2019-04-04 21:31:05

Hi all,
I am looking for feedback here, in this particular topic.
Below, I've pasted a link to a topic that is closed, but hopefully should let staff post. In this topic, eventually there will be a list of users and how many warnings they have, and also if anyone is banned and the reasons for such actions. The topic is located in site and forum feedback as well. We would like your feedback as a community on this system, could it be improved? At the moment, no one is listed in the topic, so you may have to wait a while. It's more about allowing for accountability, and some forum systems actually show people's warning level on their profiles, so while this is more simple than that and more manual as well, I hope it provides the same function. Of course, please let us know if you think a different name may be required for the topic as well. This new topic can be found below.
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/2837 … nishments/

2019-04-04 23:44:46

I think this is a good idea.

2019-04-05 00:03:04

Perhaps you should sticky the topic?

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-04-05 01:51:21

I like the idea. Although posts should be deleted when the warnings do not stand anymore, cause of the warn fading stuff.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-04-05 01:56:16

I like it.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-04-05 02:36:23

I disagree about posts being deleted when warnings, bans, etc. expire. Imho if we're going to create and keep this kind of record, it needs to note warnings and bans even after they've expired. We need to know our history.

The only possible exception to this, imho again, would be when a user clearly has no regard for the forum rules, to the point that they've been permanently banned. In this case, it hardly matters what their first warning was about because they're gone and not coming back.

2019-04-05 04:25:17

agreed @6

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-05 13:57:07

What I'll do is if a warning expires the person will be removed from the list at the top.

2019-04-05 22:40:08

Either that or, you could put something next to the moderation warning like *expired or some such.  It's easy enough to go back and edit a post if necessary, and this way we keep them for historical purposes.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.