2019-04-07 02:56:04

In your opinion, what is the best game to play when you feel like scorching the earth, blowing things up, smashing things, generally causing destruction?
Is it Table Flipper?
I played that one, and it was fun.
Let me know;
1. how easy it is to get started in your recommended game
2. do you kill things or just destroy stuff?
3. Is the game simple, or does it have a lot of depth? Different from being easy to learn.

2019-04-07 02:59:15

sam tupy has crated a something that lets you get and throw things at eachother, but forgot the name of it
and yeah table flipper

2019-04-07 08:04:44

That game is called the randomness of sound.
Screaming Strike is fun too.
I like bloodshed and TBR and Battlezone Remake.
Psychostrike aint bad either, just not good for anything else IMHO.
I play GMA tank commander too, with the ABCEA cheat.

2019-04-07 22:55:36 (edited by turtlepower17 2019-04-07 22:59:59)

I love Screaming Strike. The original Scrolling Battles is great for a little enemy smashing as well, plus I don't see how you can't laugh at them. The taunts are hilarious to me anyway. The only problem with that game is that once you become massively overpowered, which takes almost no time at all, it kind of loses its appeal. It's still good to break out if you're in a bad mood, though. RTR is good for blowing off steam, too, but it can also backfire if you're getting beaten by other people, even if they're not cheating. Finally, Kringle Crash is pretty humorous, as well as it being far more satisfying than it should be to beat the absolute crap out of those elves. It's a Christmas game, but I do play it on occasion at other times of the year.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-04-08 00:15:12

If you're referring to just audiogames, then I'd say the list is pretty complete, add BD3 to it and start a stage like 16-2, where your goal is to do nothing but smash, explode and slice things apart.
If mainstream games are in the picture... Ninja Gaiden. Definitely Ninja Gaiden.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-04-08 00:37:24

Thanks much, everyone.

2019-04-08 00:40:20

Would someone knowledgeable about a lot of games start a topic in general games, that could be a sticky, explaining the abreviations for game titles used in the forum? It would be helpful for new players.
I can figure most of them out by going to the big game list on audiogames.net, but if I was new here, I'd have no idea.

2019-04-08 06:50:05

I don't know if that will happen, but if you have questions about any of them you've heard you can just ask here. I know most of them...

2019-04-08 13:52:23

whichb ninja gaiden? I'd like to play it if i can get it on xbox

2019-04-08 14:50:38

Talking about mainstream games, if anyone has ever played the old transformers: the game, for PS2, the amount of destruction you could do in that was crazy.
You could literally climb up a building, stomp a whole through the thing, and then just sit there and listen as the structure crumbles before you, or keep adding to the destruction if you're wanting a bit more doom and boom in the environment hahaha

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-04-08 21:04:48

There is also the Gun game in Kitchen's Sink Games. Just select a gun with 1/7 and fire away. You can also disable destroy and break sounds but I can't remember how to do that.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-04-08 21:41:28

I think it's the control key, either that or shift.
Forgot about that one actually...

2019-04-08 21:44:51

Interesting, I never thought of that one as a real game, since all it does is make sounds. You don't get a score or anything. But hey, I suppose it could work.

As for acronyms, I agree it would be a good idea to have a topic about them, but I'm not sure if that will happen. I can see how people who are new to the community would get confused by them, though.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-04-09 08:54:30

What is TBR?
I went all through the database, and I know I'm missing the obvious.

2019-04-09 09:26:08

the blood rain.

Also yeah audio games don't cut it for me in destructive potential, I need mainstream games for that, and probably GTA V, Saints Row III, MKX, Skullgirls (which I barely know how to play).

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-09 10:03:09

I like Bloodshed: Release the Pain so far.
Randomness of Sound hung up Jaws for me but I have an older version.
Thanks for all the suggestions, and keep them coming if you think of more.

2019-04-09 10:13:34

Apparently, my brain cells are dying off at an alarming rate.
I found
this topic created less than six months ago
in which I even posted!
:rolleyes

2019-04-09 12:05:25

for the mainstream ones, the just cause series also has some crazy things where you can highjack any vehicles, grapple up to hellicopters or planes, or generally shoot and destroy anything in your way. but sadly unlike the GTA series in this game you have to complete one mission first before the free roaming mode is available.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-04-09 15:38:28

Maybe your just really frustrated still then?

2019-04-12 21:21:07

Hmmmm, need to try tbr myself and give it a db page.
As well as the above suggestions, I have always liked the esp pinball games for just causing havoc, especially  old man stanley's house and the wild west table.
I also quite enjoy crime hunter's endless mode for just plane slaughter, though I think psycho strike beats it for shear havoc causing, at least until your enemies get enough weapons to not be quite so helpless big_smile.

One game I'd love to see replicated in audio is an old arcade classic called rampage which we used to play on  the comadore Amiga computer.
this was a side scroller, or at least a  game with a  scrolling view although it was in an enclosed level, where you played as three fairly huge monsters, a giant gorilla, a godzilla type lizard or a huge wolf creature.
You could walk left to write and climb up and down buildings, as well as  in any direction, and you had to complete each level by smashing all buildings  climbing up the sides of them and punching in the walls.

occasionally, you'd find different things in the buildings, like pot plants which you could eat to get health, or pots of chill which would let you blow a fireball, and of course lots of tasty little humans to munch big_smile.

The enemies were police helecopters that would try to shoot at you, but which could be punched out of the air, and cars which tried to ram you when you were on the ground, though you could jump up and down and squish them, or even punch them into the air to let those tasty humans fall out.

Though your goal was trashing all the city buildings, there were lots of other things to smash too, from lamp posts, and fire hydrents to bridges, indeed a favourite tactic of mine was jumping on a bridge until it crumbled then laughing as all the cars on it went into the drink big_smile.

It was hilarious, and since it was entirely a side scroller, though with up and down climbing for the buildings, would be absolutely doable in audio.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-12 22:32:36

Hahahahahah. That's great!
It seems like I vaguely remember that game. Maybe my brother played it.