2018-04-09 06:23:29

Hello guys. I have a new issue here. I tried to install the modern version of Classic Troopanum(the one made in 2011). Everything works fine until I select a difficulty in the process of starting a game. I get an automation error in the form of a run-time error. Why could this be?
Thanks.

2019-04-13 16:40:42

Hello everyone.
Does anyone know how to fix this error?
It is as follows:
---------------------------
Troopanum
Run-time error '-2005397118 (88781182)':

Automation error
OK   
Also, when I do a speed round and then try and start the game, after I select the difficulty level, the game begins with no error, but no sounds play. I also have the old Troopanum 1.6 made in 2002 installed. Could this be a potential factor?
Thanks to anyone who could provide input on how to fix this.

2019-04-14 00:12:17

Can the original Troopanum even run under Windows 10? As far as I can recall, even under Windows 7, that version wouldn't unpack its sounds. If you can, I would seriously love to know how you did it, because I liked the sounds far better in that version. Ditto with the original Pipe. I hate Plumber Joe, to be honest. He's obnoxious AF. Lol.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-04-14 01:45:11

Hello.
@TurtlePower, you can make it work by doing the following:
Make sure vbrunSp6.exe and the windows audio media distributables are installed. Then download the Visual Basic 6 Run-time+ zip file from Source Forge, extract it, and install the necessary files. This, if done correctly, assuming you have installed .Net Framework with one of AProne's games, will enable the running of the original Troopanum's Pipe's shortcuts with administrator. I know I got the new Classic Troopanum to run under Windows 7. Usually anything that runs on 7 can run on 10, with some tweeks. I wonder what is unusual here. Let me know if you get any errors.