2005-03-08 18:42:38

Hi,
A couple quick questions about submitting games for the

archive.
First off, what do you do when the developer isn't in the list. 

I couldn't find where you type it in like it said to.  Is there supposed to

be an edit field that comes up?
Second off: When it asks for your name at

the bottom of the form, are you supposed to put your user

name?

Thanks,
Brian

2005-03-08 19:01:07

hmm. i

have your first question to and the second question's answer is yes. you

can put your username to.

Thumbs up

2005-03-09 00:52:03

Hi,

If the developer isn't in the list (something that will often

be the case) you should write down the full name of the developer in the

"Game Description" - field. Don't bother with the developer pull down list.

When Sander and/or I review your submission we will add the developer to the

archive.
Yes, you are supposed to enter your name at the bottom of the

form. And after that you can submit either your email or your URL. The

purpose of this is that when your submission gets approved, your name (or

fake name or whatever you filled in) will be put in a list on this

page:

http://audiogames.hku.nl/ag/ag_nouveau/ … =supportus

n
Here is a list of all the people who contributed a game to the archive

(maybe we'll expand this also with people who submit cheats and

walkthroughs and stuff, we'll see). At then end of the year the person who

submitted the most games to the archive (well, the ones that get approved by

us, that is) will receive a free AudioGames.net gift.

Thumbs up

2019-04-11 19:20:32

I wonder what happened to that list? the link seems down.
Off topic: officially, this is the oldest topic I could find. You deserve to be on the front page again mate, keep trying and we might stop this grave digging one day. I'm sad that noone brought you up from the dead, as the elder of your topic brothers you should have been the first to be revived not the last.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

Thumbs up

2019-04-11 20:18:34

...really? This is just anoying, and there's a rule against it I believe.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up

2019-04-11 20:37:05

I was only 4 at the time this topic was made. But even my 4 year old mind wouldn’t be stupid enough to revive a 14 year old topic

2019-04-11 20:51:42

@mastodont, this topic has been on this forum longer than I have, and the submission process for games in the db has changed a huuuuuuuuuge! amount  fourteen years, so methinks you'd probably be better off chatting over submission issues in site and forum feedback.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-11 21:38:44

I mean... I just don't see the reason for doing this... like, at all.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-11 22:17:26

if your really feeling like a necromancer, go to a grave and learn the necromancy, this is not the place for to test your necromancing skills, go do test them elsewhere plz

2019-04-11 22:26:09

Well considder it a joke. I did it in hopes that the mods would finally step in and do something about this topic necromancy. I've seen countless topics over the past months that were revived with absolutely no reason behind it so, after being fooled to think that there had been a new game released, which infact was just a very old topic about a game long dead I kinda snapped and decided to revive a topic myself as a form of protest.
the topic I am talking about can be found at the following link: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/1270 … ed/page/7/
Seriously, these old topics need to have a time limit for how long they stay open, I would suggest that they close automatically if there's no new post within a year. As of now, there aren't any rules what soever about limiting this kind of behaviour.
here is the rule in question:
22: Can I create a new thread on the forum or do I have to revive an old one?
There is certainly no rule that says you can only discuss things in a given topic. Just because there is a huge swamp topic about the game in the New Releases room doesn't mean  you can't create a new topic with your swamp question.
There are of course some occasions, say when discussing a new development of a previously played game, where going back to an old thread might be a good idea, but generally if in doubt create a new one instead, (it is not as if we have a limited supply of them).

Stephen King

Thumbs up

2019-04-11 23:32:50

This was the worst way to protest. You just added onto the fire

2019-04-12 00:29:04

yeah pretty much

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-12 08:04:55

@mastodont
You could have posted this in the feedback room. What you are actually doing is making people mad.
You don't motivate people to handle this in a positive and nice way. You seem to actually try to test the moderators, instead of requesting us to handle it in a nice way.
This is not the way to go if you want someone to handle this in a positive way.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-04-12 09:24:57

@slj There had been a discussion a few months ago about this subject. Some of the forum members expressed their frustrations about necroposting and asked kindly that something be done about it. I know the moderators have a lot on their minds these days and it's not an urgent matter but they should atleast show some respect to the forumites who are annoyed about it and give a statement about how is the situation handled. Are mods considdering a rule about it, are any discussions going on about this subject?
Anyway, I know resurrecting this topic wasn't exactly the right thing to do and I appologize.
I've revived the old discussion in the site and feedback room so I think we should continue debating there.
This topic should probably be closed now.

Stephen King

Thumbs up

2019-04-15 07:47:37

I have now closed the topic. I was away the whole weekend, so I couldn't do it before now.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen