2019-04-07 06:38:59

Hello all,

I have been having a really odd issue with the internal microphone on my GPD Win. I'm using the model with the Intel Atom X7-Z8750 processor.

THe microphone will sometimes disappear and I cannot use it. It doesn't appear in the list of recording devices in Control Panel, and applications cannot find or use it. What's really odd is it seems to randomly appear when I completely shut the device off and reboot Windows, while sometimes doing this does nothing at all. What's going on here? Is this a driver issue in Windows or a problem with the device? I can't find any problem or unknown devices in Device Manager.

I'm not going to worry too much, since the microphone isn't very good anyway. Still, Why is it happening and how can I fix it?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-04-07 21:28:44

I've seen this with my GPD Win as well. It happens to me after I put the device in sleep mode and wake it up. Also, the device charges very slow when it's on. It's so slow that it actually loses battery percentages. I guess the CPU is taking more power from the battery than the charger is giving.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2019-04-10 20:02:24

Yep, mine did the same thing.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-04-11 01:13:31

Do you guys know how to fix it? It's not a major priority, but I'm curious what's going on here

2019-04-11 02:50:36

I managed to fix this on mine, but I did a lot of things at once so any of these might've fixed it.
1. reinstalled windows.
2. installed the gpd drivers.
3. modified the bios to allow for less throttling and a higher t-junction.
4. reenabled fast charging in the bios.
5. reenabled waking when the lid opens in the bios.
6. disabled connected standby in the windows registry.
hth.

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2019-04-11 06:30:31

how did you reinable fast charging?

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2019-04-11 18:20:48

In the Bios

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-04-11 18:35:04 (edited by Chris 2019-04-11 18:36:37)

How do you enter the BIOS? Can I use something like Be my Eyes to help me or do I need someone with vision who can clearly see the screen? What is t-junction and how is the device throttled? Is it the processor? How do you navigate the BIOS using the keyboard? All I'd need would be for someone to tell me what I'm selecting. I didn't know there was a fast charge option, I'll have to check that out. Does all of this apply to the GPD Win 1?