2010-11-24 19:43:17

What is the "user carma' in peoples lists? I see it in everyone second list of information that you see when they post something. Could something please explain what this is?

2010-11-25 01:23:52

hi,
the user carma is licke a rater user
yea, for example you give a lot of good posts such you know, some good information about the topick or whatever think relationed with it (i believe) and the other users decide to give you a point or subtract one if you are very bad on posting replies...
hope that helps

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2010-11-25 02:25:31

Thanks. That would be cool if you could find out who's given you a point.

2010-11-25 10:12:05

Hi,
as far as I understand it, it was purposefully designed to be anonymous. Would you really know who subtracted a point from your karma? And would people do it so freely if they knew everyone could find out whom they like and whom they dislike? Smiles
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2010-11-25 16:27:03

Yes, Lucas has the right of it here I think. afterall, you wouldn't really want to get into a karma war where someone took a point from you, so in revenge you take points from them etc, ---- that would make the system pretty pointless.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-11-25 18:19:42

pointless, hah.  big_smile

That was the joke right?... "pointless" as in people would have less points in a karma war?  tongue

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2010-11-25 18:44:10 (edited by blaze 2010-11-25 18:45:59)

hehheh. Yahe, good one. It would still be cool but now that you mention it, it would get pretty rough. That would be coool if at least you could to what post they gave you a point for.

2010-11-25 19:02:52

alec I think you can see.  On some of my posts it said +1 at the bottom so I assume that means someone gave me 1 karma point on it.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2010-11-26 01:00:43

Actually, I wasn't attempting to make a funny there at all, just random words coming out of my brain box's tangled innards.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-11-26 11:39:47

hi,
carma is giving with thums up or thums down graphicks.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page