2019-04-14 00:49:50

Hi all, there are two versions of quest found at http://www.textadventures.co.uk and I am unable to use any of them. The program has unlabeled edit boxes and is virtually impossabil to navigate and use and as far as the online editor, I cant tell what goes where. Can someone please help me do extencive research into this problem? It is supposed to be accessabil for blind users. But it has plagued me for months. And I'm unable to reach Alex Warren to report the problems I am having. If someone can help me, please send me a skype invite at [email protected]

Thank you.

p.s. Are their clients used to also create text games?

2019-04-14 09:05:05

Yes, as far as I know one program is for playing only, the other has the game programming tool included. Strangely, quest games often work better with screen readers if played directly online, without downloading the program. But even then it's not the most beautiful interface. Have you already tried Z-Code or Glulx games? They are almost always much, much better in terms of story, gameplay, accessibility ... everything really smile

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-04-14 16:00:39

I don't know how to code in zcode do you have a link to where I can start learning?
Thanks

2019-04-14 20:08:25

Here is a link to the webpage of Inform 7, the if authoring system for zcode games. Download Inform 7, start the program, go through the project setup dialog, and as soon as the editor opens, press F1 to see the detailed programming manual for Inform. Be warned though, that the more graphic-based parts of Inform (for example the object index) is not accessible, so you'll probably do a lot of manual testing. But the editor and the build tools are accessible.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.