2012-02-28 16:31:36 (edited by aaron 2012-02-28 16:32:26)

Hi all,
I do not know very much about this game as I have only had time to look at the interface.
This game is a game which requires you to quite literally run to complete objectives and move an audio story along.
I have not tried any missions yet, but what I do know is that the current version contains 13 missions, with some more to come soon, apparently for free. Game costs around £5.50 or so, around $7 so it's a little expensive.
From what I've noticed so far, the interface has a small bug in it. When you first start, nothing seems to happen, so to make it register you must close and restart the app. Voiceover then works. I believe that there are tabs, such as home, that only become active during missions but I do not know.
The missions start with only one unlocked, and that's about as far as I've got. I've been asking around on twitter how to set it up correctly as I don't want to just go right in and have the game not register my steps, and I definitely won't be running outside. I'm still wondering whether it knows to switch to gps or accelleromitor mode or whether it must be done by the player.
The game works on iPod touch 4th gen and iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4, and iPhone 4s, but needs iOS 5 to run.
This is all I know so far, and if anyone knows anything else about this game please post here, or, this could be a topic for thoughts for now and as I find out stuff I will post more.

2012-02-28 20:03:44

Hi.
you mean you actualy have to run, to well, run?
cool but not for me lol i am lazy.
hmm when i get the mac i want.(mac book pro 13 inch) i wonder if there is any good free shooting games for sited that can be messed around with that don't require yu to use a mouse?
like a zombie game or something

I'm gone for real :)

2012-02-29 11:05:07

Hi.
Yeah this game sounds totally amazing. Well I would like to run, but running as a blind guy in a city full of traphic while wearing headphones, no way! smile I hope you can cheat a bit by running in your own house or just step like you run.
I've really looked forward to this game and I can't wait to check it out.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-02-29 12:03:38

Yeah, I'd be running all the time if I had a place to do so where I didn't think injuries, death or property damage would ensue.
I like hte idea of a game that forces people to get exercise, though, Hehehe.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-29 14:54:43

Wee on a IPhone... lol...

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-02-29 17:46:48

Better than the wii in a way, since you can involve your environment more. I know someone made a Dragonball app where the seven dragonballs were scattered around the area you were in, and you had to physically go to where they were located. Since they could get stuck inside buildings or walls that you couldn't reach, it gave you the ability to use a kamehameha to move them once you got close enough.
I hear it was somewhat broken, and I never found out if it was anything resembling accessible, but that was the first I'd heard of apps that use the GPS for gaming, and it sounds like it has potential to be pretty fun in the right hands.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-03-01 11:34:20

Hi.
I played the game a lot yesterday, and find it really amazing. However, I got stuck at part 3 in the first mission. I ran for very long time, and the mission didn't continued. Well, I'll of course give it an other try.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2012-03-01 20:31:34

well i've been waiting for this for a while, as it looks pretty good. 
now i've got more insentive to use the treadmill. tongue

2012-03-02 09:54:20

I got to level 4 yesterday, and then I really had to sleep! smile
This game is really amazing. You can get a description of all items, buildings and people by clicking on them, but upgrading things and giving items to people doesn't seems to be accessible.
Something which I don't remember has to be in level 2 to unlock llevel 10. I don't know if you have to upgrade manually. I'll see if I can find any information on that.
How far have you got in the game yet?

Best regards SLJ.

2019-04-11 21:20:35

Hello
Give me the link please? Thank you.

2019-04-11 23:33:10

i backed this thing on kick starter aswell as helped them with accessabillity tipx  fro  what i  her from last  contact with them we had trubble with bass but they were working on it  you can use  it walking running on a tredmill or with out    they don't recomend using it in traffic for safty reasons lol

2019-04-11 23:33:26

Hi,
The game is available on app store, but they also have a website with news and such.
zombiesrungame.com

2019-04-12 00:54:32

They got the base accessibility fixed last I heard.
That game is so awesome!!!

2019-04-12 19:20:34

I've always fancied trying this one, but I'm not sure if you can run on the spot and still play, since there isn't really a way for me to safely run around town.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-12 19:46:18

when you start you can select constant pase, it basically assumes you're running so you can sit on your ass and unlock stuff

For me, the new coding age begins!

2019-04-12 21:07:44 (edited by Dark 2019-04-12 21:07:59)

Hmmm, that sort of sounds like it negates the point of the game big_smile.
I thought part of the point was that one actually had to run while the game was going, even if the thing is running on the spot, or do you need to use an apple watch and biometrics?
I used to do a sprint  each day and should really get back to it, so this would be a nice excuse if there is a way of using it on the spot and getting rewards.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-12 23:51:59

Hi,

I have played this game for a few years and it is awesome. They did have trouble with the base but it is a lot better now! They worked hard on making it accessible for us and I use it with my tredmill. You do have to set it for tredmill manually, last I saw.
Keep going, Runner 5

2019-04-13 05:58:51

Dark,
If you have a treadmill, you can use that.
Just set it at the pace you want to go, turn off zombie chases if you don't want to speed up, and you'll be fine.
You can also do walks, which aren't part of the story. They're called supply runs, and you just go however long you can collecting supplies. So if you're not fit enough to actually run, you can walk, and do the story missions and everything. There is all kinds of customization within the app, so people of all fitness levels can make it work for them, and have fun with the game.

2019-04-13 09:08:57

@mirage, i don't actually have a treadmill, I usually sprint on  small trampoline, which is essentially like running on the spot but sort of easier on the feet.

Its not so much the fitness problem, its more the problem of not running straight into a lamp post big_smile.
I could theoretically get a running partner (there is a service  provide them), but I don't really find running interesting enough for me to want to do it for long periods, hence when I do it its usually a five  or at most ten minute sprint.

if I could use the walking mode when I'm saying going shopping or taking Reever my guide dog for a walk that would be good, though of course that tends to  be more a sort of there and back again square type of route, still if I was getting rpg type bonuses and supplies and such it might  encourage me to walk more (I've always been a trifle jealous of people playing pokemon go).

2019-04-14 02:31:06

There really aren't bonuses or rpg stats to worry about, however as you run or walk as the case maybe you will pickup supplies you can then use to build your base.  I've been playing this "game" for a cupple of years, and even though I took a break when I moved from my apartment to a moble home, I was still able to reach season 2 mission 3.  I use to write about my runs on facebook, and if I can find a way to run again I will probably continue doing that.

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2019-04-14 23:05:11

How can this game be downloaded?

2019-04-14 23:07:23

How can this game be downloaded?

2019-04-15 01:05:35

What is the use of expanding your base?

2019-04-15 02:22:35

You level it up, gain more people, get access to more buildings, etc.