisely what I'm trying to do... If it worked well I could make it for everyone interested, and if anyone is up to help with this it would be great. I'm not a programer, so I try and make things as best as I can but I'm sure it would be more effiscient if it were made by someone who actually knew coding better than me.

best regards,

Rubyel

2019-04-14 21:36:56

So, it's getting more and more strange... After testing, most of my triggers are working, but some of them are saved in the character.set file but are not in the trigger list that you have when you hit control shift T in the cliant... It seems that those I made yesterday are in the file but aren't seen by the cliant, and therefore, I've the impression all the aliases and keys that are ater those lines aren't working anymore... I hope that was clear, I don't know precisely how to explain it better.

2019-04-14 22:32:50

VIPMUD is so freaking weird, this is why I don't use it, because it makes no sense, it never seems to do what you expect, or wish it to do, and it's clunky and laggy. I wish I knew of a way to fix it, but since I never got it to work well, I'm not sure myself.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-14 22:57:04 (edited by omer 2019-04-14 22:57:45)

vipmud has a trigger limit onn a set file, try moving them to a diffrent file can fix the problem.
i'M going to create a char tomorrow or so, well, lets see what  happens, honestly i prefer creating a pack for a game taht i enjoy, i hope i enjoy it rofl, i like the pokemon games so, haha

2019-04-14 22:59:46

with wiz i ment admins, in games they are knone as wizzards or thats what i think someone toled me

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-04-14 23:31:26

yeah wizard, wiz, admin, etc. all the same, MUD talk.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-15 22:18:18

Hello there
Thanks for all the ideas, I'll check with a new file and see if it solves the problem.
Thanks for the meaning of wiz, I didn't know this word at all ^^
I've another question though... Is there a other way to create a sound pack for a mud except by creating set files? If someone could explain, or tell me where I can find out how it works... I red the documentation of VIP MUD, but it only describes how to create sound triggers by the script builder or with the editor.

best regards,

Rubyel

2019-04-15 23:04:26

I find it easiest to just write my own .set files in notepad then just call them through the mud.set file.

thanks,
Michael

2019-04-15 23:18:40

Ok, I understand... Maybe I'll try that, but I find it tidious to get all the paths and write them into the files ^^ Yes I admit it, I'm a little lazy ^^
atleast, I'm for now.
Thanks again for the answers, and have a nice day or night, depending on where you leave!

best regards,

Rubyel