2019-04-05 02:53:53

Hi people
 I'm here to ask you a question about musical notation.

currently I have been testing two programs.
the sibelios and the musescore

with musescore I can read the notes well and add

even though they do not understand much of notation
 with the sibelios too.

Is there a better way to use them?
 both for reading and for editing sheet music.
or some complement or some writing course.
sorry for english is not my native language

2019-04-05 08:47:33 (edited by Green Gables Fan 2019-04-07 12:50:25)

I don't know if this programme is up to date, but try using BME 2 by Dodicis, an Italian-based company, or Goodfeel package by Dancing Dots.
Also, did they recently make MuseScore accessible with NVDA? I tried using it once many years ago, but I didn't have much luck with it.
Someone on here mentioned a programme called Noteworthy Composer, which is completely text-based. There is also LilyPond, as well.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2019-04-05 23:20:59

I use lilypond and it is the most stable, reliable and complete. The rest are just attempts at something. MuseScore's accessibility has been just plain old abandoned, so you can get just up to a point with it but editing is really slow. If your intent is to produce solely music braille, then BME 2, which is responsibly abandoned and very outdated (its just pure miracle and coincidence it works on windows 10) then that ridiculously expensive option is what you want, though never trust music which contains lyrics or exporting/importing from music xml and print music because its just a piece of crap for that.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-04-06 01:04:00

I'd recommend Lilypond, although I don't know much about it yet, other than it looks like latex.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-04-06 02:27:55

I heard that LaTex is mostly use for Math, similar to MathJax and Math ML.
Does Goodfeel by Danding Dots still work? I recently downloaded some Wizard of Oz orchestra scores in MXL scores, which MuseScore seems to export, but it renders MIDI files completely useless. For instance, the conductor track with all the time and tempo changes are in the first instrument part rather than having its own track. Secondly, the tracks are never labelled. Thirdly, the programme changes are never consistent. For example, a track for harp might as well be for a vibraphone because that's what the programme is set to.
If BME2 is abandoned, can you get a full version of it? While it's primarily meant for JAWS, I could get NVDA to read it somewhat.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2019-04-07 17:53:42

there is a NVDA plug-in bundled with Braille music editor, which still costs 350 euros
The version there is the same as in 2009 or so, but the negligent and always unhelpful company is nevertheless happy making money

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-04-07 23:43:25

Going to that link yielded a 403 forbidden message. Is the URL correct?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2019-04-08 04:09:12 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2019-04-08 04:11:11)

opens fine here for me, am using latest firefox... though you might wish to open the original site, http://veia.it
then reload the link aboveprobably it will not load since it uses cookies or something, its a very broken site anyway

2019-04-14 03:42:20

I went to the link in post six where you said 300eEros, but it said 403 forbidden. So I went to the original site and went to download the file. I didn't see any mention of NVDA or plug-ins other than JAWS scripts. Unless, you are saying that the NVDA plug-in is but an add-on available after purchase.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2019-04-14 23:23:41

go here and find the heading named Download consigliato:

2019-04-15 02:17:08

Thanks, it worked this time. I even messaged the developer.
Do you know how to change an Add-on? I tried opening the Py and Pyo files to edit them directly, but all to no success. I wanted to replace crochet with quarter and quaver with eighth because it doesn't make sense that semi-brieve was half and brieve was whole, or semiquaver was sixteenth.
Anyhow, thanks again!

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2019-04-19 14:43:10

Thank you for answering the topic, but it's a little discouraging.
  I have to go back to looking at lilypong, but I would like something more interactive.