2019-04-12 18:45:52 (edited by heidicruiz 2019-04-12 18:49:22)

hi. does anyone play Pokémon  crystal  access  on their computer? I am having trouble loading the scripts  for it. I open the vba file and slet the Pokémon.lua  file, but I wait for a little wile and it doesn't load. can I get any help?  thank you

2019-04-12 19:12:27

Hi heidicruiz,
I play PCA, I can try to help you but unfortunately, I do not understand the issue at hand.
Here are the step by step instructions on loading the game file and the lua.
1. Run vba.exe.
2. Press control+o to open the open game file dialogue.
3. Select the "Pokemon - Crystal Version (USA, Europe).gbc" file from the file list [if this is the first time you have launched the .exe file and have not modified the folder, that .gbc file should be your only option].
4. Select and prress enter on that file [from now on, you can quickly launch the game file in VBA by pressing control+f1, assuming this is the only game you play with VBA].
The game will now make strange 8-bit sounds.
Now to get the .lua file up and running.
1. Press alt+t to jump to the tools menu.
2. Press l to jump to the "LUA Scripting" submenu.
3. Click the first option "New Lua Script Window..." or press n.
4. Navigate to the browse button or type the full directory the .lua file is located.
5. Select and press enter on the "pokemon.lua" file in the list if you have clicked the browse button.
6. NVDA focus will return to the main new LUA Script window. Navigate to the run button and press enter.
7. Wait until your screen reader announces "ready" and press escape to close the windows.
The game should now be running with the LUA script.
Hope this helps.

My website: https://clk.ink/S9uD6ph

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-04-12 20:51:47

hi do you can post the link to download pokemon crystall access?

2019-04-13 02:32:44

hi, I followed your directions thanks, but how do you start playing the game? I press enter on whree it says play button start a new game. but nothing happens I also tired space bar. is there anything else that I am missing?

2019-04-13 18:45:31

@3,
Here is a download link:
https://clk.ink/GU7iLQZ
@4
Ah, the VBA controller layout. You'll just have to get used to that.
The controls are as follows:
z=Primary Action [activates menu options] [equivilant to enter].
x=Secondary Action [ exits] [equivilant to escape].
enter=Start [as the name suggests, used to start games. Also used to show the "Pokemon Trainer" menu. [No equivilant].
This is everything you should need to play the game.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-04-13 20:49:36

You forgot backspace, which is the gameboy select button. This is important because you can register some key items like the bike and fishing rod to this button for quick use.

2019-04-13 21:13:29

hi I know that this question was askt in this topic but I cant start the game do you can give me more detail instructions for doing it?

2019-04-13 21:39:23

@7
Could you please be a bit more specific about your issue with VBA?
Here are the step by step instructions on loading the game file and the lua.
1. Run vba.exe.
2. Press control+o to open the open game file dialogue.
3. Select the "Pokemon - Crystal Version (USA, Europe).gbc" file from the file list [if this is the first time you have launched the .exe file and have not modified the folder, that .gbc file should be your only option].
4. Select and prress enter on that file [from now on, you can quickly launch the game file in VBA by pressing control+f1, assuming this is the only game you play with VBA].
The game will now make strange 8-bit sounds.
Now to get the .lua file up and running.
1. Press alt+t to jump to the tools menu.
2. Press l to jump to the "LUA Scripting" submenu.
3. Click the first option "New Lua Script Window..." or press n.
4. Navigate to the browse button or type the full directory the .lua file is located.
5. Select and press enter on the "pokemon.lua" file in the list if you have clicked the browse button.
6. NVDA focus will return to the main new LUA Script window. Navigate to the run button and press enter.
7. Wait until your screen reader announces "ready" and press escape to close the windows.
The game should now be running with the LUA script.

2019-04-13 22:01:50

ok I starded the game I wasnt understanding that you need to click the pokemon europe version but now I understand thanks.

2019-04-14 12:15:12

is there any pokemon crystal rom that is harder then the normal pokemon crystal, cause its to easy the pokemons are to lo level

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-04-15 17:32:36

@fredd
I don't think so

2019-04-15 19:07:36

Lots