2019-04-13 20:08:21 (edited by Mitch 2019-04-13 20:11:55)

Hello. So I'm relatively new to NVDA, and I'm trying to check my davice specifications, as well as update my software. I had used the disk cleanup tool because I only had a 32 gb eMMC drive, and Windows was taking up 25 GB of it.
When NVDA gets to groupings so as the device specifications, is there a way to actchally read those? I primarily use tab and the arrow keys, and the only thing that comes up is to rename the PC.
Regarding updating Windows 10,  I had, when cleaning up the disk, checked the windows update button. Was I not supposed to do this?
When I go to Settings > Windows Updates, and I set four updates, a feature update, another Microsoft update, and two Intel updates. It doesn't seem to do anything when I press enter or space on those updates, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
OK, I'm almost done with my incessant questions. I've been looking around for a Windows keyboard shortcut guide ghn NVDA, I can look at the user guide for that), but I can't seem to find a complete one. Does anyone know of one that I can google to find it?
Thanks, ⠯ I hope that I'm not asking too much.
EDIT: Not a minute later and I realize that I forgot to close the Windows update dialog about needing more space.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-04-13 20:32:20

Hello,
Press NVDA en, select help submenu, then select commands quick refference for a guide on keyboard shortcuts.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-04-13 21:13:19

I use msinfo32 to do that, but yeah hit NVDA B to read the entire window, or explore around with object nav a bit. real quick crash course, the review cursor gets you around stuff in the same focused part of the screen, it works with numpad keys when the numlock is off. 7, 4, and 2 are previous line, word and character. 8, 5, and 2 are current line, word, and character. 9, 6, 3 are next line, word, character. Double tapping the current options like 8, 5, and 2 gets the spelling of that, triple tapping 2 gets you the ascii value of that character. Object nav uses NVDA with 8, 2, 4 and 6 on the numpad. 8 and 2 jump up and down levels, while 4 and 6 go through the things on that same level.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-13 21:21:46 (edited by Mitch 2019-04-13 21:27:26)

Thanks for the help. Sadly, my update woes have not ended. It wants me to restart manually because it can't find a good time to restart in my active hours. I tried restarting normally, but Windows didn't like that, and said I needed to restart again.
Also, @ironcross, thanks for the help. I assume there is a way to do this on laptop as well? Just want to make sure there is.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-04-13 21:58:57

yeah idk the keys, but yes.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-14 00:49:42 (edited by Mitch 2019-04-29 21:59:39)

And now I can't wait to transition from my school laptop with a Celeron processor to a a Dell Precision. One more question: do enter and space perform different functions? It seems like they do the same thing, but I could be wrong.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-04-14 01:47:28

Lol your braille display is translating shit into braille lol. It's literally showing up on the screen as braille dots, just so ya know. Or, at least, parts of it are.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-29 22:02:59

Gosh darn it!
Well, now it seems like my laptop won't update, because the minimum storage is 32, and I have 29 gb. Ah well...

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion