2019-04-07 18:16:34

Hi,
Although this mud has been referd to in other topics, but I didn't find a topic about it in the new releases.
Lensmoor is a fantacy roleplaying, questing, hack&slash and crafting mud.

RP is not enforced, but there are cases in which one might be drawn into rp situations, and good RP is rewarded.

2 types of quests are available: Zone quests which sound like missions in erion or goals in aardwolf, although i haven't completed any so far.
the other type is random tasks, be it package delivery, killing or capturing a certain mob, retreaving a certain object, ETC.

The mud also has a very ritch crafting system, it has the usual crafting skills as well as gemcraft, magecrafting and a couple others. Oh and you can change everything about a crafted item, such as it's keywords, description, ground description, etc.

It has a lot of races, although you can only access some of them depending on the continent you start in, due to the long-standing war between the 2 continents, Lensmoor and Antrippa. Speaking of wars, pk is completely optional, and one has to have a good IC reason to attack someone else from what I have understood. There's also a feature where you can PK without the death penalties, although this kind of pk is totally OOC. Another set of races become available after getting to level 90 and remorting, that have better stats and bonuses. You also retain a percentage of your skills after remorting.

Finally, there are some accessibility issues, such as lacking an accessible  alternative to maps. There was also no other way to know your status such as health, movement or mana except the prompt, but once I told the staff about it, they implemented the HEALTH command much faster than I was expecting and they are really open to feedback and making things more accessible, and this is the main reason i posted about it here. All in all, The staff and playerbase are really friendly.

The connection info is lensmoor.org, port 3500
My character there is Sharn if anyone wanted to check it out and needed any help. Granted, i'm also a newbie there and might not be able to help with many things, but at least seeing me there might give some comfort knowing that you are not the only newbie online LOL.

2019-04-07 18:50:59

I had a good amount of fun with the game for a good bit.  only problem was, sadly, you have to grind the automated quests, and that gets old way quick for me.

Great game though.  People were nice.  Is Azshana still there?  She was amazing and helped me out a lot.  That and she ran the global game things a lot.

2019-04-07 18:57:27

Agreed, although as you do more quests and your quest difficulty rises you get more qp, not to mention questing in groups is fun and gives much more quest points.

Yes she is still there, and She is as amazing as ever indeed! I also got a lot of help from her.

Also I forgot to mention the global quests, they are quests run by immortals. The objective is to get to randomly scattered objects or kill mobs and get yourself some gold or qp, depending on your preference.

2019-12-08 19:32:56

My understanding about quests is that they are timed.
Has anyone found a good way to succeed with them?
I thought I read somewhere that they were timed in a matter of minutes, like five or so.
I don't think I could find my way around that quickly.
I do love the game thus far.

2019-12-09 18:32:26 (edited by Dark 2019-12-09 18:32:42)

As I remember lensmoor, the quests are similar to those in Erion or Aardwolf. This means yes they are timed, but not timed in so stupidly a low limit as to provide problems.

I don't know if Lensmoor has similar scan commands to Erion. In Erion you could type scan to look in any given direction and be told which npcc were where, even a few rooms across  in one direction so long as lighting conditions prevailed(also a great skill for archers), they also had an "oscan" command, or object scan which would give you lists of objects.

So, completing quests was usually as simple as just running around typing "scan" until you found the person or thing you were looking for, then recalling and giving it in to the quest giver.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-01-20 01:10:46

I liked this mud when I played it in 2017, but it had one major major failing, pwiping for inactivity. I was playing in a camper while waiting for my UK visa to come through, and hit a period where I couldn't log in, and when I did, my char and all the effort I'd put into it were gone. Now when I try new muds, I always always ask on newbie or ooc if they pwipe for inactivity, so this never ever happens again.

2020-05-14 06:05:32

I don't know if I'm just not a good quester, or what the problem is.
But I'm on the lowest difficulty level, and can't seem to find my way to the quest mobs.
I get close, but never quite there.
Has anyone found commands in this Mud that are useful for finding certain things.
For example, I'm in old Lensmoor, looking for the sulfur pits. I hear them mentioned, but see no way to get to them.
Is there any command to use within an area to get to a specific room?