2019-04-13 00:51:13

Hey KOD players:

has anyone come across this?

If you kill too many trolls when defending your land in KKOD, the troll witch queen descends on you and destroys you entirely with no chance to fight back. My question is, is there any way to defeat the troll queen before she can launch apocalypse? I;m sure anyone who can take her out would be considered quite heroic, but is it possible to defeat her in the game?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-04-13 01:07:22

This is one of the fabled bad endings.
These include, elves, trolls, drought, no cows, etc.
These happen if you anger certain people, loose all your cows, etc.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-04-13 05:11:45

Yep, if your reputation gets too bad with various none human groups, your on the edge of ruin.
Remember, the point in Kodp is not to conquer all your enemies (which you can't do anyway), but to live in peace, or at least comparative peace with everyone around you, trolls, elves etc included.

You can have a couple of enemies, like your ancestral enemy and maybe a feuding clan or two to pound on occasionally, but its wise to play as fairly as you can with everyone.

As to how to specifically avoid bad endings, well usually you don't get one without quite a bit of warning, so when someone turns up telling you   slaughter is coming,  time to start giving gifts and trying  build some bridges before they burn.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)