2019-04-11 21:15:59

what does this program really do? The website does not really explain it quite well.
I already got QRead and it is really good.
Just want a good solid explanation the program sounds cool!

2019-04-11 22:17:47

Some kind of multi-culti program which can help you retrieve info from Wikipedia, query word definitions and stuff. Useless IMO, and that for 10 USD. Lol

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-04-12 03:27:58

To be honest, I bought this back when I thought the dev was trustworthy, for no other reason than to support a good developer. My opinion is don't waste your time. The functionality is convenient, but it's only a matter of time until the whole thing starts breaking, and odds are it won't be supported or fixed.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-04-12 03:46:19

So  what about  QRead  are you telling me that one’s gonna start breaking too! I actually like it.

2019-04-12 05:10:28

QRead is awesome, it is the only thing good this dev has made imho

2019-04-12 05:41:42

I wouldn't worry about QRead breaking. It's the only program he's made which doesn't depend exclusively on some online service or another which can send it crashing down at any moment. It's the only purchase I don't regret making from this dev.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-04-12 05:45:10

I wouldn't recommend buying anything from that particular dev, maybe qRead, but that's it. Even that has its own little weird querks, and is very much not even close to the potential it could be for others who may be sighted, but have print disabilities or learning disabilities. Mainly it's due to their just not knowing how to treat customers.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-12 11:01:29 (edited by Chris 2019-04-12 11:02:32)

The program lets you retrieve information from places like Wikipedia and Amazon. However, I really wouldn't purchase it for the reasons mentioned above.

I agree, don't purchase anything made by Christopher Toth. I purchased his RSS Reader for both Mac and Windows, and the product didn't work as advertised on the Mac. I tried contacting him for help with this and was essentially told "It worked on Snow Leopard." and "Developing on Mac is really hard." He did nothing to help me, so now I'm out $10. I suppose the only saving grace is that the product works reasonably well on Windows, so it's not a complete loss.

So in summary, don't purchase products from him unless you want to throw your money away and receive poor or no customer support. I think he's still selling Chicken Nugget even though it's not being maintained anymore. That is absolutely unacceptable!

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-04-12 11:09:10

Nah, CN is not sold, I checked yesterday

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com