2019-04-11 13:13:24

Hello all,
Is there an accessible video editor for windows 10?
I want to add text, sound effects, images, visual effects... if possible.
I don't think it is but well... asking never hurts, I guess.
Thank you.

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2019-04-11 15:38:18

i still use movie maker for mixing a picure and a sound to post on youtube, other then, i dunno

2019-04-11 16:09:51

No idea where to find a safe version of movie maker without any dangers.

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2019-04-11 19:00:11

Is there a way to convert Powerpoint presentations to video files? And is it possible to play a video in a slide while other animations are happening?
If so, that'd probably be the least annoying way to go about those particular things.
This would, of course, not include modifying video clips directly, trimming, cutting / pasting / etc sections, etc. And I'm not sure how possible it would be to include a video file in a slide without the controls being visible in the final presentation, and I'd assume a ppt-to-video converter would contain exactly what the final presentation would when viewed.
Not sure about the current iteration of movie maker, but in the past, it has had ways of accessibly accomplishing these things, to some extent. Powerpoint is less of a headache by far, but it's for slide shows with the occasional video clip, so isn't going to be capable of nearly as much, even with a converter.
I'd try movie maker. If getting it to cooperate is too strenuous, I'd then look for a ppt-to-wmv or ppt-to-mpeg or whatever converter, and see if it's possible / easier to get Powerpoint to do the desired things. If all of that proves insufficient, win the lottery and pay Adobe to make premier and aftereffects more accessible.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-04-12 15:21:23

thanks for the answer. Yeah, winning the lottery is impossible...i don't know why it's so hard to make stuff accessible.

2019-04-12 15:26:36

well, its fiddly but its at least something (check post 11 for instructions)

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-04-13 05:53:07

I can recommend video pad, from the people who made WavePad, if you remember that thing

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-04-14 17:41:35

@7

I've messed with Video Pad a bit, and I never was able to figure out how to edit video with it. Do you have any tips?

2019-04-15 08:06:55

I'd like to know myself, as I noticed their software has unlabeled buttons and such.

2019-04-15 08:59:55

I have the same question.
I even wrote to them, but no answer yet.

2019-04-15 12:52:46

It appears that there is a similar topic bearing that name.
I haven't yet tried using Video Editor in Windows 10, which just opens Photos for some reason.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy